Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
[Linked Image]

Yikes!!! [Linked Image] Poor baby!! That has to be the ultimate torture for Clark - passing a kryptonite kidney stone on his wedding night!!!!!

[Linked Image] So we're supposed to hang around and wait til Sunday.....

If you don't have any takers, I'd like to give the nficcy honeymoon scene a go - with your approval, of course!!!!

Can't wait for the last part! This has been a wonderfully written story!!!!

Columnist
Columnist
Wow! You've managed to shock us again.

I loved the wedding. It was perfect! No clones, no crazy wedding destroyers, and H.G. Wells didn't interupt them on their wedding night! Just perfect! wink

But then you had to go and slam us with some more angst!

notworthy Me bows down to the queen. Great job!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, DJ, I was in such a hurry last time, so I need to change one of the stanzas, like this:

A damsel with a dulcimer
in a vision once I saw
It was our DJ, lovely maid
And on her dulcimer she played
and sang a song so heavenly
of Clark Kent and Lois Lane.

Okay, the rest should be the way it was before!

Ann

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Wow... my first thought, DJ, is EVIL, EVIL, EVIL! smile How can you do this to us.... And I'm without internet until Monday! Need next part now!!!! smile

But the bad poetry!! That's a hoot!

Jo

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh wow! More fdk! Eeeeeeeee!

Hi Jackie! I left you speechless? Oh goodie. <g> And I'll take that absolutely cruel as a compliment. wink Thanks Jackie!

Hi Missy! LOL at the picture - too funny. Wow - one person mentions that they think it might be kidney stones (okay, more than one) and then someone mentions the K... and now people are just running with it. goofy Maybe it was just bad cake from the wedding shower??? LOL!

Yes, you are gonna have to hang around until I get my beta back... whether that's Sunday, who knows. <g> But by Sunday, I promise, one way or the other. <g>

If you don't have any takers, I'd like to give the nficcy honeymoon scene a go - with your approval, of course!!!!
Missy! I’m so flattered! I was actually just teasing when I said that. I never expected anyone to take me up on it. LOL. Um, to be honest, I REALLY don’t do nfic anymore – writing or reading it. One of my betas had actually teased me several times about me “fading to black” and not writing the nfic scenes and I told her that she could write them but she said she declined since I wouldn’t be reading them. <blush>

But I certainly won’t hold you back from writing it if you want to.

And thanks so much for your fdk – I’m tickled that you think it’s been wonderfully written. Thanks.

Hi Symbolic! Oh good, one last shock before the final post. That's always good. <g> Thanks - glad you loved the wedding. IMHO, it's how their real wedding should have been - friends and family with Perry marrying them. And I think it would have been cool to have had it at the Planet. <g>

The queen? No... no no no... I'm merely an apprentice! I don't want the pressure of being the queen. goofy LOL! But thank you so much!

LOL Ann! Yes, that does make more sense. <still giggling at the poetry>

Hi Julie! How can I do this to you? Very easily... *cough*choke*sputter* I mean... I don't know! It was so hard. I felt miserable knowing how mean I was being... uh, yeah...

Ooooh, sorry about the internet! I might be able to post it a day early (no promises) it just depends... but not today, definitely not today. Sorry.

And I agree - the poetry was a hoot. <g>

Thank you all again so much! Babbles is just glutted on fdk. I'll have you know that she's so full she can't even get off the couch! <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Kerth
Kerth
Maybe it was just bad cake from the wedding shower???
I think everyone is overlooking the most obvious explanation.

Lois broke him. dizzy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

Lois broke him. dizzy
Of course she did. Hey... Kryptonite's got nothing on Lois, you know. She even said so herself.

laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Heh. I can just imagine Lois explaining to Dr. Klein what has happened to Superman/Clark. ("Well, you see, first I started to undress him... and then I sort of attacked him with my mouth... I mean at first I only attacked his lips and tongue with my mouth, but later on I attacked other parts of him...." laugh )

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Heh. I can just imagine Lois explaining to Dr. Klein what has happened to Superman/Clark. ("Well, you see, first I started to undress him... and then I sort of attacked him with my mouth... I mean at first I only attacked his lips and tongue with my mouth, but later on I attacked other parts of him....")
And then Dr. Klein fell off his chair, cracking his skull on the floor below...

Oh wait, I'm reading ahead. thumbsup

(Somewhere, DJ, I hope you're crying.) dance

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I am an ordained minister of the First Church of Blue Suede Deliverance,” he said, somewhat sheepishly.

Lois was floored. Blue Suede Deliverance? She grinned. She didn’t care if he was ordained by the church of the Three Stooges! Everything was going to be okay! They were going to get married after all!
YAY! More Perry-love. smile

Tuxedos always made men look good, but they made Clark look positively yummy every time he had worn one
"Yummy" is just the right word!

Having only been in her new lease agreement for less than two weeks, her landlady had graciously agreed to let her out of it with the news of her impending marriage. The movers would be coming back
Oh, God, those poor movers and that long-suffering landlady! DJ, you've made that little subplot so deliciously funny to me.

If he’d had just one wish, it would have been to see Lois one last time...
AHHH! DJ, you're going to be the death of me. And 22 isn't here yet! *whimpers* Please come back soon!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Only one more chapter left?? mecry

DJ I have really loved every bit of this story. ^_^ I can't wait to see the ending. smile

(I'm sorry I'm so terribly uninteresting in my reviews... I hope in the future I'm back to my old reviewing self. That just means you are going to have to write more though. Hahaha. *cough* *Sigh*)

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow - one person mentions that they think it might be kidney stones (okay, more than one) and then someone mentions the K... and now people are just running with it. Maybe it was just bad cake from the wedding shower??? LOL!
Well, I guess that's the way that fic lore gets started... We readers are just trying to get past the 'almost two funerals' for our honeymoon hero. But I still like Sue's explanation best - Lois broke him!!! laugh [insert nfic smilie here]

I'll see what I can do if there are any readers out there who want to read an interloper's scene. This might be good for my muse - she's been on vacation lately because of work, but I'll get it my best shot. Maybe I can get one of your betas to see if it passes snuff to be associated with your story. [Linked Image]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Imagine my surprise when I popped on here and saw what was happening!!!

Lois broke him. [Dizzy]
jawdrop

Sue!!! OMG!!! Do you know how hard I laughed at that? Seriously? Do you?

And then Lara went and added to the fun - yes, I guess Lois did set herself up for that one, didn't she? Little Ms. 'Kryptonite's got nothing on me' - LOL!!!

Oh, you guys.... <still snorting>

Oh no! Ann!!! LOLS! I could only imagine the look on Dr. Klein's face!

And then Dr. Klein fell off his chair, cracking his skull on the floor below...
Yep, I imagine that's what would happen, Sue, but his face would turn 8 shades of pink first. <g>

I just sent the last part back to DJ, so you aren't waiting on me anymore. Get out the pitchforks and hound her mercilessly. You might also want to get some tissues because you'll probably be as sad as I am that this story is over.
PITCHFORCKS!?! Don't be telling them to hound me mercilessly yet... after all... you gave me some great suggestions and a few things I need to tweak before I can post. <g>

(Somewhere, DJ, I hope you're crying.)
After that beta, yes, I was, I was CRYING. I was laughing so hysterically that I thought the neighbors might hear me. Seriously, I think I pulled an abdominal muscle I laughed so hard. OMG - too funny. Thank you so much!

Hi Lisa! You know, I just couldn't think of any other word to describe him but 'yummy' there. <g> Glad you liked it. And I'm tickled that you liked the parts with the movers and the landlady - I just really felt like if Lois had agreed to marry Luthor, she probably would have already closed her lease out and set up movers and what not... the show never showed us that - but it did seem to change the location of her apartment in her building from time to time. <g> And it always seemed to me like her apartment was just a one-bedroom... but in the pilot, it seemed a little bigger and Lucy was staying with her, so I would have thought she'd have had 2 bedrooms then. So it was just a fun little subplot to play with. <g> Glad you enjoyed it.

No... 22 isn't here yet... but I'm tweaking it right now - I have it back from both betas and I'm hoping maybe I can post it later... maybe even this morning. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Jojo! I'm so glad you've loved it. <g> I miss your reviews Jojo, I won't lie, but I'm also just happy that you popped in just to let me know that you're still reading and still loving it. Thank you!

We readers are just trying to get past the 'almost two funerals' for our honeymoon hero. But I still like Sue's explanation best - Lois broke him!!!
LOL Missy - yes, I agree, Sue's explanation was great. She mentioned that explanation to me several times in the last couple of betas <snort> along with some other colorful lines that I just might have to share with everyone at the end of part 22 - I laughed so hard... I really should share...

Anyway, thanks again everyone! You have no idea how sad I'll be to post the final part tomorrow. frown Hmmm.... maybe I should hold on to it awhile... I could give myself time to acclimate to the idea that it's over... and...

OUCH!

<glares at Babbles>

All right, all right. I'll post it just as soon as I get my tweaking done. Sheesh!

<g>

But seriously, thank you. It's been a blast.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Blogger
Blogger
If that was a Kryptonite kidney stone, and we for some reason need to make Clark suffer even more, maybe you should make it so that the only thing that will fix it (other than passing it out whole) is break it with a laser... Clark's laser vision, to be more precise! Too mean? Would it still work? I don't know, but that was my truly evil thought of the day.

Danny: I see you in a uniform, flying. Have you ever considered a career in the Air Force?
Clark: Um...I'll think about it.
- From Smallville, episode Crush
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I tried to only skim the feedback, since I've only read the first few paragraphs of this part, but I wanted to make sure that you hadn't already gotten 500 comments pointing this out.

From part 20:
She had driven her Jeep to Clark’s apartment, but it was such a nice night that they had opted to walk to the restaurant instead of driving.
From part 21:
Then the cab had dropped them off at her apartment where Clark could change into his Suit and then she could drive ‘Superman' to STAR Labs in her Jeep.
Hmmm... Is Lois following the cab in her Jeep? It seems like an awfully bad waste of cash, but if he's too wounded to move from the back seat, I can understand.

Sorry, but I made a mental note of where Lois' Jeep was because I was trying to convince myself that Lois had only consumed enough alcohol to feel the effects but not enough to impair her driving.

Now, I've interupted my reading for too long. I doubt I'll finish enough to comment further tonight, but I'll drop you a line when I'm done.

Elisabeth
who is disappointed she glanced enough in skimming feedback to know what's going to happen next. frown

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Elisabeth you are one sharp cookie!!!

I'm so glad that you found this mistake. That's what happens when you go back and change something that you've written and then don't remember how it affects something later in your story. Towards the end of the story, I did a lot of changing and editing back and forth on a few items. I tried to read, and re-read everything to make sure it gelled, but obviously I didn't catch everything...

<sigh>

No... no one else caught it - or at least "told" me that they caught it. You take the blue ribbon. I'm so glad you did find it, though, that means I can fix it before the story goes to the archive. I've already submitted it but I haven't heard from my GE yet, so there's still time for me to fix this. <wipes brow>

Thanks Elisabeth! I hope you enjoy the part despite the mistake.

-- DJ

Edited -- <sigh> I was making the situation more difficult than it needed to be, huh? That was because I added that line about her Jeep being at Clark's apartment AFTER I wrote the part about the cab taking her back to her apartment to get her Jeep -- I forgot I wrote that part.

Therefore, when they get to STAR Labs to see Dr. Klein, this is what you should have read:

-------------
When she had called Dr. Klein, he had told her to meet him at STAR Labs so he could examine Superman. She had called a cab to take them by Clark’s apartment where Clark could change into his Suit and then she could drive ‘Superman' to STAR Labs in her Jeep.
-------------

Anyway, you didn't need that long drawn out explanation :p but at least it's fixed, anyway. Thank you Elisabeth!

-- DJ

Oh, and P.S., Elisabeth, thank you for the fdk you've been leaving me along the way - I'm so glad that you and James have been enjoying the story. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard