Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
DJ, what a wonderful way to start a week. A new part! YAY! [Linked Image] And finally they're back to Metropolis.

“I’m not going to sleep there, you are.”

She raised an eyebrow at him and then began shaking her head. “No. I’m not taking your bed from you again.”
Again the same problem. As I'd said it before, they could solve it by sharing the bed. [Linked Image]

“So it makes sense for you to just stay here tonight,” he finished explaining.
Of course, it makes perfect sense. drool

He pulled her into his chest and wrapped his arms around her. “Please stay,” he whispered next to her ear. “I don’t want you to leave.” Ever, he added mentally.

“All right,” she said, her voice shaky. “But I insist on taking the couch,” she said, trying to keep the mood light. She could feel the heat of his breath on her neck. Kiss me, she silently begged him. She turned her face until their lips were just inches apart. “No arguments,” she murmured close to his mouth.
I can feel the electricity through the monitor. [Linked Image]

She loved him for everything he had been. Her love encompassed both what he had been able to do as well as what he might never do again. She knew him in a way that no one did – not even his parents.
This paragraph is very deep and beautiful.

That knowledge fueled his passion for her and he dared to untuck her shirt and slide his hands across the bare shallow curve of her back. Her skin was lusciously soft and he realized that the more he touched her the more he wanted to touch her.
It's getting hot here. [Linked Image]

“Maybe we should...” He broke off when her hands began tugging on his shirt. She was going to kill him if she kept this up. “Maybe slow down...”
And you're going to kill me if you stop it now. razz

“Yes,” he whispered. “They’re my dreams and so you always say yes.”
LOL! razz

Lois followed him, watching him sadly.
Bwaaaaaaaaaa!!!! hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
yes she deserved that, i think. well that was really good, cant wait for the next that hopefully wont be too long , hmmm? sloppy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
*hmph* sometimes I just hate it that my english isn't well enought to comment a story properly. in german i could tell you a lot about my thoughts to your story but in english i'm confinded to: wow thumbsup hail

each time i'll read a part of your story i think that this is the best part so far, so i'm really wondering what comes next wink laugh . the way you describe everything i can see it in my mind as if it would be a real part of the show - just great smile

so hopefully it's thursday very soon so i can read the next part smile

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Columnist
Columnist
On our way to metropolis laugh !!

Clark looked like he did back when he was four and she had caught him trying to sneak a freshly baked cookie before dinner. She had made him admit the truth to her back then, and he certainly wasn’t going to hide from her now.
*LOL* I just love this comparison you made here wink

He reached up and stroked her hair softly. “I made the mistake of going too fast before, because I was afraid I was going to lose you.” He smiled softly at her. “I don’t want to make that mistake again.”
Really really sweet!!!

she *wanted* him to propose.
well, ... who doesn't wink

If you want me to try a dose on you, we can monitor it and see how it reacts with your biology. I must admit from the hair I’ve studied that your physiology and DNA structure are very similar to an Earth human’s.”
OH NO!! Well, I think Lois' secret is out!!
I just loved Klein's example with the apple!! That was just too funny ''red delicious'' goofy

But he just felt so alone, so *alienated* from everyone and divided from everything he knew and understood that he just needed time to think. Even if that meant time away from Lois.
This IS sad. But I'll be happy as long as they talk. Talk and not fight of course!

Okay, I actualy do have a question laugh You usually post once to twice a week, right? I was just wondering as I'm leaving for vacation this Sunday (no I'm not trying to brag goofy )and of course I don't want to miss to much. But for three weeks it comes close to 6 parts, grumble right? (hoping that I will still be home when you post part 15!) but at the bright side... by then I'll be able to read the parts one after the other!!

have I already said that I loved this part? because I did!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Top Banana
Top Banana
loved the bedroom/pre-proposal scene goofy thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
When I was leaving for class this morning I saw that part 14 had been posted but it was sweet torture because I would not have time to read it until I got home. I have a notebook but I didn't have time to read between classes! Anyway...

Clark held the door of his apartment open for Lois. She walked inside and he followed her, closing the door behind them. The air in his apartment smelled faintly of her and it made him smile to think of her staying here – eating at his table, sitting on his couch... sleeping in his bed. He swallowed slightly at that last thought and it warmed him from the inside.

“I should put some clean sheets on your bed,” she said, walking towards his bedroom.

“Why?”

His simple statement brought her to a halt and she turned to look at him. “Because, you don’t want to sleep on the sheets I’d been sleeping on.”

That idea was up for debate, he thought to himself. But that wasn’t what he had been implying. “I’m not going to sleep there, you are.”

She raised an eyebrow at him and then began shaking her head. “No. I’m not taking your bed from you again.”
Even without superpowers, Clark is still so aware of Lois. Oh, Lois, I'll bet he'd love to sleep on the same sheets that you've been sleeping on...WITH YOU!

Don't take his bed Lois...share it with him!

“Then where are you going to sleep? The couch?” he asked, moving closer to her.

Her stomach fluttered and all the strength seemed to leave her legs. “No. I’m going to get a hotel room.”

“No, you aren’t.” Clark’s voice was firm, not open to discussion.
Ooh...I love caveman Clark. I like his "serious" voice.

“Clark, I’m not sure that’s a good idea.” She tried to take a step away from him but her legs didn’t comply. Her body was crying out for him to touch her... hold her. “What if people got the wrong idea?”

Somehow Clark managed to move even closer to her, still without touching her. If either of them breathed too deeply, their bodies would meet. God, he wanted to hold her. What would she do if he did? Back in Kansas she certainly hadn’t seemed to mind, but that was before he had embarrassed her in the middle of the restaurant, proposing to her.

His heart finally won out and he threw caution to the wind, reaching out to place his hands on her hips.
Who cares what everyone else thinks. Then all conscious thought leaves Lois when Clark places his hands on her hips.

He pulled her into his chest and wrapped his arms around her. “Please stay,” he whispered next to her ear. “I don’t want you to leave.” Ever, he added mentally.
I wish Clark had told Lois his addendum. I know that he is still unsure, but...

Clark’s stomach dropped and hollowed out, a sudden warmth flowing through him. “Lois,” he murmured in return as she pressed her lips to his in a kiss. He responded, kissing her again, just a little longer, before fighting to regain control. “Maybe we should...” He broke off when her hands began tugging on his shirt. She was going to kill him if she kept this up. “Maybe slow down...”

Her hands abruptly stilled. Oh, god. She had gone too fast. He wasn’t ready for this. “I’m sorry,” she stammered, feeling abashed and hastily trying to pull away from him.

Clark wasn’t about to let her go. “I’m not,” he said earnestly. “I just want to take things slow, enjoy being with one another without any added pressure.” He reached up and stroked her hair softly. “I made the mistake of going too fast before, because I was afraid I was going to lose you.” He smiled softly at her. “I don’t want to make that mistake again.”
I think Clark realized that his halting his and Lois's make out session mad her feel somewhat vulnearable and therefore quickly amended the situation. I think that he was more afraid of losing control than Lois.
“Have you really fantasized about proposing to me?” she asked abruptly, not wanting him to suddenly take it back, even if it hadn’t been *real*. He had told her at the restaurant that he had dreamed of proposing, but maybe that had just been the booze talking.

Her question caught him off guard and he stood silently for a moment, considering how much to admit. She was looking at him intently and he remembered his promise not to hide from her. “Yes,” he whispered softly. “I have. But never like that. It’s always in some romantic setting, with soft music playing, and... there’s a ring.”
Clark was watching her anxiously and she smiled softly at him. “And what did I say? In your dreams?” she asked quietly, wondering what his answer would be.

Clark looked away from her, embarrassment creeping into his cheeks. “Yes,” he whispered. “They’re my dreams and so you always say yes.”

Lois took a shaky breath. “And what do you think I’d say for real?”

Clark began to sweat. Where was she going with this? He began to feel unnerved. What did she expect him to say? He needed to get things back on steady ground. “I don’t know,” he admitted and then smiled when a thought came to him. “You never gave me an answer from the other night,” he teased, flashing her a grin.

Lois’s emotions were stretched tight and when he said that, she couldn’t do anything but laugh. She laughed for a few seconds and Clark’s smile broadened. “Touche,” she finally replied.
I think that Lois and Clark are both testing the waters here; Lois is trying to see if Clark's proposal was meant to happen, but he just had bad timing, and that he would propose again one day and Clark wants to see what his chances are that Lois will say "yes" before he does it for real.
“Lois?”

She wanted to answer him but no words would come.

“I guess you’re asleep.” He sighed softly and walked over to the couch.

Every nerve ending in her body went on alert. What was he doing? She should open her eyes right now. She knew she should, but she didn’t. Instead she closed them tighter.

“Goodnight, Lois,” he murmured softly, and she could hear him bending over her. “I love you,” he whispered as he brushed a light kiss into her hair.

Her heart was crying out to tell him the same thing, but she just continued to lie there quietly and soon he moved on into the kitchen. She heard him fill a glass with water and she risked a glance at him.

“I love you too, Clark,” she whispered, realizing that without his super powers he wouldn’t hear her but not finding the courage to say it louder. She buried her head between the couch back and her pillow and tried desperately to quiet her mind.
Now, why do I think that Clark knew Lois was not asleep? It was sure easier to tell an assumed sleeping form "I love you" than an awake one.
“Not until you talk to me,” she argued. “And I really don’t think you should go parading around town in your Suit.”

“Oh really?” he snipped, glancing back at her. “Yes, I guess it wouldn’t do much for your hero’s reputation to be seen *walking* around town, would it?”

Lois felt like he had slapped her in the face. “Stop it! You know that’s not fair. I’m only thinking about you. Superman has been missing for the last couple of weeks. How would you explain your sudden reappearance? And you don’t have your powers... what if someone needed help and expected you to do something?”

He whirled on her unexpectedly. “Oh, that’s right. I’m helpless and useless without my powers. What would I do?” he replied caustically.

“You know that’s not what I meant,” she bit back. “I just don’t want to see you get hurt, that’s all.”

“Too late,” he replied, his eyes flashing. He looked away from her and his fight seemed to disappear. “Just leave me alone,” he said sadly.
Oh no...she hurt him again...betrayed him. She didn't mean it like that...lunkhead!
He sighed softly. “I know. But I just can’t... I’m sorry but I need some time alone right now. Just go home to my apartment and I’ll be there later.”
Clark considers his apartment as Lois's home. Maybe she wont leave. grovel

They are hurting so badly, both of them. They have hurt each other. Now they need to start healing...healing each other. Poor Lois was afraid that this fight meant that their relationship was over. Let Clark sulk and get over it and get back to Lois, please.

You cannot leave us in this place too long! Post!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ugh, there's nothing I can type. Just picture me with my head down on the desk. I knew this was going to happen. I dreaded reading the end of the part LOL. Not as much explosive anger as I expected, and I don't know if that's good or bad.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
thumbsup Really great part!

I loved their whole conversation about him fantasizing about proposing--something tells me that we're going to see a *real* waffy proposal before the end of this story. After all the angsty fireworks, of course.

I was kind of surprised that he didn't get more angry when he found out what she'd been keeping from him. Then again, maybe now he's just bottling it all up inside for a later explosion.

I'm definitely looking forward to finding out what happens next!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Features Writer
Features Writer
whinging

To Be Continued...
hopefully soon... laugh

great part of a great story, DJ sloppy

Babsi

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Voice of Reason: Now, Ann, stop being so angry at Grumpy!Clark and Sulking!Clark and Selfpitying!Clark (and Meddling!Martha). What if it had been Lois who had been so upset and hurt and lost and unhappy?

Ann: Oh, poor Lois! My heart breaks for her! Let me hug her!

Voice of Reason (with a touch of sarcasm): I'm so glad that you believe in judging everybody equally and fairly. So what if Clark had agreed to marry, oh, Mindy Church, and Lois had tried to talk him out of it, and Mindy had kept Lois prisoner in a radioactive cage...

Ann: Oh, poor Lois! Poor, poor, poor Lois! That stupid idiotic faithless Clark! How could he! I could strangle him! I...

Voice of Reason: Uh... Ann?

Ann: Yes?

Voice of Reason: It wasn't Clark who did this... it was Lois, you know?

Ann: Huh?

Voice of Reason: Yes! Right! Newsflash! It was Lois who did this!

Ann: Lois accepted Mindy Church's proposal? But I didn't think Lois liked blondes?

Voice of Reason: As if you would know if Mindy Church is blonde or not, you haven't even seen the episode!

Ann: Hehe. Some things you just know.

Voice of Reason: Stop being so smart-alecky, you not-so-young lady! Quit distracting me! You are unfair to Clark! You know you are! And I don't want to hear another word about all the horrible things that Superman did to poor Lois in the comics and movies! This site is dedicated to the ABC TV series and it has nothing to do with the comics and movies!!!

Ann: razz

Voice of Reason: What was that?

Ann: Nothing.

Voice of Reason: Good. Now let's look at the story part that we are actually supposed to be reviewing here...

Ann: razz

Voice of Reason: What was that?

Ann: You didn't see that. You had your back to me.

Voice of Reason: Some things you just know.

Ann: That's not reasonable! And you are the voice of reason! That's a foul!

Voice of Reason (deep sigh): I caught it with my peripheral vision. Never mind. Let's talk about the story.

Ann: Okay! I got so mad at this:

Martha wasn't convinced. Something was going on here. Clark looked like he did back when he was four and she had caught him trying to sneak a freshly baked cookie before dinner. She had made him admit the truth to her back then, and he certainly wasn't going to hide from her now.
What, huh? Clark looked like he did back when he was four! Well, newsflash, Martha! Clark isn't four anymore! But it's no wonder that he acts like a four-year-old when you treat him like one!

Voice of Reason: *squirts water on Ann - insert "drenched cat picture"*

Ann (absolutely outraged): WHAT did you do????

Voice of Reason: You were on fire. I had to put you out.

Ann: *mutters*

Voice of Reason: Stop sulking. Start reviewing.

Ann: In these wet clothes?

Voice of Reason: I'll give you this cosy cat house. It's very cosy, and it was made for a huge cat. There. Now you are warm and comfortable, aren't you?

Ann: Hmmmmm...prrrrrrr.

Voice of Reason: Good. Get on reviewing.

Ann: Okay! I got so irritated at this:

Lois wanted nothing more than to stay here tonight. But the still functioning part of her rational mind balked at the idea. What would people say if they found out? It could sully her reputation, or Clark's.
What's that nonsense about sullying her reputation? Gaaahh!!!! If I could only take this over into the nfic folder!

Voice of Reason: Ann, Ann, Ann. You can't be a horndog when you're sitting in a cat house. And this isn't the nfic folder, so button your lip. Anyway, it's Lois who is afraid of sullying her reputation. Are you even allowed to be angry at her?

Ann (getting good and mad): - - -

Voice of Reason: Enough! Quiet! You have nothing worthwhile to say about that, so button your lip. Now you either talk about the story or else you shut up!

Ann: ...........

Voice of Reason: What was that? I couldn't hear....

Ann:
Lois followed Clark out the front door of the STAR Labs building, watching his cape billow from the breeze coming in from outside. He hadn't said a word since they'd left Klein's lab. He hadn't turned around once to look at her or make sure she was still following him.
I'm giving you the silent treatment. Watch my cape billow.

Voice of Reason: :rolleyes:

Ann: What was that?

Voice of Reason: I give up. You are impervious to reason.

*Voice of Reason leaves*

Ann: Hey! Wait! Don't you want to hear if there was anything I liked about this chapter?

Voice of Reason: *sulks* *walks away* *cape billowing*

Ann: MMWWWAAAA!!! I knew it! I could get your goat! Ms. Holier-than-Thou wonderful reason!

Voice of Reason: *keeps walking away* *billowing cape disappears round a corner*

Ann: Come back! Stop sulking! You're not supposed to leave me!

Ann: *sniffle* I feel a little lonely... I think I'll console myself with my favorite part from part 14 of House of Cards:

“Apples. Lois and I,” he said, pointing to himself and at her, “and the people of Earth are all... um, Granny Smith apples. You,” he continued, pointing at Superman, “are still an apple but you're a... red delicious.”
Ann (to self): Red delicious... I love it.

[Linked Image]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! wave

A little angst for breakfast yesterday, huh? Don't worry, there is light at the end of the tunnel... But for now let's see what you all thought...

Hi Andreia! Awwww... you mean you didn't like them in Smallville? <g> Well, you're right, Smallville was nice but Metropolis *could* be better... except not maybe in this part.

Hah - glad you could feel the electricity. I felt the tingle when he leans close to her ear and says "Please stay". <sigh> Glad you did too.

quote: She loved him for everything he had been. Her love encompassed both what he had been able to do as well as what he might never do again. She knew him in a way that no one did – not even his parents.

This paragraph is very deep and beautiful.
Awwwww! Thank you so much, Andreia.

This situation is so frustrating. I want to take them both and make them talk. I can't do this, but you can, DJ. So, come back here!!!! [Hyper]
Who me? Nah... I think you're confusing me with my muse, Babbles. LOL! Thanks for the fdk, Andreia!

Hi sammie! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next part, huh? Hmmmm, well I see in lcfan4ever's message something about 'Thursday'... sounds good to me. How about Thursday? Thanks for the fdk.

Hi lcfan4ever! You know, the "WOW" is just great... but it makes me wish I knew how to speak German... <g>

each time i'll read a part of your story i think that this is the best part so far, so i'm really wondering what comes next [Wink] [Big Grin] . the way you describe everything i can see it in my mind as if it would be a real part of the show - just great [Smile]
blush --- Awwwww! Thank you! That is so sweet of you to say. I'm so glad you're enjoying it so much. And yes, I think Thursday is probably when I'll post - c-ya then.

Hi Camy! Heh - glad you liked the comparison with 4 yr old Clark and the cookie. <g>

quote: she *wanted* him to propose.

well, ... who doesn't [Wink]
LOL - yes, really! Ha ha ha.

I'm so tickled that everyone liked Klein's "red delicious" comparison. Hee hee hee.

Posting Schedule: I plan to post part 15 on Thursday, so if you're leaving on Sunday, that means you'll get to see it. However, I wasn't planning on posting part 16 until Sunday or maybe Monday, so you'll be gone by then.

And... 3 weeks!?! WOW! What an awesome vacation, girl! I'm envious! I hope you have a lovely time... and the 5 or so parts that you miss while you're gone will be here waiting for you when you get back. I'll miss your fdk while you're gone... you'll have some really good parts to catch up on (at least I hope you think so <g>) Thanks for the fdk Camy!

Hi AnKS! I haven't seen you in a while! I'm glad you enjoyed this part. Thanks.

Hi Sheila! Having to wait was sweet torture? Awww, you flatter me.

LOL - there are several of you out there who'd like to see them sharing the bed...

Caveman Clark - ha ha ha. That's great. <g>

I think that Lois and Clark are both testing the waters here; Lois is trying to see if Clark's proposal was meant to happen, but he just had bad timing, and that he would propose again one day and Clark wants to see what his chances are that Lois will say "yes" before he does it for real.
I think this is a very good theory, Sheila. <g>

Thanks so much for the fdk, Sheila. Ummm... 3 days isn't long to leave you, is it? I'll see you back here on Thursday! Thanks!

Hi Jen! LOL! I can see that mental image.
Not as much explosive anger as I expected, and I don't know if that's good or bad.
Oh? Would you like more? :p Hmmm... well, there could be more... and then again, things may happen to keep the anger from coming. You just never know. <g> Thanks for the fdk, Jen!

Hi Symbolic! Thank you!
something tells me that we're going to see a *real* waffy proposal before the end of this story
Hmmmm... you just never know...

I was kind of surprised that he didn't get more angry when he found out what she'd been keeping from him. Then again, maybe now he's just bottling it all up inside for a later explosion.
You could be right... then again... you just never know what might happen to change a person's pov. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Barbara! Thanks!
quote:“I don’t know,” he admitted and then smiled when a thought came to him. “You never gave me an answer from the other night,” he teased, flashing her a grin.

hehe, good answer, Clark! [Big Grin]
Hee hee - I thought so too. <g>

I'm glad you were able to understand Clark's feelings. And yes, it will be continued soon... Thursday. Thanks for the fdk, Barbara!

Ann! LOL! OMG! I laughed myself silly at this. <tries to catch breath... still giggling...> This little conversation was hilarious!

Babbles decided she needed to get in on the action. Here goes:

DJ: See!?! See what you've done?

Babbles: Me?

DJ: Yes, you. Don't act all innocent. I told you Ann would be mad at this part.

Babbles: But Lois was the one keeping things from Clark this time... not the other way around! I thought Ann would understand that.

DJ: If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times... Ann is a staunch Lois supporter. It wouldn't matter if Lois took a frozen leg of lamb and beat Clark over the head with it and buried him in her back yard... Ann would still support her.

Babbles: <silence>

DJ: <sigh> Now you've gotten Ann all irritated with poor Clark again for his righteous indignation at Lois for breaking his trust in her.

Babbles: Yeah, but...

DJ: Ann will be inconsolable now!

Babbles: But...

DJ: I should trade you in for another muse.

Babbles: HEY! Would you shut up long enough for me to babble a little? Ann doesn't know what's coming up in the next few parts.

DJ: So?

Babbles: So... I'm sure she'll calm down once she reads the next few parts. If she knew the ending to the story, she wouldn't be nearly this upset.

DJ: <sulking> Maybe.

Babbles: You know I'm right. Besides... when someone gets this emotionally vested in a story, it has to mean that the story is good... right? <beams>

DJ: I suppose. Maybe.

Babbles: Now apologize before I sulk off and let Bubbles write for you.

DJ: <mouth falls open> Bubbles! She couldn't write herself out of a paper bag!

Babbles: I know. <grins smugly>

DJ: I'm sorry. You're a good little muse... and I'm sure you'll make Ann happy soon... or at least by the end of the story.

<g>

LOL. Sorry, that just looked like too much fun. I had to get in on it. Ha ha!

But seriously Ann, I do find it very gratifying, actually, when you get upset at a part... or at the characters... to me, that shows how much the story has sucked you in. <g>

And I'm so glad you enjoyed the "red delicious" comparison. <g>

Thanks so much for that hilarious start to my morning and that wonderful fdk, Ann.

<DJ - who walks away, her cape billowing behind her...>

laugh

Thanks so much everyone for all that lovely fdk! It was wonderful! I'll see you all back here on Thursday!!!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Andreia! Awwww... you mean you didn't like them in Smallville?
Oh, I liked Smallville very much. There was their first real kiss, after all. drool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Columnist
Columnist
I'm envious! I hope you have a lovely time...
Thank you!! I'm going to France to visit family, but I'm sure I'll have a good time. I'm just going to miss the story!! I think they call that addicted, but well... can't do anything about that when a story is this great! (thank you Babbles wink )

Oh I'm pretty sure I'll miss some good parts! I'm just glad that I'll still be around for part 15!! laugh

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
DJ: If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times... Ann is a staunch Lois supporter. It wouldn't matter if Lois took a frozen leg of lamb and beat Clark over the head with it and buried him in her back yard... Ann would still support her.
rotflol

(You've been reading Roald Dahl's Lamb to the Slaughter, DJ? That frozen leg of lamb....)

Babbles: HEY! Would you shut up long enough for me to babble a little? Ann doesn't know what's coming up in the next few parts.

DJ: So?

Babbles: So... I'm sure she'll calm down once she reads the next few parts. If she knew the ending to the story, she wouldn't be nearly this upset.
Hmmmmm... does this sound good, or does it sound good? laugh

*Ann prepares to take a bite from her lovely Red Delicious apple - or - wait, maybe she should let Lois do the biting?*

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This really is an interesting story. Clark is being overly sensitive and Lois is doing things behind his back for his own good. No wonder they're not getting along yet! But you've all but promised Ann that things will be fine, even if they look dark now.

Speaking of Ann! I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair while reading your feedback. You really should write more. You're so very good at it. And DJ, you and Babbles should have your own time slot (got to be better than "House of Payne" or at least sixteen other shows on US TV right now!).

(wish I had a cape)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful. Yummy red apple. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
And yes, it will be continued soon... Thursday.
It's already Thursday here and I'm waiting for your next part laugh laugh laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hee hee! Hello everyone again! More fdk?! Yippee!

Hi Andreia... yes, Metropolis could definitely be more interesting. <g> I'll give you that...

Hi Camy! FRANCE!!!! WOW! I'm so jealous. Have a fabulous time, girl. LOL - I'm glad you're so addicted though. <g> Enjoy part 15, I'm getting ready to post it now. Thanks!

LOL Ann. Nope, haven't read "Lamb to the Slaughter"... however, there is an old "Twillight Zone" episode where a woman killed her husband with a leg of lamb... and then fed the evidence to the police when they came to question her. Evil, huh?

Heh - well I hope it "IS" good. You'll have to let me know. <g> I imagine you'll like a few things here and there until the end of the story, but I bet you like the part just before the end, the most. Hope that apple was good. <g>

Hi Terry! Oh good, you're still reading. I was afraid I might have lost you. I'm glad you're enjoying the story and find it interesting. And my own time slot - LOL - thanks blush Is that a hint that I'm being to prolific? wink Hee hee. Thanks for the fdk Terry. I would let you have Babbles cape, but then she might sulk and not do any writing for me. goofy

Hi Laurach! Hee hee. Thanks.

Hi Vanda! <looks closer> Barbara? Is that you? Hee hee. Yes, it is Thursday. And I'm sitting here right now pasting part 15. It's coming soon - I promise! Thanks!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi Vanda! <looks closer> Barbara? Is that you? Hee hee.
yes, it's me. peep Hi DJ!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! My favorite part about leaving for a few days and being lonesome without my internet connection is coming back and catching up on all my fan fic reads. smile It's like Christmas. Okay. So I will read and comment.:

She had made him admit the truth to her back then, and he certainly wasn’t going to hide from her now.
Go Martha! You tell that boy!

Clark held the door of his apartment open for Lois. She walked inside and he followed her, closing the door behind them. The air in his apartment smelled faintly of her and it made him smile to think of her staying here – eating at his table, sitting on his couch... sleeping in his bed. He swallowed slightly at that last thought and it warmed him from the inside.
Awww *reads bits of DJ's story and feels warmed from the inside.* smile

That idea was up for debate, he thought to himself.
Hehe.

Lois felt her insides melt. He had dreamed of proposing to her, had worked it all out in his mind. She suddenly realized something – she *wanted* him to propose. Lois shook her head inwardly at herself. How could she even be thinking along those lines? They’d only had one date for crying out loud.
But you're so perfect for each other! And he's so gosh darned cute. A darn nice guy, really.

Clark caught the significant look that Lois was giving Dr. Klein and felt an odd shiver run through him. Something about this just didn’t feel right.
Nooo!!! Suspicious!Clark.

I must admit from the hair I’ve studied that your physiology and DNA structure are very similar to an Earth human’s.”
Ahhh!!!! Oh no!!! And things were going so well.

“No, Lois. You couldn’t possibly know what I’m thinking,” he said quietly. “If you did, you wouldn’t even be talking to me right now.”
*Cringe* That was so harsh! Ahh. I'm getting so nervous.

Aww! That was so sad. Off to chapter 15! Wonderful job.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard