Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Oooooh, such a sweet (yes, pun intended... wink ) story! I love it how Lois fights with herself and - having lost the battle - finds lots of sooo cute excuses for her behavior wink

"Besides, the way I see it, I'm doing the chocolate a favor."
"No, seriously." She stopped and turned to face him, looking up at him in earnest. "I'm liberating it from the box. Before it turns bad. Clark, I'm saving the chocolate."
Awww, and I'm soooo sorry for poor Clark frown

"Right. Chocolate and Superman." Clark shook his head dejectedly before returning to his desk.
Really a great story smile1
Loved the open ending thumbsup

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thank you for pulling me away from my paper writing. I very much appreciate it wink .

Loved this! Very much! Loved her excuses for 'liberating' the chocolate. So very Lois.

And poor Clark.

Great revelation! Love it! Now go get Luthor!!!
Carol

Columnist
Columnist
Not being able to say no to chocolate and Superman,... that sounds about right wink

"I'm liberating it from the box. Before it turns bad. Clark, I'm saving the chocolate."
.. and am I crazy for thinking she's right??

Oh, and I loved this revelation, maybe this time Lois will actually listen to Clark about Luthor.

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Top Banana
Top Banana
*has a sudden craving for chocolate*

Lovely story, Lara. I specifically liked the revelation and Lois' declaration that chocolate shouldn't be kept around to go bad. laugh So true. *g*

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Mmm, yay for doing chocolate a favor! thumbsup I have to agree with Lois on that one. Cute revelation story, all around. And Clark was so brave for exposing his secret to her--but if there's one thing *he* can't say no to, it's Lois!

Columnist
Columnist
Yay, you posted! Leaving FDK as I read...

For the fifth time in as many minutes, Lois looked away from her screen and glanced toward the box of chocolates sitting on Megan's desk. It had been there for days. Untouched. Unguarded.

Taunting her.
LOL! How very Lois.

She was convinced that the food columnist had left it there on purpose, knowing that the temptation would likely drive her crazy.
We're onto you now, Megan, you want to send Lois to the loony bin so you can have Clark all to yourself!

"I'm liberating it from the box. Before it turns bad. Clark, I'm saving the chocolate."
rotflol

He'd make things right again. Because that was what Clark Kent always did.
Awww

"But the last time I looked, Kent, you weren't him."
*smirk*

"Yes, Lois, I was." With that, he removed his glasses and took a step forward. "I've always been. You just weren't looking closely enough."

Lois sucked in a sharp breath, her eyes growing wide.

"Now," Clark said, putting the glasses back on, "could we please talk about Lex Luthor?"
Yay!!

This so rocked, Lara! hail

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Top Banana
Top Banana
So nice, Lara smile

Lois sure wins big time - she and Clark will get the Luthor story that will win them a Kerth, of course; she finds out "The Secret", plus.... she gets chocolate. It doesn't get any better than that - at least on the gfic side smile

c.

Features Writer
Features Writer
She gave him an awkward smile. "No'shing," she replied, desperately trying to hide the evidence by swallowing the mouthful of chocolate. "You're imagining things."

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Sure. And I suppose that chocolate in your mouth is imaginary, too?"
Come on, Clark. Stick your tongue in her mouth and get evidence! And seriously, in a non-gutter-related comment, I love how you have her smile awkwardly, the way she pronounces "nothing," and then swallows the chocolate. It's SO Lois!

"No, seriously." She stopped and turned to face him, looking up at him in earnest. "I'm liberating it from the box. Before it turns bad. Clark, I'm saving the chocolate."
Ha, I may try that as an excuse next time I, uh, accidentally go to the Coach store. But I'm saving the purse before it goes out of style!

"Right. Chocolate and Superman." Clark shook his head dejectedly before returning to his desk.
Awww, poor Clark!

In the blink of an eye, he had lost it all. All the things that were dear to him, gone. Taken away, stolen. It was Luthor's doing, Clark knew. The devil in a three-piece suit.
I love your subtle description of Lex from Clark's point of view. It simply speaks volumes; as does our poor (hot) farmboy's sadness.

"Now," Clark said, putting the glasses back on, "could we please talk about Lex Luthor?"
WOW! eek

Lara, you rock! Not only can you help my newspaper with the correct le/la usage for crepes, but you also can write! HELLA good, may I add! smile1 I love this! It's great how it presents two time elements without being overtly verbose. It's absolutely fantastic, so go turn on some Celine and do a victory dance! laugh

Yes, I know: mad

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb... loved the revelation scene especially Clark putting his glasses back in place to.. talk.

thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Smooth! Love the ending. You end it just before Lois ruins our sweet story with her response. So which does Clark get, the Lady or the Tiger?

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
THAT is how it SHOULD have been! Nice job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful but
~The End~
wildguy

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
[Linked Image]

They are just sitting there... and Lois is supposed not to touch?

[Linked Image]

Eating chocolate - who, me?

But it is hard to deny it when the treat is in your mouth...

"Lois? What are you doing?" he asked, his voice full of reproach, though he spoke barely above a whisper.

She gave him an awkward smile. "No'shing," she replied, desperately trying to hide the evidence by swallowing the mouthful of chocolate. "You're imagining things."
And she had to swallow the whole thing without having time to savour it!

"Stop being so judgmental, Clark. It's just a piece of chocolate. Megan won't even care!" Lois protested. "Besides, the way I see it, I'm doing the chocolate a favor."

"You're-- what?" Clark chuckled. "A favor? Lo-is!"

I sort of agree with her - you don't want to know what happened to a bar of chocolate with nuts that I had just forgotten in a drawer for three years... <insert green retching gremlin>

And the ending! Hah, what an ending! Tell me, Lara, is it possible to kill another person with chocolate? Maybe if you have a truffle with a soft tender kryptonite filling? Then again, I know why Clark put on his glasses again. When I was a kid there was a code of honour which said that you mustn't hit a guy with glasses!

Lovely! Hey, I'm ready for another piece of chocolate, Lara!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Hi Lara,

It might have taken you a little longer to reach your goal, but good things are worth waiting for ... and not just chocolate. smile

This was truly a little 'treat' of a story. Sweet and with just the right amount of tartness, and a wonderfully yummy finish. wink

Loved it.
Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm putting this on my to-read list for next week!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
No'shing," she replied, desperately trying to hide the evidence by swallowing the mouthful of chocolate.
"No'shing" - that says it all! I can see the look on her face so plainly.

lol

It seemed like an eternity ago that he'd caught Lois stealing a truffle from a box exactly like that one. Though in fact, it was just the day before.

(snip)

There wasn't a newsroom to go to anymore. There wasn't even a Daily Planet. The building had gone up in a ball of flames, and with it the livelihood of so many people. And as if that hadn't been enough to shatter Clark's own hopes and dreams, the worst blow of all had come when he had learned that Lex Luthor had proposed marriage to Lois.
I really, really love that this story has solid before-and-after line. The moment when everything changes always fascinates me because there's so much depth to explore. In this case, the chocolate scene shows how sweet and even innocent life was before compared to how it is after.

devil in a three-piece suit
Great line.

"But the last time I looked, Kent, you weren't him."

"Yes, Lois, I was." With that, he removed his glasses and took a step forward. "I've always been. You just weren't looking closely enough."

Lois sucked in a sharp breath, her eyes growing wide.

I've always enjoyed matter-of-fact revelations, and this is a really good one. He's pretty much saying, "We don't have time for your histrionics, there's something important going on here, you can yell later, for now listen to me!" This is what he should have done in the show. And it's a great zinger of an ending!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was a great little vignette, Lara.

"Besides, the way I see it, I'm doing the chocolate a favor."
I can always relate to chocolate-loving Lois and your/Lois's explanation that she was just *freeing* the chocolate: wonderful smile

rotflol I could so picture this. It reminded me of Lois eating Perry's last donut and then blaming Carl from Travel (was it?), who was out of town, unfortunately. Great.

"Ah. But didn't you say there were two things you couldn't say no to?"

"Yes, yes, two things. Chocolate and Superman," (...) "But the last time I looked, Kent, you weren't him."

"Yes, Lois, I was."
awww - I find that reply smart and sweet and also a little sad ...

Gotta love straight-back-to-the-issue-at-hand Clark smile

All in all, this was such a cute little story. Thanks a lot for sharing smile

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
This was great, Lara! What a nice surprise. Thank you smile .

Caroline

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awww! Thank you all so much! [Linked Image]

I really appreciate all your comments - they totally made my day. Thank you!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I haven't read it yet, but I LOVE the title. Truffles and Tribulations indeed. I love the Star Trek pun.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard