Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
HOPE?!? HOPE!!!

Let me tell you a thing about hope... How long have I been pestering you to finish that other fic that I've read like 6 parts of and then you left me hanging? Hmmm?

<sniffle>

So I HOPE you don't leave me hanging for much longer. Don't make me smack you [Linked Image] you have lots of talent! <g>

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
There's one more thing I have to say about this fic:

“I can’t tell you, though god knows I’ve tried,” he said with a bereft sigh. “I just can’t make the words come out.”

He looked down at me pleadingly, plainly begging me to understand. Understand what? That he didn’t trust me? That his love for me wasn’t enough to overcome whatever his issue was?

“But I can show you.”

My heart skipped a beat. Was this it? Was right now, when he's wearing decade-old sweatpants and we’re standing in front of a stranger’s house, the moment when everything would change?

I hadn’t even finished processing the thought before Clark wrapped his arms around my waist and we were airborne.
First they were hiding from each other, both of them. But now there is a revelation, and it's so perfect. No pompous "Lois, I'm Superman" declaration (certainly not right away anyway - and when it comes, it's not pompous). And no dramatic ripping open of his shirt, popping a few buttons in the process, to reveal a red and yellow 'S' shield on blue spandex. Just Clark Kent, in decade-old sweat pants, wrapping his arms around his loved one and flying her to the moon. Or part of the way to the moon, anyway.

Because that's who he really is. Very much so in this fic, when he has stopped hiding from her. When he isn't replacing one mask with another, but when he lets her see who he really is.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
I just cannot count the ways I love this!! (I'm going to try, mind you, but I know I'm not going to get it right.)

First, the atmosphere is wonderful. I'll just echo everyone else. So beautifully drawn I felt as if I was *there*. I admire that so much. I love when a writer makes me completely forget that I'm reading.

And then there were just so many, many gems begging to be quoted. I could have picked lots more, but I went with:

We stared at each other for ten, twenty, thirty seconds as conflicting emotions cascaded over me like a waterfall, a jumbled mess of relief, anger, hope, fear and a desire to knock him over and beat him with the baseball bat I kept by the door.
and

Say no. Say yes.
and

Turning my head, I looked down the street at the pools of light falling onto the pavement from the streetlights above, counting twelve yellow circles before I heard the door open behind me.
annnnnnd

“I’m sorry that I was afraid.”
Perfect, perfect, perfect.

Thank you for such a lovely, smart, warm, funny read.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Extra hugs to Sue, Lara and DJ for bolstering my ego! smile (Your chocolate cake is in the mail, ladies.)

Ann, I'm beyond flattered that this story stuck with you long enough that you came back to make more comments. Your FDK always brings new thoughts to light for me, even - and perhaps especially - in my own stories. Thank you!

CC, thank you for your comments! I'm especially grateful for this:

So beautifully drawn I felt as if I was *there*.
As I mentioned to DJ, the environment around the characters is something I struggle with, so that fact that it worked for you here pleases me very much.

And now, without further ado, I'm going to go hide from DJ! peep

smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Aww, Lisa, this was wonderful! I really enjoyed it! Thanks!!

Jo

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I also loved how there "date" was really a spontaneous walk. James will whole-heartedly confess that we fell in love taking late-night strolls together around this neighborhood and that.

Elisabeth

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard