Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47997 11/06/07 10:51 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Well, what can I say? You really found a way to get Lois and Clark choose costumes for each other that was quite believable.

But the hospital scene... Sammy, if it wasn't your own work you copied, I'd have accused you of plagiarism. As a matter of fact, I was going to do so until I realized that you changed your nick (again). Well, at least I didn't make a fool out of myself. But couldn't you at least change the names? Or was this supposed to be a hint for the guessing game? Or maybe it's meant to be a double entendre (combined with the title), butchering your own story?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#47998 11/06/07 11:31 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That part was actually written by Lexy and she wouldn't let me change it. And yes, it was introduced as part of the guessing game, to make people actually think of me when they were guessing.

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
#47999 11/07/07 01:21 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
You two are so devious! clap Still, wasn't that pretty much copied and pasted (and maybe a little bit edited) from 'Begin the Begin'? Or did you leave that part out in the end? huh

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#48000 11/07/07 12:17 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Actually, there was no cutting or pasting involved. We didn't even look at that part of Begin the Begin when we wrote Butcher. All we did was resurrect some memorable characters.

But it is possible that she liked that part of my story so much that she could remember it ... word for word.

Arrgghhh ... now you've got me thinking and I want to go and check that part. Ten wasn't it? Or maybe eleven?

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard