Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#45035 08/01/07 11:15 AM
C
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
C
Omigosh, I adored this! Read the whole thing with a great big smile on my face. What a sweet, clever revelation! Thanks so much for a delightful read smile

Caroline

#45036 08/01/07 11:29 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I second the above motion. This was great! I was laughing all the way through it. hyper

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#45037 08/01/07 11:45 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whoa! Really, really cute! What a smart Magic 8-ball!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#45038 08/01/07 01:29 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
That was really cute! I loved it!

#45039 08/01/07 03:09 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was a "magic"al story. HAR HAR *ducks rotten fruit*

No really, I enjoyed it a lot and I loved the use of the magic 8 ball in the story. Very well done. I do hope we some more stories from you like this very soon. ^_^ I love a good entertaining story that makes me smile really big at the end. ^_^

Thanks for sharing.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#45040 08/01/07 04:57 PM
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Well, that was nothing if not different. I never would have thought of using a magic 8-ball! It is a most ingenious device, and the drama surrounding it was most entertaining. I laughed at Lois's train of thought when she asked the ball if Clark trusted her. And her reactions when she asked if Superman wore glasses in his disguise was priceless!

I can just see her looking towards Clark and either shielding her mouth or barely moving her lips to keep him from reading them as she asks, "Are you Superman?"

Very good story. Send more. Us FOLCs love this kind of sloppy, sentimental stuff. It's an excellent tonic at the end of a frustrating day.

In fact, you should write the conversation they're about to have, using the magic 8-ball. It should be most entertaining.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#45041 08/01/07 05:31 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a cute revelation story. It was different and I loved it!

Thanks for such a wonderful little short.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#45042 08/01/07 06:01 PM
Columnist
Columnist
That was the most hilarious and orginal revelation story I've ever read! I was litterly sqealing in laughter! That was just so clever!

I have one question for you though...Where can I find a magic 8 Ball that works like that? laugh

notworthy Well done!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#45043 08/01/07 07:08 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
JDG, that's wonderful! Is this your first fic? Have I missed something?

Your story is beautifully written, where the language flows perfectly.

I had never heard of the magic 8-ball. I googled it, and I quickly found myself at a page sponsored by The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe - well, that's pretty much me, you know! laugh Ah, but if I can accept that a man can fly, at least in the LnC universe, then surely I must accept that this little oracle-contraption knows all the answers that you can ask it - at least if Lois and Clark ask the questions? laugh

I loved how you wrote Lois, how she was dismissive of the 8-ball at first, but how you got her more and more fascinated as the ball started answering her questions about Superman. You wrote her questions so that we, who know the answers, could enjoy the 8-ball's answers even more. And we could easily follow Lois's follow-up questions and groan and giggle to ourselves, 'Oh Lois, if you only knew....' laugh

Does Clark trust me?

<Cannot predict now>

That answer stung. Was that why he hadn't told her? Come to think of it, she had no idea how Clark had become such good friends with Superman. She was the one who had seen him first! And yet, at some point in those first few days after Superman arrived on the scene, Clark was the one who started getting all the really good Superman stories. Why? Was it because they were both new to Metropolis? Clark had been a fish out of water, but surely Superman hadn't felt that way.
<giggle> <groan>

Was Superman new to Metropolis? she thought - hoping the ball could sense exactly when she meant. It was specific enough in her mind, after all.

<It is certain>

So why pick Clark as his friend? Why not her? Why not someone who already knew the city?

Does Superman like Clark more than me?

<Very doubtful>

But why Clark? Lois glared at him as he typed away. Why him? Sure, Clark was nice in a bland sort of way but Superman was a man of action and Clark was... Clark.
Superman was a man of action and Clark was... Clark. Oh, so Lois! You nailed her perfectly!

As Lois gets closer and closer to the truth about Clark and Superman, we can feel her excitement growing. And I, for one, felt it too! I could feel my heart beating faster, and I was trying to read faster, too!

When Lois finally asked the 8-ball about Superman's disguise when he walked the earth as a normal man and she was told that he wore glasses, we knew that she had to find out the truth. Particularly when she started doodling glasses on a newspaper picture of Superman. Let's just hope she didn't leave that newspaper lying around - hey, where is the paper shredder?

[Linked Image]

This is an absolutely delightful story! Please let us hear more from you.

Ann

#45044 08/01/07 08:30 PM
Kerth
Kerth
So cute! smile1 This was a great little revelation story. Of course, now you need to write more to keep us FOLCs happy and the feedback rolling in! Suggestion: Lois and Clark after their first date hanging out at Clark's house - Clark pulls out a Ouiji board. Romantic questions lead to WAFFY fun!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#45045 08/01/07 09:47 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
smile1 what a cute story. I enjoyed it very much and had to laugh a lot at the end. Nice idea. Where can I get such a magic 8-ball laugh ?

#45046 08/02/07 12:16 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Simply adorable! What a great premise for a story! The ending was absolutely perfect.

#45047 08/02/07 12:24 AM
Columnist
Columnist
laugh

Adorable!

Your characterization is so perfect. The first conversations between Jimmy and Lois and Clark and Lois could have been taken straight from the series! And the Magic 8-Ball idea was ingenious. Write more soon!

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#45048 08/02/07 01:03 AM
Blogger
Blogger
JDG, that's wonderful! Is this your first fic? Have I missed something?
Yes, TOC, you have. This is JDG's 4th story to post on the msg brds. I think. She did the Scream stories - Scream and Scream 2 a little while back. And she started one that I believe she posted over on the nfic side that looked promising... has that one been abandoned?

I would have harassed you about it but what can I say, I'm just a lazy lurker...

But I enjoyed those and I enjoyed this one as well - though it was quite a different style from Scream. Magic 8 Ball didn't sound like an ominous title and it wasn't. This one had me laughing the whole way - light and fluffy, that's always nice. No one's fingers being threatened...

Okay, so when's the next one?

Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
#45049 08/02/07 01:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OMG! I loved it! It had me giggling and acting all fangirl-ish this morning. hehe!

Nothing I like better than a sweet and fun fic with breakfast in the morning. And this one was *perfect* on all counts!

Thank you!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#45050 08/02/07 01:40 AM
J
JDG Offline
Blogger
Blogger
J
Thank you! I'm glad everyone has enjoyed the story so much. blush

Nicky, I didn't think anyone would remember me - thanks!

Perry: Jimmy, do you know what a man needs at a time like this?
Jimmy: A baseball bat and an alibi?
Church of Metropolis
#45051 08/02/07 03:28 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this. It made me smile. laugh

Do another one. jump

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#45052 08/02/07 08:20 AM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Cute, Cute story. I really enjoyed it! Hope to see more from you soon!! smile

Jo

#45053 08/03/07 10:18 AM
Kerth
Kerth
After the first few lines, I hardly ever stopped laughing. (Okay, I did stop - but only in order to be able to read on.) What a funny ride! Thanks for sharing.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#45054 08/05/07 09:39 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
oh, that story is absolutely hilarious [Linked Image] . I'm not sure why I haven't found it sooner, but I'm just glad I've found it at all. It really made me giggle all the time laugh

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard