Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
I love it! Delightful.

“You were?” He peered at her. “Of course you were.” Klein’s expression turned thoughtful. “Maybe that’s it… That has to be it… of course, Ultrawoman and Superman… of course…”
So being powered up changed the one little thing in the DNA. Perfect!

I love it.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pickles and ice cream? lol

Great story -- very funny in spots but sweet, too.

PJ
who really should be working...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey Dandello. I thought that the story was cute. I always like stories where Lois gets pregnant. Though I have to say, for a moment there I thought that there was going to be some weird Kryptonian difference and that as well as Lois having a baby, Clark was going to have one too! You were making me think of the movie Junior (you know, when Arnold Schwarzenegger gets pregnant?). Hmm...now that might make a scary, but interesting story premise... wink

All in all, loved the story. Adorable. laugh

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like Patrick, I totally love it, too!

My first reaction when I saw the title was that I wouldn't read the story. I just find it soo depressing when Lois and Clark can't have children. I want them to have their own little kiddies, little dark-haired children who can fly! laugh

And boy, was this delightful! It was absolutely full of marvellous little details. Like this:

“I'm more annoyed that social services councilor from the adoption agency gave you a whopping 97 points out of a hundred and me a whole 19 and five of that was for being a U.S. citizen,” Lois stated. “I'm not a "thrill addict'.”
Oh my God, I laughed so hard at that! Poor Lois!!!

“You know it's discrimination,” she stated. “No one with risky jobs should have kids? So I guess cops and test pilots and trapeze artists can forget it, too? And does she think I'm gonna run around deliberately sticking my neck out if I adopt a child? How dumb does she think I am?” Lois had started pacing, waving her arms in emphasis.
I absolutely agree!

He grinned at her. “This is why I love you.”

She stopped and looked over at him. “Because I'm crabby?”

“Because you never give up,” Clark told her. “You didn't give up on me coming home. You didn't give up on Superman. And you won't give up on this.”
Oh, so adorable! How I love Clark when he is such a wonderful husband! clap clap clap

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Well, now that Ann has checked in with her brief feedback (for which she has absolutely no time to post), I'd like to echo everything she said (especially about the conceivable disasters and inconceivable means! rotflol ) and add my two cents worth.

Loved it! Funny all the way through even when the doctor asked Lois if she'd had any other sexual partners. As if Lois Lane-Kent would ever cheat on her husband!

Okay, when's the next excellent piece? You have to feed us now that you've teased us so unmercifully.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
I do have to admit - many of the best lines are from 'Family Hour' (by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming) since this was, functionally, a rewrite of that episode. angel-devil It's also part of the Planes Series.

And I'm getting better at waffy.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Absolutely charming - loved it! smile1

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Dandello:
And I'm getting better at waffy.
Well, I don't know if there ever was a time when your were not good with writing something waffy , but this story is just wonderful clap

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Brilliant!

I am so sleep deprived right now that I totally forgot about Ultrawoman...

LOL!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Great story, Dandello!

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard