Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Framework4 fdk: Incompatible for Reproduction? - 09/18/07 10:31 PM
I love it! Delightful.

“You were?” He peered at her. “Of course you were.” Klein’s expression turned thoughtful. “Maybe that’s it… That has to be it… of course, Ultrawoman and Superman… of course…”
So being powered up changed the one little thing in the DNA. Perfect!

I love it.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: fdk: Incompatible for Reproduction? - 09/19/07 09:01 AM
Pickles and ice cream? lol

Great story -- very funny in spots but sweet, too.

PJ
who really should be working...
Hey Dandello. I thought that the story was cute. I always like stories where Lois gets pregnant. Though I have to say, for a moment there I thought that there was going to be some weird Kryptonian difference and that as well as Lois having a baby, Clark was going to have one too! You were making me think of the movie Junior (you know, when Arnold Schwarzenegger gets pregnant?). Hmm...now that might make a scary, but interesting story premise... wink

All in all, loved the story. Adorable. laugh

~Anna.
Posted By: TOC Re: fdk: Incompatible for Reproduction? - 09/19/07 04:58 PM
Like Patrick, I totally love it, too!

My first reaction when I saw the title was that I wouldn't read the story. I just find it soo depressing when Lois and Clark can't have children. I want them to have their own little kiddies, little dark-haired children who can fly! laugh

And boy, was this delightful! It was absolutely full of marvellous little details. Like this:

“I'm more annoyed that social services councilor from the adoption agency gave you a whopping 97 points out of a hundred and me a whole 19 and five of that was for being a U.S. citizen,” Lois stated. “I'm not a "thrill addict'.”
Oh my God, I laughed so hard at that! Poor Lois!!!

“You know it's discrimination,” she stated. “No one with risky jobs should have kids? So I guess cops and test pilots and trapeze artists can forget it, too? And does she think I'm gonna run around deliberately sticking my neck out if I adopt a child? How dumb does she think I am?” Lois had started pacing, waving her arms in emphasis.
I absolutely agree!

He grinned at her. “This is why I love you.”

She stopped and looked over at him. “Because I'm crabby?”

“Because you never give up,” Clark told her. “You didn't give up on me coming home. You didn't give up on Superman. And you won't give up on this.”
Oh, so adorable! How I love Clark when he is such a wonderful husband! clap clap clap

Ann
Well, now that Ann has checked in with her brief feedback (for which she has absolutely no time to post), I'd like to echo everything she said (especially about the conceivable disasters and inconceivable means! rotflol ) and add my two cents worth.

Loved it! Funny all the way through even when the doctor asked Lois if she'd had any other sexual partners. As if Lois Lane-Kent would ever cheat on her husband!

Okay, when's the next excellent piece? You have to feed us now that you've teased us so unmercifully.
Posted By: Dandello Re: fdk: Incompatible for Reproduction? - 09/19/07 07:07 PM
I do have to admit - many of the best lines are from 'Family Hour' (by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming) since this was, functionally, a rewrite of that episode. angel-devil It's also part of the Planes Series.

And I'm getting better at waffy.
Posted By: anagram Re: fdk: Incompatible for Reproduction? - 09/19/07 09:30 PM
Absolutely charming - loved it! smile1
Originally posted by Dandello:
And I'm getting better at waffy.
Well, I don't know if there ever was a time when your were not good with writing something waffy , but this story is just wonderful clap
Brilliant!

I am so sleep deprived right now that I totally forgot about Ultrawoman...

LOL!

James
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: fdk: Incompatible for Reproduction? - 10/04/07 04:54 PM
Great story, Dandello!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards