Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I'm back to leave real fdk. <g>

But first, I need to address this:

quote: Told ya you'd need Kleenex!!!

And what will they need for the final part? More Kleenex?
How the heck would I know? I haven't gotten a sneak at the final part yet. Oh sure, I know how it ends... <drool - looks down at shirt... dang! Now I've got a slobber spot on my clean shirt - sheesh>

So, yeah, I guess you could say they might need Kleenex for the final part... for the drool - LOL

Okay, moving on to fdk before Sue finds me and throttles me...

he had no idea that she was also passing the time by surreptitiously checking him out. She told herself she was only concerned about his injuries.
I found it hilarious that poor Clark was lying there being 'checked out' by Lois. <snort>

Her memory flitted back to that amazing kiss on the bed as her eyes wandered to his lips. His mouth was bruised and swollen and she felt a stab of anger for everything that Tony had done to him. For all his strength, Clark was the gentlest person she knew and it seemed unfair on a cosmic level that something like this could have happened to him.
That brought a twinge to my eyes... because I could see the bruises and the picture you painted and then because Lois right. Clark is such a gentle soul and didn't like to see anyone in pain and tried to help however he could... and this happened to him. <sniffle>

I love their sexy banter about the honeymoon and the wifely duties. But you know how much I love your banter. <g>

"Kissed you? You kissed me!" Had she kissed him? With shame, she remembered that it was actually her proposition that had led them to the bed.

"You kissed me first." Clark fought the urge to lift his arm and look at her.

"And you pulled me down to the bed with you!" Lois felt indignant. Was he implying that she was more attracted to him? Because that was simply not true. He had it bad for her. He'd had it bad for her since the very beginning and now he was going to act like a disinterested party?

"All I did was sit on the bed," Clark said smoothly. "You're the one who pushed me so I was lying down."

Her cheeks flushed from both embarrassment and the memory of kissing him so thoroughly. "And you rolled on top of me."

"You wanted to keep going," he added.

"And you didn't?" she asked pointedly.

Clark swallowed. "Yeah, I did."
Sorry to quote that whole passage, but it was just so cute and so *them*. LOL!

"Yeah, you are." He peeked from beneath his arm and wanted to laugh. She was sitting there with his cape over her head like a veil. He grinned at the thought of a horror movie titled, 'The Bride of Superman.'

"Well then, my life's ambition is realized. I can die happy now."

At that, he lifted the arm from his eyes and raised his head to look over at her. "Don't say that, not even in jest. You aren't going to die, Lois."

He was in earnest and her empty stomach tightened a little bit more. "Let's make a deal then," she said. "If you don't die on me, I promise not to die on you."

His eyes met hers and he nodded. "I promise," he said solemnly.

Her gaze dropped to the raw-looking bullet wound beneath his ribs. "I'm going to hold you to that promise, Clark."
And this was a wonderful little scene for so many reasons... I loved the imagery of Lois with the veil on her head... and I loved Clark telling her not to even joke about dying and making her promise and her making him promise back. <sniffle>

I loved the whole "expectations" talk. That Lois got to find out his real feelings about Mayson and he got to find out that she hadn't ever 'met' Lex's. <snort - thank heavens> But this little sentence:

Her mouth made a perfect 'O' in astonishment. Had he really thought that? "Don't make assumptions! We're married and I haven't met your expectations, have I?"
I loved that. It made me snicker and I could just see her making that 'o' expression. <g>

"That first story we worked on together? We were riding in a cab and you ended up sitting really close to me and our knees touched. It sent shivers through me. I told myself it was silly to get all worked up over someone I'd just met. But the truth was I liked you so much that it scared me. So I pushed you away."
Nice little explanation. thumbsup

I loved the repeating of the vows and then this:

He grunted. "Don't make me laugh, it hurts too much." Clark lay back down. "You're a good wife, Lois. The best I've ever had."

"I'm the only wife you've ever had." She fought a smile and wished he could have really meant the words.

"And yet you keep threatening to annul our blissful union," he pointed out.

"Like you haven't wanted a divorce since the moment you said, 'I do'!" she shot back.

"Lois, when did I ever say that I wanted an annulment or a divorce?"

She blinked as she realized that he hadn't. Never. Not once. The closest he had come was in placating her with an 'of course' when she told him they were getting an annulment. Was it possible that he didn't mind being married to her?

"Do you want a divorce?" she asked, her heart beating frantically at the thought that he was about to say 'yes, of course'.
Poor Lois. Of course he doesn't want that. He wants you to say you'll stay married to him after this is all over <sniffle>

"Really?" he asked. "Because I married you for your smokin' hot body."
whinging whinging That's so terribly heartrending. He's in so much pain, and trying to save her, but he's so sorry for having to cause her additional pain. <whimper>

And I know it's been quoted before, but you KNEW I would quote it again because I raved and raved about it in the beta and it's some of the best d*mn writing ever:

"I'm sorry," he mumbled to her. She didn't answer and he was glad for it. It was so much less painful to think that she would just drift from this world to the next without having to wake up and be in agony anymore.

"Lois," he murmured, "can you hear me?" His shaky fingers felt for and found a pulse. It was faint, but at least it was there. He pulled her onto his lap, cradling her in his arms despite how much it hurt to do so. Clark kissed her cheek, then her closed eyelids.

"You don't have to stay with me anymore," he whispered into her hair. "But I want you to know that I'm glad you married me. I love you. I've loved you since the day I met you. All I ever wanted was to be able to hold you for the rest of our lives." The words became stuck in his throat and he choked on a half-sob at the knowledge that he had got his wish.

"All I ever wanted," he repeated, hoping that she could hear him. "My wife."
And at this point I had the whole lip twitch, chin quiver, looking-through-blurry-eyes, sniffling, and blotting with tissues... thing going on.

This story has been absolutely incredible Sue. I mean it. I can say that while I've loved all your stories, this one will probably be my favorite. <hug> You took my little idea (and Brenda's) and made something wonderful out of them. Thank you!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mean is what thou art for your sad cliff-hang, but I suppose I will still like you anyway. wink

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow...Just fabulous, Sue! There were so many emotions tied up in here. I just thoroughly enjoyed this!
"Aren't you afraid you're going to get sunburned?" she asked, more to break the boredom than out of curiosity.

"I've never had a sunburn before," Clark answered. "But I have kind of wondered what it would be like."

"It's no fun. Your skin gets really tight and itchy and it actually does feel like it's on fire. And then you start peeling."

"The peeling part sounds interesting." He wiggled his toes and wondered how odd it must feel to shed one's skin.

"It's not," she told him matter-of-factly. "And it's terrible if it's on your back where you can't reach."

"Isn't that what marriage is about? Maybe this would be a good time to discuss your wifely duties."
Slowly, Lois and Clark break into a comfortable level of "talking". The banter starts but just so that they are feeling at ease with each other again.

"Did you really mean it, when you said you liked being married to me?" she asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Well," he let the word hang as he pretended to consider the question. "That was before we got kidnapped, shot and left for dead. This hasn't been the most ideal marriage. But just going by the first six hours of our married life? Yeah, I definitely liked that part."

Lois tossed another pebble, missed the ledge and resolved to stop trying to delve into just how committed he was to this marriage.

Clark couldn't resist adding, "Especially the part where you kissed me."
Clark is trying to tell Lois how he feels about her, but at the risk of losing her emotionally so he relays his feelings in a joking manner.

"Well then, my life's ambition is realized. I can die happy now."

At that, he lifted the arm from his eyes and raised his head to look over at her. "Don't say that, not even in jest. You aren't going to die, Lois."

He was in earnest and her empty stomach tightened a little bit more. "Let's make a deal then," she said. "If you don't die on me, I promise not to die on you."

His eyes met hers and he nodded. "I promise," he said solemnly.

Her gaze dropped to the raw-looking bullet wound beneath his ribs. "I'm going to hold you to that promise, Clark."
Nervous chatter or not, when the cards are all laid out, he isn't ready to lose Lois yet, especially since there are still so many unchartered waters. And Lois doesn't want to lose him either. She is almost comfortable saying that now.
"Lois, when we get back to Metropolis, will you go out with me?"

There was a clatter as she dropped the gravel she was holding. Then she cleared her throat and said, "You're supposed to date me before you marry me, not after."
Slowly, the wuestions that Clark has been wanting an answer to are brought forth. It's find out now or never.
She looked at him assessingly. "So this scorching kiss of yours - have you given one to Mayson?"

"No. Just you."
"So you didn't want to spend the weekend with her?"

"Not really. Not like that, anyway."

"Like what?" she pressed.

"Are you honestly going to tell me that you don't think there are expectations to be met when two consenting adults go to a secluded location together?"

"So you didn't want to meet her expectations?" she asked hopefully.

Clark swallowed hard. Leave it to Lois to cut to the heart of the matter so quickly. "No, I didn't."

Okay, so Mayson was out. But there had to have been someone, sometime... "So whose expectations have you met? I don't think you've ever mentioned any kind of serious girlfriend in your past."

"Have you told me about all of your serious relationships?"

"Actually, I have. I mean, you know about Claude."

"And Lex." He couldn't keep the bitter note from his voice.

"I never met Lex's expectations."

"Really?" Clark pushed himself to a sitting position, wiping the sand from his hands with a few small claps.

"You thought I had?" Lois looked at him in amazement. What kind of girl did he think she was?

"Well, you were engaged..." Clark hedged.

Her mouth made a perfect 'O' in astonishment. Had he really thought that? "Don't make assumptions! We're married and I haven't met your expectations, have I?"

He grinned. "Don't beat yourself up about that, Lois. I'm not deducting points for it."

She frowned and realized that he had neatly deflected her. "Nice try. You didn't answer my question. Whose expectations have you met?"

He flushed and looked away. "No one's," he admitted softly.

Lois furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Ever?"

He shook his head.

"You're kidding me, right?" He had to be teasing her.

"Nope."

"You, you're, oh my god, really? I, uh, geez. I don't know what to say to that."

Say you'll be mine, his mind whispered. Say you'll want me after this is all over.
Slowly the conversation turns to the most intimate that either of them has ever had with each other. No more secrets. Asking about ayson was just an opener and Clark stood aside and invited Lois into that door.

He grunted. "Don't make me laugh, it hurts too much." Clark lay back down. "You're a good wife, Lois. The best I've ever had."

"I'm the only wife you've ever had." She fought a smile and wished he could have really meant the words.

"And yet you keep threatening to annul our blissful union," he pointed out.

"Like you haven't wanted a divorce since the moment you said, 'I do'!" she shot back.

"Lois, when did I ever say that I wanted an annulment or a divorce?"
Again, teasing but meaning every word of it. They are finally opening up completely and letting each other know how they feel.
"Clark? Maybe you should go without me? You could go and get help."

"Did you leave me?"

She didn't answer because she knew where his logic was headed.

"We're in this together, Lois. I promised I wouldn't leave you and I meant it."
Clark's undertone is saying "not just geographically".
"This isn't so bad. I think if I had to choose, I'd want to die in your arms."

"What if I go first?" he answered, his voice a little huskier at the thought of actually losing her.

"You know how competitive I am. Are you really going to make this a contest?"

He tightened his arms around her. "It's not a contest. Besides, you promised you wouldn't leave me."

"That's right," she murmured. "I did. You're a good husband, Clark. The best I've ever had."

"I'm the only husband you've ever had."

"I know." Lois tipped her head back so that she could see his face. "But, even if you weren't, you'd still be my favorite."
Lois is sounding like she is giving up and wanting to be sure that Clark is sure of how she feels about him. He's struggling to hold on to her but he can feel her slipping away, slowly.
"I love you, Clark. Did you know that?"

"I love you, too."

"I'm glad we're married," she added and patted his arm again.

"Me too." He wished it wasn't so dark so that he could see her.

"I won't die a spinster, huh? Will you tell my mom that we were married? I know she's disappointed that I'm still single."

"You can tell her yourself."
Finally, everything has been said. And the final nail...but Clark is still holding on and not ready to let her go.
"Clark? Are you going to divorce me?"

"No."

"Not ever?" she asked hopefully.

"Not ever," he reassured her. "Not ever, I promise."

Til death parts us, his mind whispered. How much longer until that happened?
Finally, Lois gets an answer and it's the one that she has been wanting. Now she is at peace.
"You have to stay with me," he told her. "You promised."
"Get help," she mumbled. "Leave me."

"I can't leave you," he whispered. "You didn't leave me."

"S'different."

"It's no different,,,"
"I'm sorry," he mumbled to her. She didn't answer and he was glad for it. It was so much less painful to think that she would just drift from this world to the next without having to wake up and be in agony anymore.

"Lois," he murmured, "can you hear me?" His shaky fingers felt for and found a pulse. It was faint, but at least it was there. He pulled her onto his lap, cradling her in his arms despite how much it hurt to do so. Clark kissed her cheek, then her closed eyelids.

"You don't have to stay with me anymore," he whispered into her hair. "But I want you to know that I'm glad you married me. I love you. I've loved you since the day I met you. All I ever wanted was to be able to hold you for the rest of our lives." The words became stuck in his throat and he choked on a half-sob at the knowledge that he had got his wish.

"All I ever wanted," he repeated, hoping that she could hear him. "My wife."
Oh God! So sad. Cark has finally come to term with losing Lois. With everything said, it's okay now. He is giving her permission to leave himm so that she can be at peace.

Sue, how do you do it? Amazing emotional rollercoaster. Hurry back with the next part!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I only had a few moments on line when I saw this so quickly copied it to a Word file to read later. This meant I glimpsed the end of the story before I read it. I was sure Clark's heartfelt speech to Lois happened after they were in the hospital. It was just terribly painful to discover that, no, they are still trapped in the desert.

This is wonderful and poignant and I'm a little over-anxious for the final part.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! So many emotions throughout this part. I absolutely adored the flirtatious banter that went back and forth between Lois and Clark. You write very realistically, and as a reader, I enjoy that.

Obviously things will get better since they ended up at a hospital, but you had me for a few moments thinking that this really could have been the end. So heart-wrenching were the last few paragraphs. ARG! I can't wait to read more!!!

(keeping my fingers crossed for a really steamy happy ending....so DJ I'm coming after you if there isn't one--because you're the one who said there would be wink okay...so maybe I made that part up....BUT THERE SHOULD BE!!! )

Lola

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Blogger
Blogger
mecry Please, don't let us wait too long for the next part.

Annette

~aks
"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." - Mason Cooley
Blogger
Blogger
Like so many others before me have said, I am SO GLAD that I already knew that they would last long enough to make it to the hospital! What a deliciously heart-wrenching chapter this was, Sue. I'm so glad this is all coming to a close soon because I don't know how much longer I could stand to see Lois and Clark suffer like that!

All of that aside, I absolutely adored the banter you wrote between Lois and Clark; it was so perfectly them. I loved how Lois searched her brain for a secret to tell Clark that wouldn't be incriminating or embarrassing - never mind the fact that he had just confessed to being a virgin! Geez, Lois, I think you could have figured out a secret that would have been comparable. wink Although, I do think he really appreciated her confession, so I shan't complain too much.

I hope she remembers telling Clark that she loved him, but, at this point, I'm pretty doubtful since she seemed rather delirious with a fever.

I know I haven't been leaving feedback throughout, but, Sue, know that I'm loving this story and that I can't wait for the final chapter!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Managed to sneak a few minutes on my brother's computer...

Amazingly, amazingly beautiful, Sue. I have no time to quote, but I have to say that this reminds me more than any story I can remember of Paul's beautiful words about what love is, in the first letter to the Corinthians. I don't have my Bible here, certainly not my English-language Bible, and while I could quote much of it in Swedish, fat lot of good that would do you... Anyway, Paul says about love that it endures everything. And I can't remember another story where Clark is worn down to nothing but something absolutely primal and elemental, like what his life or even his life-force is about in the first place, his absolute love and commitment to Lois and, in this case, his need to just make his broken body carry her broken body to safety... except when her broken body hurts too much, he has to let her go, even let her die, because love demands that we recognize the time when we just have to let our loved one go. When their pain is stronger than their life. mecry

So, so, so beautiful. So bare-bones raw and honest and all-suffering and beautiful and raw and... did I say raw? And amazing.

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Oooo! Look what the feedback fairy left for me! dance
You're stopping there?! Come back!!!!
Not stopping, Angie. Just paused. <g>
Just as I finished this part, the power went out and the computer monitor went black. Just like the ending on the Sopranos!
Heh. It's a conspiracy perpetrated by Mickey and his gang. Can you hear me singing 'Don't Stop (Believing)'? wink
Help them soon please!!
Only because you asked, Jackie. Otherwise I'd just let them lie on that dusty road for a while.
And they never even got to consumate that marrage!
Laura, you left the most important word off the end of that sentence. Yet. As in, "this story isn't over... yet."

Kristen, thank you so much! I was worried that you were so upset with the story already that this part would just push you past wanting to keep reading it. Thank you so much for going the extra mile to read (and post!). I'd say I was sorry for making you sad in this part, but I'm not really. <g>
Okay, this is where I started grabbing for the box of tissues... when she talked about dying in his arms and he was so afraid. God. That gets me.
Oh, DJ! If that part's good, it's because you added the bit about his fear. I just had them talking, you made it come alive.
I can say that while I've loved all your stories, this one will probably be my favorite.
This is why I'll never be able to quit you, DJ. Each time I start a story I worry that it's going to fall flat and I've run out of things to say. And then you bolster my self-confidence and make me feel like I'm writing something good. <sniffle>
Mean is what thou art for your sad cliff-hang, but I suppose I will still like you anyway.
Thanks, Jen! What if I promised that you'll really like me again by the end? Will that help?
The banter starts but just so that they are feeling at ease with each other again.
Another series of gold stars for Sheila! I think that L/C are most comfortable when they're bantering with each other. It establishes so many things all at once for them. There's the actual conversation and then there's the way they can each assert themselves in a safe way with words. Words are their tools. They're writers, it's something they can readily use and understand. It can give them private jokes and it also gives them a way to outdo the other. They both need that, on occasion - to outwit and to be outwitted. While they may say irreverent things to each other, there's a lot of respect beneath it. When they're sparring with words they're equals. And, like Sheila pointed out, it's far easier to say the truth in a joking manner than to just blurt it out.
I glimpsed the end of the story before I read it. I was sure Clark's heartfelt speech to Lois happened after they were in the hospital.
That was the other factor (besides dramatic tension) in why I included the Martha/Jonathan intros with each part. I didn't want people coming unglued at the end of this part.
keeping my fingers crossed for a really steamy happy ending....so DJ I'm coming after you if there isn't one--because you're the one who said there would be
Heh - actually DJ wanted a story where they were married but it was unconsummated, so I wouldn't be looking to her in the hopes that you'll get a steamy ending. All she said was that she had drooled over the last part. But you should know that DJ drools over lots of things. Puppies, schmoopy commercials, that guy holding the 'slow down' sign at the construction site on her way to work...
I had to venture out of "lurkdom" for this part.
Annette! It's so good to see you! I'm glad you're enjoying the story and I very much appreciated the compliments. laugh
I hope she remembers telling Clark that she loved him, but, at this point, I'm pretty doubtful since she seemed rather delirious with a fever.
Yes, she was feverish. But maybe that means she'll have to tell him again?
I have to say that this reminds me more than any story I can remember of Paul's beautiful words about what love is, in the first letter to the Corinthians.
Ah, when he talks about charity, which is pure love. To paraphrase - love is long-suffering, kind, does not envy, is not puffed up, does not behave badly, seeks not for itself, it not easily provoked... and never fails. Wow, Ann. I had not thought about it, but you're right. Clark's love for Lois (and hers in return) is pure love and has all of those qualities.

My heartfelt gratitude (and love!) to everyone who has replied. Mmmmmwwwwaaaaahhh!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is why I'll never be able to quit you, DJ. Each time I start a story I worry that it's going to fall flat and I've run out of things to say. And then you bolster my self-confidence and make me feel like I'm writing something good. <sniffle>
Awwwww <sniffle>....

<smack!> Of course it's good, you silly woman! Sheesh!

Heh - actually DJ wanted a story where they were married but it was unconsummated, so I wouldn't be looking to her in the hopes that you'll get a steamy ending. All she said was that she had drooled over the last part. But you should know that DJ drools over lots of things. Puppies, schmoopy commercials, that guy holding the 'slow down' sign at the construction site on her way to work...
eek How did you know? I had sunglasses on when I ogled that construction guy! I didn't even crane my neck or anything!!!

LOL goofy

But seriously. What I wanted was a story where they eloped to Vegas because of circumstances beyond their control... and then they didn't consummate the marriage because they weren't even dating yet... and then there was all kinds of UST throughout the story...

But I never said they *couldn't* consummate it at the end. <g> Because deep down, I'm a romantic at heart... and even if the marriage was at first a sham... I'd want them to stay married.

But, of course, <speaking to the readers> no matter how much I grovel before my queen... I have yet to FORCE her to write anything she doesn't want to. So, if she doesn't want them to stay married at the end... well, I don't have much to say about that, do I? Not that I'm saying she'd be that cruel and mean... goofy

And I think I've not said quite enough about something that sort of, just a little bit, could possibly resemble something close to a story that Sue may or may not have written at some point since I have or have not known her.

laugh

Sorry, I was in a ridiculously silly mood this morning. <g>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OK, I just got back in town late last night ( our flight was stuck on the ground in Detroit for over 4 hours--ugh!!) This was a wonderful surprise to come back to this morning.

I'm not going to repeat everything that has been said so far--because I agree and hate being an echo, but this part was truely wonderful and heart-rending. That ending was pure torture. The only thing that is keeping me going is KNOWING that they make it to the hospital.

More soon.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I've been campaigning to get James to read this. (He normally doesn't do WIPs.) But I had to refrain from reading him the banter that I liked or I would have had to read the whole, dad-gummed first section.

BTW, I think he's going to let me read him the first 6 parts out loud--because isn't that how fanfic should be read?--just because you're so close to the ending. But that means you have to have posted in 7 days or less or my hide gets nailed to the wall. You wouldn't want that on your conscience now; would you?

The only part that nobody else has commented on is this one:
"Lois, when we get back to Metropolis, will you go out with me?"

There was a clatter as she dropped the gravel she was holding. Then she cleared her throat and said, "You're supposed to date me before you marry me, not after."
This is a misconception that needs to be cleared up. We married women REALLY LIKE to go on dates with our husbands. 'Nuf said.

Elisabeth
PS And my favorite other lines were about making this a contest and about marrying for her scorching hot body. Whoo hoo!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Has it only been 4 days since the last part was posted? I think you're cheating us Sue and it's really been longer! peep

So...feeling guilty enough to post...soon? You're killing me!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely loving it.. dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Probably everything has been quoted, but I need to add my favorite lines, too. help

"You said you wanted warm sand on your honeymoon. Was this what you had in mind?"
Surely not.

But just going by the first six hours of our married life? Yeah, I definitely liked that part."

Lois tossed another pebble, missed the ledge and resolved to stop trying to delve into just how committed he was to this marriage.

Clark couldn't resist adding, "Especially the part where you kissed me."

"Kissed you? You kissed me!" Had she kissed him? With shame, she remembered that it was actually her proposition that had led them to the bed.

"You kissed me first." Clark fought the urge to lift his arm and look at her.

"And you pulled me down to the bed with you!" Lois felt indignant. Was he implying that she was more attracted to him? Because that was simply not true. He had it bad for her. He'd had it bad for her since the very beginning and now he was going to act like a disinterested party?

"All I did was sit on the bed," Clark said smoothly. "You're the one who pushed me so I was lying down."

Her cheeks flushed from both embarrassment and the memory of kissing him so thoroughly. "And you rolled on top of me."

"You wanted to keep going," he added.

"And you didn't?" she asked pointedly.

Clark swallowed. "Yeah, I did."
I love this banter. It's so sexy and brings so much hot memories... help

Next part, pleeeeeeease! notworthy

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello all - DJ here. I hesitated to post this note because I didn't know how Sue would feel about it. Hopefully she doesn't mind.

I wanted to let you all know that Sue's mother-in-law passed away a few days ago and she has gone out of town to attend the funeral. I thought I would let you know so you wouldn't wonder what had happened to her or why you hadn't heard from her. She'll be back later this week.

Please keep her in your thoughts during this difficult time.

Sue, we're all thinking about you. <<<hugs>>> [Linked Image]

-- DJ

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
------------------------------------------------
quote: This is why I'll never be able to quit you, DJ. Each time I start a story I worry that it's going to fall flat and I've run out of things to say. And then you bolster my self-confidence and make me feel like I'm writing something good. <sniffle>
============================================
Awwwww <sniffle>....

<smack!> Of course it's good, you silly woman! Sheesh!
-------------------------------------------------

lmao! im sorry but this made me laugh my head off. but there speaking the truth!!

and now im sorry to hear about your mother in law. may she rest in peace. hugs and kisses!

Columnist
Columnist
oh no Sue, I am sooo sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Columnist
Columnist
my thoughts are with you too.

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwwww. Thanks for saying something, DJ.

I'm praying for you, Sue.

Take care,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard