Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So here's the much talked about part sex... err, six.
Oh yeah. cool I'm psyched. This has been much awaited. On with the show!

A soft sound, like someone clearing their throat, caught her attention and she glanced over towards her open living room window. A neon light had been put up across the street and she was still trying to get used to the unnatural red glow that now filtered in through the window. When she had the lights on in her apartment she normally didn’t notice it. But with all the lights off and her eyes not yet acclimated to the dark, it...
*oh* This is very most definitely reminding me of my desktop background.

Her breath caught in her chest. He... he wasn’t wearing his Suit! Or cape! He was dressed in... regular clothes. He had on a dark-colored men’s suit with a white dress shirt. There was no tie. The shirt was completely unbuttoned, exposing the simple cotton t-shirt he was wearing underneath. The white sleeves of the shirt were exposed where they rolled back over the coat sleeves and his shirt was untucked.
*giddy* Why is this so... sexy? I absolutely LOVE Superman coming over dressed in normal clothes. That's just so... terrifying and... sexy. Weird.

*blinks* Let me go refresh the story. Just got a PM from DJ herself...

a wallpaper that Laura S made (that I tried to recreate in this fic)
Oh. *Blushes* If it helped create this fantastic, nailbiter fic... you can set me in front of paintshop pro for hours and I'll try anything to do it again! Okay. Back to the sexy, red-tinged, lustful Clark.

“Mmmm,” he murmured, giving her another slow taste. “I said I’d come back... we’d go flying.”

Her brain stuttered. This *was* Superman. The real one. No one could possibly know that but him.
Aghh!!! I KNEW IT! Gah! It's getting better and better.

A noise came from his lips that could have almost been a chuckle if it hadn’t sounded so dark and disturbing. “I am Clark.”
jawdrop DJ, you're giving me a heart attack!

//”...force her. You must show her that you are not to be denied. Her subjection must be complete. Even if you have to force her. You must show her that you are not to be denied. Her subjection must be complete. Even if...”//

jawdrop TWO jawdrop smileys, this is what your story is reducing me too! A quivering, purple, jaw drop.

Laying her cheek against his shoulder, she whispered softly in his ear. “I know you don’t mean this. You would never do this.” She let out a shaky breath and shut her eyes even tighter, steeling herself for what was about to happen, fighting him would only make it worse.
This is just so... so... oh my god! It's so sweet and yet so heartbreaking!

A black stretch limo.
ASHGFUIFDHGIDS! *grabs DJ by the collar* I need.... part...7....! This was... wow. I'm certainly too riled to go to bed now. *Anxiously bounces in chair* I'm thinking Kerth award, DJ, no joke whatsoever.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
WOW! That was incredible. I figured out pretty quick that Luthor's limo had to be somewhere nearby but I wasn't sure that CK would be able to overcome the programming in time!

SOOOOOOOOOO glad that he did!

So Luthor - or someone working for him, but more likely him - has been hypnotizing or in some other way controlling Clark/Superman.

What will Lois do with her new found knowledges? Not only that Superman/CK is being controlled by someone else somehow [because she has to know that because she knows neither one of them would act like that normally] but that Superman is Clark - or Clark is Superman - however you want to put it.

So, part 7 will be up when? Tomorrow? [on the west coast because it's already tomorrow here smile ]
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I try not to answer fdk too quickly... but I was chewing my nails this morning when I got up - nervous to see what anyone thought or if anyone had even been brave enough to read.

<whew>

I feel so much better now, ladies.

Laura S - I'm so glad you were reminded of your wallpaper because, yes, that's what inspired me. You have no idea how long I stared at that wallpaper for inspiration and how long I poured over it when describing him in that scene. I think my brain short-circuited a few times. <g>

*giddy* Why is this so... sexy? I absolutely LOVE Superman coming over dressed in normal clothes. That's just so... terrifying and... sexy. Weird.
Thanks. Glad you thought so too and I'm not the only weirdo. <snort>

I hope you survived those heart attacks - they must have been doozies to have turned your jaw purple <LOL> take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning. <snort>

I love when you curse at me in nonsensical alphabetic letters <ROTFLOL> And I'm completely bowled over and blushing profusely at what you said. Thank you so much, Laura. I'm so glad you enjoyed the part.

<wipes brow>

Hi carolm! Thank you so much.

I figured out pretty quick that Luthor's limo had to be somewhere nearby but I wasn't sure that CK would be able to overcome the programming in time!

So Luthor - or someone working for him, but more likely him - has been hypnotizing or in some other way controlling Clark/Superman.
<g> Most likely yes. We'll see... <wink>

You had some very good questions... some of which will be answered in the next part...

But no, unfortunately that part isn't quite finished yet. 6 pages are finished and the rest is sketched. <g> So it will be several more days before it's posted. Sorry.

But I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks guys! I feel better now. <g> Actually I'm a little giddy from the fdk.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm a latecomer to this fic, but by golly, it's incredible! dance Only 2 or 3 more chapters to go? Oh, dear. Please, please, update soon!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Features Writer
Features Writer
OOOOh the aftermath is going to be amazing. So much angst! What a great part!

I knew it was Clark himself and not a clone or anything like that. I will come back with more once I get the chance.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aaawww, what a lovely sweet waffy little installment. notworthy

Now I know you're not into the nficcy thing so much, but talk about po-tential. I like the ones that are, er, different in some way, and this would certainly qualify as that. And now I'm confessing to being a perv as well as a broken record, so I'll stop nagging. My efforts never come to anything anyway.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Columnist
Columnist
wow what an intense and angsty part. This was difficult to write, wasn't it?

So when will we get a chance to breathe and see how Lois will cope?

Great writing style DJ.

The question now is: What happened to Clark/Superman? Mind control?

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, DJ, this was intense!

&#8220;Okay. I bet you want to know if Lex's limo was at the bank robbery that Superman thwarted yesterday,&#8221; he said, crumpling his napkin and setting it on his empty plate.

Lois rolled her eyes. &#8220;No, first of all, *I* already know the limo was there. I saw it myself. Secondly, *you* don't know that it was "Lex's' limo. And thirdly, I'm not so sure *that* was Superman.&#8221;
Clark tells Lois that Lex is evil, and Bobby Bigmouth gives her damning information about Lex - and she won't believe either of them? :rolleyes:

She shoved them discreetly under the table and passed them to Bobby. It wouldn't do for her uncle to find out she got her brownies elsewhere.
You had me ROTFLOL-ing at that, DJ! razz

Lois opened the door and stumbled inside her dark apartment. Hadn't she left a light on? She swore she had left the light over the kitchen sink on...

A soft sound, like someone clearing their throat, caught her attention and she glanced over towards her open living room window. A neon light had been put up across the street and she was still trying to get used to the unnatural red glow that now filtered in through the window. When she had the lights on in her apartment she normally didn't notice it. But with all the lights off and her eyes not yet acclimated to the dark, it...
The darkness, broken only by some unnatural red light... do you know what that reminds me of, DJ?

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

(I found an even better, more red-black image, but it was too big...)

&#8220;You wanted to see me, Lois?&#8221;

The voice was as dark as the room, but familiar. The question was soft and hesitant, but held an underlying tension. Superman? Was it him?
Creepy, DJ. It's almost him, but not quite. But there's no need to panic just yet. (Like I said... not yet.)

&#8220;Superman?&#8221; she asked, hopeful.

&#8220;Yes.&#8221;

&#8220;Oh. Here, let me get a light.&#8221; She turned towards the lamp beside her to click it on, but she was prevented when a large hand came from behind and caught hers.
<shudders>

&#8220;Why did you ask me here, Lois?&#8221; he murmured, his voice low and unexpectedly different... Was it her imagination or was there longing in his tone?
Wow! Amazing! It's like Beauty and the Beast, except that it's a far scarier beast than the one in Disney's movie. This is a real beast, a rapist... but it is also a wounded soul, full of longing for the woman he desires.

What had Clark told him? Never mind that, what did she tell him? &#8220;I...&#8221; she stammered, not turning to face him, her thoughts not coming together the way she had planned. He had caught her off guard, being here, waiting for her to get home. And now, touching her like this &#8211; she was exquisitely aware of the heat of his hand on hers.
Indeed, why had she asked him to come? No wonder she can't remember why in this situation.

&#8220;You like me, don't you, Lois?&#8221; he asked softly. His hand pulled gently, coaxing her to turn around.

Her stomach fluttered nervously. Wasn't that what the clone had asked her? The sense of déjà vu was overwhelming as she turned to him and admitted, &#8220;You know I do.&#8221;
The clone, Lois? If only it was. Then the real Superman could have saved you.

Her breath caught in her chest. He... he wasn't wearing his Suit! Or cape! He was dressed in... regular clothes. He had on a dark-colored men's suit with a white dress shirt. There was no tie. The shirt was completely unbuttoned, exposing the simple cotton t-shirt he was wearing underneath. The white sleeves of the shirt were exposed where they rolled back over the coat sleeves and his shirt was untucked.
Oh, wow!!! This is just so... depraved somehow. Sexy but slimy. Depraved. Superman doesn't dress like that! Superman doesn't act like that!

The red lighting from outside was casting a surreal glow to his features. His hair was tousled from its normal slick appearance and his eyes were dark and intense.
Can't resist posting this image. It's actually an excellent image of a so-called planetary nebula, called the Cat's Eye Nebula... but it does look wicked, doesn't it?

[Linked Image]

&#8220;Let me go,&#8221; she said, trying to slip her hand free from his. This wasn't Superman. It couldn't be. He had never come to her like this before, dressed like this, with that look in his eyes &#8211; it sent a shiver down her spine as memories flashed through her mind of the first clone.

His hand tightened on hers, barely even perceptible, but enough that she knew without a doubt that this wasn't Superman. Not her Superman.
Horrible. She begs him to let her go, but instead his grip on her tightens barely imperceptibly - but just barely imperceptibly. <shudders>

&#8220;You're not Superman,&#8221; she said quietly, trying to keep the fear from her voice as she continued her attempt to free her hand of his grip.

&#8220;Yes, I am, Lois.&#8221; He levitated off the floor a few inches as if that was supposed to prove something and then lowered himself back down. &#8220;You said you wanted to speak with me. So here I am.&#8221;
It's like a nightmare.

He pulled her closer to him, until she could feel the warmth of his body bleeding through her clothing and caressing her skin. She could feel an underlying tension in his posture. His proximity was making her dizzy. He leaned down, brushing his lips near her ear. &#8220;Why did you ask me here, Lois?&#8221; he repeated, the need in his tone now clearly manifest.

&#8220;I...&#8221; Her mind was unable to form a coherent thought. Why *had* she asked him here?

Her body went rigid when his lips placed a kiss just under her ear next to her hairline. It sent tingles down her neck and goosebumps rose on the backs of her arms. She had dreamt of this very situation a million times. Superman would come to her, admit to her that he was in love with her. He would touch her... kiss her.

Her mind swam and then began to founder from his slow, sensual kisses to her lips; the soft touch of his hand to her face, sliding down to cup her chin as he deepened the kiss.
I love the words and expressions you use here, so charged with meaning and associations. She could feel the warmth of his body bleeding through her clothing and caressing her skin. She could feel a tension in his posture. His proximity was making her dizzy. Her body went rigid. His kiss sent tingles down her neck and goosebumps rose on the back of her arms. Her mind swam and then began to founder.

There is sheer poetry here. It's beautiful, but really scary, too.

&#8220;What did you say to me just before you left to destroy the Nightfall asteroid?&#8221; she quizzed him.

&#8220;Mmmm,&#8221; he murmured, giving her another slow taste. &#8220;I said I'd come back... we'd go flying.&#8221;

Her brain stuttered. This *was* Superman. The real one. No one could possibly know that but him.
It's him, Lois. Accept it.

&#8220;I know,&#8221; he admitted softly. &#8220;You wanted to know how I felt about you - isn't that right?&#8221; he murmured, his voice thick with a strange intensity.

Oh god. Clark had told him! &#8220;I wanted...&#8221;

&#8220;I know what you wanted,&#8221; he told her, taking her other hand in his. He wrapped her arms behind her, despite her efforts to resist him, and grasped her two smaller hands together in one of his as he brought his other hand up to trace his fingertips lightly over her cheek.

He took in a shuddery breath before continuing, &#8220;I know what you want because it's what I want too. What I've wanted for a long time.&#8221;

Really? No, she pulled herself away from the daydream. Something wasn't right. He seemed to be Superman, but he just wasn't acting... normal. She needed to get back in control...
Oh yes, she had wanted it, but not like this... not when he was so weird and scary.

Lois jerked her mouth away from his, gasping for breath. &#8220;No! No, you're wrong. This isn't what I want. And you're not Superman.&#8221; She didn't care what questions he'd been able to answer. &#8220;He would never behave like this.&#8221;

His smile sent chills down her spine. &#8220;You're wrong. I am Superman. I'll prove it to you.&#8221;

Lois was panicking. No. No, this couldn't be happening. &#8220;Clark,&#8221; she heard herself whimper. She wasn't sure why his name had sprung to her lips &#8211; she should have been screaming for the real Superman to come.

But for some reason, it made him pause.

&#8220;Clark?&#8221; he asked, sounding amused. &#8220;You think Clark's going to save you? Clark's not coming.&#8221;
I love it! She is calling for Clark! And somehow, on some level, that penetrates at least a little of his haze.

&#8220;What?&#8221; she whispered in shock. Why would he say that? &#8220;Have you done something to him?&#8221; Dread filled her heart. This was the clone &#8211; and he had done something to Clark. Horrific images began to flash though her mind.

A noise came from his lips that could have almost been a chuckle if it hadn't sounded so dark and disturbing. &#8220;I am Clark.&#8221;
Wow!!!! Oh, wow!!!! What a revelation, DJ!!!

&#8220;What?&#8221; Confusion and disbelief jolted through her body. No. No, it couldn't be. But as she looked at his face again, into his eyes, she realized it was the truth. She didn't know how she had never seen it before, but there it was, staring her in the face. Clark Kent was Superman. She knew it like she knew the grass was green or the sky was blue. It suddenly just was. A thousand different moments became clear. A hundred different memories abruptly wove themselves together into a fabric that encompassed both of the men now standing before her.
And she can see the truth of it so perfectly clearly.

Her stomach rolled abruptly, her mind screaming white noise. Something was wrong with him. What had happened to him? Who had done this to him? This wasn't him. This wasn't Clark! This wasn't Superman!

And she knew then, without a doubt, that there was no clone.

Superman had done all those things.
Yes, Lois, he had. It was him all along.

There had been nothing to stop him from stealing, from behaving callously in the face of other people's distress. Lois was in trouble and, this time, Superman was not going to save her. *She* had to stop him. It was up to her.
Yes, Lois! It's up to you to stop him!

Her mind and thoughts were tripping over one another. She was grasping at them like they were feathers floating on a swift breeze.
Love the graceful poetry of this.

&#8220;No,&#8221; Lois cried, determined to resist him. &#8220;Please, Supe-- Clark, please don't do this.&#8221;

His only answer to her plea was to capture her lips in another kiss, his fingers fumbling with her buttons. She turned her head violently to the side, trying to escape.

There was a ripping sound as her shirt was pulled off one shoulder and down her arm. His teeth grazed her shoulder as a groan came from his lips.
<shudders>

Clark felt like he was coming out from a deep sleep. It was dark and he couldn't see... but he could hear a voice distinctly. It was Lois's.

&#8220;Stop it! You're hurting me!&#8221; She was screaming the words at him.

Then there was another voice in his head. A familiar voice, though he couldn't place it. But it wasn't speaking to him; it was more like a memory &#8211; instructions repeating.

//&#8221;...force her. You must show her that you are not to be denied. Her subjection must be complete. Even if you have to force her. You must show her that you are not to be denied. Her subjection must be complete. Even if...&#8221;//

&#8220;I...&#8221; Clark stammered, the room blurring in and out of focus. He was hurting her? &#8220;Lois, I...&#8221; He didn't *want* to hurt her. He shook his head, trying to clear it, trying to fight whatever was happening to him.

But it was exhausting. The more he fought, the more he felt as if he were mentally slogging through quicksand.
On some level I have trouble believing this - I mean, I have a hard time believing that Superman could be mind-controlled so completely. Remember that Lex would be working against a lifetime of teaching and upbringing and conditioning on Clark's part, DJ. I'm not saying that it's impossible to brainwash people, far from it! Just yesterday I listened to a radio documentary about North Korea, and you could hear the sounds made by tens of thousands of people as they were crying and wailing at the death of the former dictator (can't remember his name). Honestly, all those people sounded like a chorus of thousands of pitifully howling poodles. Unbelievable. But remember, they have been brainwashed all their lives, too. Clark has been taught about morals by his beloved parents, and he has tried to live their morals, which became his morals, all his life. Could Lex undo a lifetime of deep-seated beliefs by a mental command?

//&#8221;Obey. You must obey. There is no right. There is no wrong. There is only my voice and my command. Obey. You must obey. There is no right...&#8221;//

No right... no wrong...
You don't believe it, Clark. Admit it.

(Okay, but if he doesn't believe it, we won't have this yummy fic... so... okay, I will accept that he believes it, DJ.)

He relaxed, allowing the darkness to envelope him and drown out his disquieting thoughts. He was doing what he was supposed to. This is what Lois had always wanted, after all. Superman. She had yearned for him... thrown herself at him.

She wanted him.

And he wanted her.
Yeah, well... that should be rather easy to believe!

He used one hand to tug at her clothing. She fought to stop him &#8211; why was she fighting him? And then he heard her crying out to him again.

&#8220;Plee... hee... heese, Claaaarrrk,&#8221; she sobbed.

His body stiffened. No. This wasn't right. She was frightened. She was begging him. He had to help her. Clark struggled against the darkness in his mind, but the effort bordered almost on physical pain. He began to lose focus and would have receded into the black void once more but a pitiful whimper escaped Lois's lips, and her fear compelled him to fight. Help her, help Lois &#8211; he began mentally reciting the words like a mantra.
But Lois's fear and pain pierces his mental fog! Yay!

His eyes flew open. Lois was pinned between him and the wall, her face so very close to his own. Her lips were red and swollen and her expression was contorted in fear.

&#8220;Lois?&#8221; Her name felt thick in his mouth. What was he doing? What was happening?

&#8220;Don't do this,&#8221; she pleaded, hope springing into her eyes as a tear streaked silently down her flushed cheek.

No. No, he didn't want to hurt her.

//&#8221;subjection... complete... force her... not to be denied... must obey... subjection... force her...&#8221;//

Clark shook his head, trying to clear the rambling thoughts, trying to fight against them as they threatened to overwhelm his senses once again. Lois was crying. He had to make her stop crying.

&#8220;I don't...&#8221; he rambled, not able to concentrate and lost in confusion.

He had to make her...

//&#8221;not to be denied...&#8221;//

He had to make her see who was in control.
He wakes up and realizes the horrible thing he is about to do to Lois (and the sufficiently bad thing he has done to her already), but then he succumbs to Lex's mental command again?

A few tears slipped from Lois's eyes as she shut them against what was happening. There was no escape &#8211; she couldn't fight him. She didn't have any strength left to fight him with. Laying her cheek against his shoulder, she whispered softly in his ear. &#8220;I know you don't mean this. You would never do this.&#8221; She let out a shaky breath and shut her eyes even tighter, steeling herself for what was about to happen, fighting him would only make it worse.

Clark jolted to full awareness, memories flooding from his mind. He grasped at them but couldn't hold on to them. As he became aware of his surroundings, he was instantly confused about why he was in Lois's apartment and simultaneously horrified by the tears on her cheeks and her torn blouse... The words "you would never do this' echoed over and over in his mind. One of his hands was pinning her hands behind her and the other was...
He wakes up! Her helplessness and sorrow was more than he could take.

He jerked his hands away from her and stepped backwards so quickly that he almost fell down.

Lois gasped when Clark's hands were suddenly gone and she was teetering unsteadily under her own power. She opened her eyes to find him standing several feet away from her, a shocked and confused expression on his face.

&#8220;Lois?&#8221;

&#8220;Clark?&#8221; she whispered, and then, &#8220;Superman?&#8221;

His eyes widened further. &#8220;No... I... No, what's happening? What am I doing here?&#8221;
I love that she called him both Clark and Superman.

The anguish in his voice added to her own, breaking her resolve. She began to cry in earnest and collapsed with relief down to the hardwood floor beneath her.

She heard Clark gasp and sensed him take a couple of steps towards her, but then he stopped.

&#8220;Lois, I'm sorry. I don't know what... God, Lois...&#8221;

And then he was gone. She could feel the gust of wind as it ruffled her hair and she opened her eyes to find herself alone in her apartment.
Yes, when he finds out that he has been about to rape Lois, Clark-in-his-right-mind would decide that the only acceptable thing to do would be to remove himself from her.

She lay on the floor for a few moments in shocked disbelief of what had just happened, but then, she finally snapped out of it. That was Clark that had just flown out of her window.

He had seemed confused, and yet, he was the only one who could give her answers. She got up and went to her window, looking out. Lois knew he was gone but she still had to look...
But Lois would realize that she had to make him come back to her. He simply had to answer her questions, and they had to try to solve this awful problem together.

And that's when she saw it.

A black stretch limo.
Of course!

Okay, Lois, now you know that there is no clone, that Superman himself has been doing all the bad things, and that someone is controlling him. You also know that those who control him drive a black limo registered to Lexcorp. Plus, you know that Clark is Superman.

So, Lois, how about you don't go to Lex this time and ask him for help to save Superman?

Wowzers, that was an amazingly intense chapter, DJ! Looking forward to more!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
wildguy I'm craving more! Where's the next part?

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DJ, my computer is on maintenance so I'm just sneaking a peek at the boards. I can't leave a proper FDK, so I wanted just to say this part was awesome. Wow! That sure was a H-O-T revelation! Though Clark wasn't being himself and got too brazen, the scene was sexy as hell... drool Girl, you're missed on the nfic side. Got the hint? laugh

I'm glad Lois realized something was wrong with him and that he wasn't responsible for his actions. I hope she can figure it out now that she knows the truth. hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
peep Hello all! I'm back! And I don't see any angry mobs or anything <whew>

Heh... let's see what I can do to answer some fdk and maybe some questions...

Hasini!!! Welcome! So glad to have you! I'm gald you're enjoying it. <g> It will probably be a few days before the next installment is out <maybe the weekend> I just barely got part 7 written. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Alcyone! I'm so glad you liked it. I was hoping you would. And yes, the aftermath is going to be a toughie - a different kind of angst. LOL - yes, you knew it was Clark along, you clever girl. <g> Thanks for the fdk and I'll look forward to the "more". <bg>

Hi gr8shades! LOL - I was dying laughing at your first line and then the "NOT". Hee hee hee.
OMG! OMG! DJ, make him stop!
You know... if Lois just hadn't been fighting him so darn hard... he just might not have stopped. wink And yes, sorry to disappoint you but I've sort of retired from nfic. So that's also why he stopped <snort> But I've been trying to talk Sue into writing an alternate scene. LOL. Not that she doesn't have plenty of other stuff to write...

<GLARES AT SUE - Where's part 3??? And why aren't you giving these smut lovers a taste of that delicious new nfic you've been working on? Hmmmm? Bad girl!>

Anyway... back to fdk... thanks for the fdk, gr8shades, I'm so glad I could sake you out of your apathy and get you to post - SQUEEEEEE! That's always exciting! Thank you!

Hi Pam! It was a little difficult to write. I had to be in the right mood... but when the right mood finally hit - LOOK OUT!!! I think Babbles might have been drinking that night - LOL. Chance to breath? You actually think you'll get a chance to breathe before this fic is done? LOL... well, okay, maybe a little bit of one. But I would imagine that won't be for a few more days. Sorry. Thanks for the fdk, Pam!

Hi Ann! I was a little worried about you. Didn't know what you'd think about that warning or make of the story. Oooooh, but thanks for all this fdk and the pics too. LOL.

Heh, glad you liked the brownie line. <g> And I'm so tickled that you picked out the parts where I tried to get a little poetic. I was totally gushing giddily when I read your fdk.

Oh, but the "red glow" part - that bit of writing and inspiration came directly from Laura S's wallpaper. Have you seen it? If you haven't - drop everything and go look at it. It is so drool worthy!!! And was part of the inspiration for this fic. Here's the link: Dark Clark Wallpaper Do it! Go look now! *ahem* Excuse me, I don't know what got into me. LOL.

Hee hee - so glad you loved the revelation. I was going for shock value - hope I achieved it.

On some level I have trouble believing this - I mean, I have a hard time believing that Superman could be mind-controlled so completely.
Hmmm, you know, I would tend to agree with you if the mind control was what you described further in your notes. However, I haven't said if this is mind control, hypnosis, red Kryptonite - or something else entirely. And then there's the fact that the limo is always at the scene... <Babbles smacks DJ> Ooops, maybe I'm revealing too much... *ahem*

I'm so glad you enjoyed this Ann - I was worried. Yes, Lois has a lot of facts now. What will she do with them? Will she go to Clark? Will she be mad? Will she take pity on him? Will she turn him in to the police? Stay tuned...

<g> Thanks for the fdk, Ann!

Hi Symbolic!!! Intensely amazing! Squeee - I like those adjectives. <bg> Thanks. Ooooh, a genre of dark Superman fics... mmmm, maybe so. I know a few people who wouldn't mind. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Andreia!!! I'm sorry to hear about your computer, but thanks for sneaking on to leave me a little fdk! And I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Heh - I was going for hot and shock value, so I'm glad it worked. Yes, Clark wasn't himself and was very brazen... but you know, it's only in bizarre circumstances like this, that we get to see him that way <waffy sigh>

I'm missed on the nfic side? Nah... you guys have a bunch of great authors over there... the veterans and some new people I've heard. I'll just continue to convince myself that I'm not needed over there. <g>

But now the poor guy is going to drown in shame around Lois. [Peep]
Heh - you have no idea...

She can't be that obtuse, can she? [Wallbash]
Let's hope not. <g> Thanks for the fdk, Andreia!

Thank you all so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed this part!!! Squeeee!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Wow! This was so full of emotions it was hard to keep still as I read it.

Lois rolled her eyes. &#8220;No, first of all, *I* already know the limo was there. I saw it myself. Secondly, *you* don't know that it was "Lex's' limo. And thirdly, I'm not so sure *that* was Superman.&#8221;

&#8220;You're not sure of much, are you?&#8221; Bobby grinned at his assessment and Lois scowled at him.
I love Bobby's comment and Lois' scowl in reply is just so Lois!

Lois glanced around the newsroom &#8211; still no Clark. She had hurt him, she knew she had. And if she was truthful with herself, she felt guilty about it.

But honestly, did that really give him the right to go off and sulk about it?
This, too, seems so very much in character with Lois of the 1st season. She's not exactly an understanding sort of girl.

&#8220;Oh. Here, let me get a light.&#8221; She turned towards the lamp beside her to click it on, but she was prevented when a large hand came from behind and caught hers.
I'm probably a little slow on the uptake, but while all along I've suspected that Clark is being mind controlled by Lex and red krytonite, I could not figure out why he didn't want the light on. But, I have to admit, it lent a very cool visual to the rest of this chapter.

&#8220;Let me go,&#8221; she said, trying to slip her hand free from his. This wasn't Superman. It couldn't be. He had never come to her like this before, dressed like this, with that look in his eyes &#8211; it sent a shiver down her spine...
Well, that's two of us then. I'm feeling a bit creeped out, too, Lois.

Lois was panicking. No. No, this couldn't be happening. &#8220;Clark,&#8221; she heard herself whimper.
I love that she calls for Clark here. I would think in this situation, it's hard to think rationally, and so I wouldn't be too surprised if she called for Superman at first as he's her hero - the person she calls for when she's in danger. But there's something in her that decides Clark is the one who can save her from this. Even though, if she is thinking rationally enough to realize calling for Superman isn't going to help, she should also realize that if Clark is a regular man, there's little he can do either. But she's upset and when she's upset, she calls Clark.

&#8220;Clark?&#8221; he asked, sounding amused. &#8220;You think Clark's going to save you? Clark's not coming.&#8221;

&#8220;What?&#8221; she whispered in shock. Why would he say that? &#8220;Have you done something to him?&#8221; Dread filled her heart. This was the clone &#8211; and he had done something to Clark. Horrific images began to flash though her mind.
This, too, is fantastic! He's just told her that no one is coming to save her and she's focused instead on Clark's safety.

&#8220;I am Clark.&#8221;
jawdrop What! What is he thinking? Oh, right. I forgot - he isn't.

Then there was another voice in his head. A familiar voice, though he couldn't place it. But it wasn't speaking to him; it was more like a memory &#8211; instructions repeating.

//&#8221;...force her. You must show her that you are not to be denied. Her subjection must be complete. Even if you have to force her. You must show her that you are not to be denied. Her subjection must be complete. Even if...&#8221;//
Is Lex just that good a figuring out that Lois would say no or can he hear her asking Clark to stop? 'Cause if he can hear her, he's heard Clark tell Lois Superman is Clark!

Laying her cheek against his shoulder, she whispered softly in his ear. &#8220;I know you don't mean this. You would never do this.&#8221;
I can't tell you what I like better - the fact that this is what gets through to Clark (just so sweet) or the fact that somehow Lois knows Clark would never do this to her.

This is really so great, I can't believe we need to wait for the weekend for an update. (Not that I should talk, but still...)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hello all! I'm back! And I don't see any angry mobs or anything <whew>
Angry????? Are you kidding...this is awesome!!!

Next chapter , quick!!

doublel

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hi Ann! I was a little worried about you. Didn't know what you'd think about that warning or make of the story.
I've sort of retired from nfic.
Well, DJ, because I know you have retired from nfic, I also knew that Clark wouldn't actually rape Lois. It wouldn't happen, because you wouldn't allow it. Because you stay away not just from describing sex scenes, but also from including unacceptable sex in your stories, even if that sex is not described but only implied. So I knew that your Clark wouldn't cross the sort of lines that would be unacceptable to me. Since you warned me anyway, I would have had no reason to complain (not that I might not have done that anyway, I know, I know frown ), but honestly, this time I knew that I had absolutely no reason to stay away from this fic.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay this definitely ranks up there as one of the creepier yet awesome pieces of writing.

And I've totally been hit with a two by four. I wasn't expecting the revelation AT ALL. (So that was amazing.)

We now pause our speculation for something hot:

He... he wasn’t wearing his Suit! Or cape! He was dressed in... regular clothes. He had on a dark-colored men’s suit with a white dress shirt. There was no tie. The shirt was completely unbuttoned, exposing the simple cotton t-shirt he was wearing underneath. The white sleeves of the shirt were exposed where they rolled back over the coat sleeves and his shirt was untucked.
Way sexy. Primary colors are so last year.

Anyway, thank God the limo showed up at the end. The fact that I didn't know it was there, coupled with Clark's angry behavior made me want to rewrite every wild theory I've come up with thus far LOL.

But it brings me to my question of the night:

...how did Lex know that Superman would be visiting Lois? It's one thing to show up at a disaster or a robbery...

But I just haven't had enough sleep to formulate a response. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello again!

Hi anonpip! Thanks! Glad it made it hard to sit still. <g>

I could not figure out why he didn't want the light on. But, I have to admit, it lent a very cool visual to the rest of this chapter.
Thanks. <shrug> Maybe Dark!Clark just likes the light off so he can be dark??? :p He was being mysterious... and the lust part had been specifically inspired by Laura S's wallpaper and to write and describe the picture the way I wanted to, it had to be dark. And it was just 'yummy' somehow. <g>

But she's upset and when she's upset, she calls Clark.
EXACTLY! Even in the show (particularly in Witness) we see her unconsciously call for Clark. When she's making the salad in Witness and hears the noise outside... what does she do? Does she yell for Superman? No! She picks up the phone and dials Clark's number and then while she waits she says "Come on, Clark, pick up." laugh

Is Lex just that good a figuring out that Lois would say no or can he hear her asking Clark to stop? 'Cause if he can hear her, he's heard Clark tell Lois Superman is Clark!
Oooooh, that would be creepy, huh? I usually don't reveal things in fdk - but, no, Lex does not know Clark Kent = Superman. *How* did he know that Superman would be at Lois's apartment? Hmmmm... we'll see. <g>

Thanks for the fdk anonpip!

Hi doublel! <blush> Thanks! Glad you liked it. And thanks for the fdk!

Hi again Ann! laugh <sigh> Have I become *that* predictable? dizzy Oh dear... But I'm at least glad that meant that you could trust me enough to read. Thanks Ann.

Hi Jen! LOL - creepier yet awesome. Heh - I like it. <g> Oooooh, so glad I caught you off guard with the revelation! Eeee hee hee. Yes, how *did* Lex know that Superman would be there?

Thanks so much for the fdk Jen!

Thanks again everyone! Yeah, I sent the very rough part 7 off to my betas to play with and see what questions arose from them. They both sent it back to me and now I get to tweak it and play with it some more. Sorry, but I still think it will be the weekend. Thanks!

-- DJ

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
What a yucky chapter! Sorry for all those who found it intensely thrilling, but I saw it as pretty yucky. Not yucky enough to quit reading, mind you, but yucky enough to call it yucky just the same.

In your previous chapters I always assumed that the red Kryptonite was causing Clark to do randomly immoral things. It never occured to me that Superman had essentially become the puppet of Lex.

Isn't it gross that Lex would want someone to rape his fiancee? I know he wants Lois broken; I know he wants Superman out of the picture, but this is beyond the pale. What a sicko, psycho...

In the aftermath I can imagine that Clark will be more than just a bit shaken. He doesn't know where he can go where he will be safe--where those he love will be safe from him.

Likewise, things progressed in such a way that I doubt Lois will be able to simply shrug it off. A near-rape is almost as violating as a rape. Her best friend and the one she has been pursuing have both been brought to the level of untrustworthy, criminal scum. And her fiancee--actually I can't remember if he proposed in your story, yet, DJ--is part of the whole confusing mess.

When you decide to torment characters, DJ, you don't go halfway!

Please, don't leave us with a broken mess of broken people and broken relationships thrown together in the Fibber McGee's closet of life. You've got to come back and fix all of this--although I'm not sure all of it can be fixed. Perhaps it would be best if said heal all of this.

Elisabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, but the "red glow" part - that bit of writing and inspiration came directly from Laura S's wallpaper. Have you seen it? If you haven't - drop everything and go look at it. It is so drool worthy!!!
Okay, I just checked it out. And it was... eye-catching, to say the least! This Clark was... sexy, all right. There is a downright animal magnetism about him, as if he could tame you and snare you with his eyes. It's... hypnotic! But he's depraved-looking too, like he was a hunter, looking for his prey.

I found it interesting that he was dressed more or less in the same way in Laura's wallpaper as he was in the near-rape scene in your fic.

Anyway, DJ, you know I love it when Clark and Lois really get together. (You know what I mean. blush drool ) But I want Clark to look more like a nice guy and less like a predator when he does that to her. (Of course I want him to be a bit like a predator... oh dear... it's getting harder and harder to extricate myself from this, isn't it? <little voice whispers in Ann's ear: harder... harder... blush >

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wow.

And wow again.

Very intense. Very edge-of-the-seat all the way. Until I arrived at the end of the scene, I wasn't sure if Clark would be able to stop himself. And I'm glad he did.

Maybe Lex (or Nigel or Asabi or Mrs. Cox) is boosting some kind of Kryptonian hormone by remote control. Or, maybe Clark is hearing an ultra-sonic frequency with the instructions encoded in it. Still don't know what's making him susceptible to the instructions, though. But I bet that'll be a doozie of revelation too!

Not sure I like Dark!Clark as much as some of the other posters, but he sure fits into this story perfectly. It wouldn't be the same without him.

Ooh, maybe the next time Clark's "under the influence," Lois will tell him that Luthor is controlling him by remote control from the limo and Clark will get mad at him and make a very small cube of metal out of one of Detroit's finest. With Luthor still inside.

Hey, if y'all can dream, so can I.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow...DJ. Amazing. I apologise for this being my first time leaving FDK for this story of yours - this wonderful story of yours. I have been remiss; not just with your story, but with everyone's. Busy life doesn't even leave me much time to read, but this I'm trying to keep up with (though I see I'm a little late...).

Can I just say how much I'm adoring this story? It's so different...so intriguing. I love the mystery that you gave us initially (some of which is still left - for Lois anyway) and also the emotions displayed within your amazing words. Ahh, DJ. I always love your writing, but the power of this story particularly, has me captivated! smile

Now, specific feedback on Part 6:

Suddenly it seemed like he was standing much too close.
I like this - it shows that Lois senses something is wrong before he even speaks to her much (or...does stuff other than speaking!).

He relinquished her mouth long enough to growl, “I won’t be denied.” And then his actions became suddenly voracious, no longer tempered with tenderness or love but, instead, demanding and greedy.
razz I hate what Lex has done to Clark! I'm wondering if Lex did the conditioning - the hypnotising - himself, or whether someone like Nigel did it...? Do we ever find out?

Anyway, apologies again for not leaving FDK up till now, but just know that it was your story that made me sit down and take the time to do so! laugh

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard