Print Thread
#44960 07/31/07 07:01 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, Nina and welcome to the boards! Nice to see you trying your hand at fanfic.

I just wanted to explain that I made a slight edit to the header of your story post, just to avoid any confusion where someone might think it was a feedback thread and tack feedback on to the end of your post.

We like to keep stories and feedback separate here. smile Just in case you were wondering what the edit was and why my name had suddenly appeared at the bottom of your post. <g>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, well done on actually writing one of these things. I have one half typed, but I'm stalling cos once I've finished it I might feel compelled to post it and that is rather scary. eek

Title ideas:

They make me SO MAD! (It made me think of Lois and Dr Friskin dicussing her options when I started reading)

Cosmo girl

Psychobabble

Weights and Measures (getting a bit obscure now)

DUH! (in the tradition of Tempus)

And the winner is...

Somebody stop me before I hurt myself. Any good? goofy (that last one is not a suggestion - unless you want it)

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Top Banana
Top Banana
On my browser everything was scrunched together and virtually unreadable - please double space between paragraphs. Some of us have old eyes. blush

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have do admit that the story was a bit hard to read with everything being one large text, but what I've read was great smile I think if would have been in Lois' situation I would have kicked both of them out of the door, but well - that's another story wink

I hope you'll write more stories in the future thumbsup

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Good job, Nina! Always happy to see new victi...um authors here! smile

Post was hard to read without the double spacing between paragraphs, but it was good first story.

Jo

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice work, Nina, and of *course* you should submit it to the archive. It's a good story, and they'll help you with all the format stuff.

I liked the image of Lois turning her back on the bickering boys and just picking up a magazine instead. laugh Apparently, neither one of them noticed...

The idea that we pick partners who remind us of our parents is kinda scary, but it's at least partly true. Sometimes I scare myself with how much my husband resembles my step-dad (physically and personality-wise), 'cause I did not get along especially well with my step-dad! But that's a great hook to get Lois thinking about things from a new direction.

I especially liked the part about Lois not minding if she resembled Martha (which is fortunate, 'cause she does!). smile

Good ending, too. She's leaving Dan and running after Clark -- making her choice very very clear.

I haven't any suggestions for a title, but if something occurs later I'll let you know.

As I said, nice work! thumbsup Hope to see more from you.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you very much for your replies!!! smile1 I really appreciated them. I'll just go back and edit the story to be more readable. Sorry for that!!!
Oh,and I loved those titles. I hadn't thought of giving the story the name of a (fictional) magazine, but it's great!!! Thanks!! smile

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Done!!! But ignore the first three posts, please.

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Top Banana
Top Banana
party Great, Nina!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Very Friskin-like moment there for Lois, but I can imagine she was exhausted after awhile. My 3 kids tend to bicker their entire summer break and after awhile I just tend to pick up something to read until they're through.

My favorite part was when she saw herself in Martha and when she argued with herself that Clark wasn't like that.

Elisabeth

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Once more thank you very much for your great (and very kind)feedback!
I'd like to submit this story to the archive smile1 so today I'll start looking for editors and a title help
Please help!!!!

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
so today I'll start looking for editors and a title
Best to post a request separately in the Fanfic Related thread if you're looking for a beta reader, Nina. Your request will probably get missed in here. More people will read it in FR.

Or try the list of willing betas stickied at the top of the Fanfic Related forum. There may be someone there who'll suit what you want.

A beta will probably be able to toss around some title ideas with you, too.

Hope you find what you're looking for. The Archive - and it's GEs laugh - always appreciate an author getting their story up to the best possible standard they can before submitting it. We like to save them as much work as possible. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard