Next Thread
Print Thread
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback for number 9.

---

The description in the beginning chilled me to the bone just thinking about it! This was wonderfully written. I certainly felt Lois' panic and desperation. I was getting nervous sitting here thinking WHERE IS SUPERMAN? WHERE IS HE, DANGIT!? And then the end was just perfect. Sweet and just... *sigh* Great job.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Kerth
Kerth
What a sweet ending! Great story, whoever you are (I'm REALLY bad at this game!). thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
One thing that struck me here was the beautiful writing style. This piece was written by someone who is very much in control of her writing skills. Yes, I say her writing skills, because it seemes obvious to me that this was written by a woman.

The story was quite carefully constructed, too. In the end Lois tells Superman to take her to Clark. We are left to guess what will happen, but I think that Superman will fly her to Clark's apartment and probably change into Clark before her eyes. Or maybe not, if she is too tired and too much in shock. But if he won't tell her that Superman is Clark Kent that night, I really think he will tell her in the morning. (Because surely she will spend the night in Clark's apartment, sleeping soundly in Clark's bed, with Clark either on his couch or very chastely in bed with her.)

Beautiful piece. For some reason, I keep thinking that it was written by DJ.

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Wonderful story, really. At first, I thought I might end up reading a deathfic, but fortunately it wasn't. But it sure scared me, seeing Lois nearly drown.

But the best of all was the ending, true. Right now, I'm near to melting into a puddle. Hmmm.

As to who the author is.. I don't really know. Even though there was one mistake ('site' instead of 'sight') in there that looks like one of Nancy's trademarks, I don't think this is hers. But the whole way Lois feelings are described... Bakasi, might that be yours?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story doesn't really follow the "costume" theme, but honestly? Who cares. If you want to write a fic that deviates from that theme, I'll post it anyway.
Really? Oooh! *laughs wickedly*

This was just... OMG. completely, absolutely amazing and wonderful and... awwww!!!

My jaw dropped to the keyboard a few times throughout -- did you hear it? My coworkers did!

I'm blown away. notworthy And I'm pretty sure I know who wrote this, too.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow that was great.

It sorta followed the theme. She did have that fun daydream about using the cape at the Halloween party. lol

You guys and your open endings are killing me though. mecry

But I adored this story and I adored the writing style. I have a guess for this one as well... but like I said I think I've already looked foolish enough with my silly guesses. haha

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Kerth
Kerth
There's one person who consistently makes my jaw drop and then makes me vow never to write another word because it's pointless when perfection has just been obtained.

Caroline.

If it's not her, I just found someone else to build an altar to and worship. hail

ETA: Just reread it and I have one other possibility. Caroline doesn't put a space on the end of her elipses, so either she's faking me out or alcyone wrote this.

See! This is why I stopped guessing! I know I'm going to be wrong.

Whomever you are - you're amazing. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Features Writer
Features Writer
I got it...well I think I do. It's very intense, very detailed and very _direct_.

Was there anything worse than freezing? Dying. Dying would be worse than freezing.
The last (how direct the writing is) I think is key. The first two can easily throw us off. I don't think it's Caroline, though the detail can lead us to think so. I'd be very surprised.

I think. Great story. I'm always a sucker for details n' drama.

laugh alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Wow! I admit to also thinking this was a deathfic. i agree that my guess is a woman wrote this and a woman who sure knows how to create a very real scene. Great writing job and aww the last line! I hope that maybe when this contest is over, the author might just think to continue this perhaps even an n-fic tidbit?

Mona

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This reminds me of Tank, Wendy or Sue. I'm going out on a limb and saying Wendy, even knowing that she writes for the good Dr. these days.

What a poignantly touching, thrillingly scary piece.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Elisabeth suggested reading these things to take my mind off RL for a while.

Since we just recently had Nan writing of Lois's near deadly experiance with cold water in Second Choices, ah think this is Nan's work.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
That was such a suspenseful story. My toes are freezing now!

And I've pretty much given up on trying to guess for now too. I'm too busy just trying to keep up with all of these stories. Whoever did write this...you did an awesome job!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard