ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#43493 06/13/07 03:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part. Moving right along. But Marcus' wife is Rachel, not Rebecca.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#43494 06/13/07 03:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting, but I don't see much interacting in any romantic way with Clark. Right now they seem nothing more then co-workers on a case. Intersting case though. Though I am not sure how this worlds nightmares will ever be resolved. were they ever resolved on Buffy? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#43495 06/13/07 10:41 PM
Kerth
Kerth
This is getting more and more intriguing. And Jimmy had been attacked? By what? (A werewolf? razz )

I particularly loved the way Lois looked through the reports of feats of unusual strenght. The 'women from all around the world doing feats of incredible strenght' within a few hours of each other was great. But I liked the reports about the male figure doing rescues even more. *lol*

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#43496 06/13/07 11:21 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Jimmie!!! NO!, you can't let him die and become a Vampire. I will not be a happy camper if you do that. I will have to send an army of wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy if you do.

Great section. Looking forward to the next part.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#43497 06/14/07 04:06 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Now, was Jimmy attacked by a wild animal or did he have an unfortunate accident with a barbeque fork? :p

All in all, I'm really loving this story smile

From Pheremone, My Lovely:

Clark: Lois! Please! Get a grip!
Lois: Believe me, I’d love to!
#43498 06/14/07 04:02 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Now, was Jimmy attacked by a wild animal or did he have an unfortunate accident with a barbeque fork? :p

All in all, I'm really loving this story smile

From Pheremone, My Lovely:

Clark: Lois! Please! Get a grip!
Lois: Believe me, I’d love to!
#43499 06/14/07 06:00 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by mervoparkite:
Jimmie!!! NO!, you can't let him die and become a Vampire. I will not be a happy camper if you do that. I will have to send an army of wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy if you do.

Great section. Looking forward to the next part.

Vonceil
Without wanting to pre-empt the story, you might as well know that vampirism doesn't work quite like an infectious disease in the Buffyverse - the vampire has to drink most of your blood, force you to drink some of its blood to make sure that your corpse will be animated by a demon, then finish the job of killing you. If you don't die immediately you don't become a vampire.

Werwolves, on the other hand, are infectious but not fundamentally evil, just very active predators - Oz, a regular in the show for a couple of years, was a werewolf who was infected by a nip from his cousin when the cousin was a little boy, don't think we ever learned how the cousin was infected. Oz locked himself into a cage at the full moon to avoid hurting anyopne.

Now were-Jimmy might be fun...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#43500 06/14/07 07:30 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, Shayne. That story that Marcus told Lois and Clark about his wife was truly horrible. (And like Lois, I was at least a bit impressed by how calmly and non-challengingly Clark asked his questions and listened to Marcus. Then again, believe me... if a town of thirty thousand had just been swallowed up by the earth here in Sweden, and a hundred murdered monks in medieval getups had been found outside the rim of the crater with a woman's fingernail lodged in their eyeballs... well, I wouldn't have been quite my usual skeptical self if I had been told about this, believe me. I'm always interested in amazing things that have really happened! And because so much horror and weirdness has really happened here, I think Clark has a good reason to take Marcus seriously - besides, the Cortez family may have told him something to make him even more willing to believe... And as for Lois, I think that with the strange "change" happening to her and with all the other weirdness she has seen, she shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss Marcus's story and look for a more mundane explanation instead.

Personally, I dismiss the supernatural because I find it so hard to reconcile it with the scientific world view that I believe in. But hey, if something like what we see in this story had happened in real life, believe me, I would have wanted to know about it! And I would have been very impressed. It's not impossible to turn me into a believer in trolls and things that go bump in the night, as long as someone will just show me the things that the trolls and the bumpy things have actually done, that no one in the "ordinary" world could have done instead, and that people can't just have imagined. Like I said, I need to be shown the "footprints" of the occult, and they'd better be good and deep ones. But if these things are there, why keep them from me? How can I and skeptics like me see the error of our ways, if governments and adherents of the supernatural hush things like Sunnydale up and refuse to show us the power of things diabolical?

Anyway, one more thing about Marcus, who lives in a fictional world where vampires and demons are most certainly real... I was moved by the fact that he wouldn't move far away form Sunnydale, because he wanted to do whatever he could to free his wife from the demon that possessed her and help her find peace after death. I hope he succeeds. Maybe Lois can help him?

Her dreams were troubled, filled with monsters, men in armor fighting, people dying. Always in the center, there was a girl. As the times changed, so did her face, but somehow, it was always the same girl. Whether she wore a hoop skirt, a loincloth or dressed in medieval armor, she was always the focus of evil.
Gaaaah. Creepy. Will Lois come fact to face with this queen of darkness before this tale is over?

Jimmy found more than thirty stories of freakish feats of strength by young girls and women; all dated May 20, 2003.”

“The day Sunnydale collapsed.”
Oh! Wowzers! Imagine, Supergirls popping up everywhere!

“There were older stories,” Lois said, “But most of them tended to be about a mysterious man saving people from train wrecks, burning cars and boat accidents. They date back for the past eight years, but I don't think they really apply here.”

“I'm sure you're right,” Clark said.

Lois thought Clark paled a little, but she wasn't sure.
smile1

Ann

#43501 06/14/07 08:57 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I knew it! Yes, there is a cover-up, only it is done by... whom?

quote:
“Jesus. They were that close to launching? Are they crazy? We're downwind…the fallout would have killed millions of people.”

Someone - some government representatives, probably - would have set something off that would have killed millions of people?

It's canon in the show that the US Government knows what's going on in Sunnydale, and that potentially apocalyptic events can happen there.

ShayneT isn't the only one to have assumed that there are contingency plans to use nukes if all else fails - I'm about 18 chapters into a Stargate crossover in which one of the USAF characters learns about one of the Los Angeles disaster plans, the one that assumes a detonation of "five or one hundred and fifty kilotons centred on the nearby city of Sunnydale, California." Then has to remind people that those are the two yields available from the warhead in an American cruise missile...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#43502 06/14/07 02:17 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
All right so I was a bit late getting into the story, but now that I've caught up, I just have a few things to say:

I'm totally thrilled that you've made Lois a slayer Shayne!! I've always thought that would make an amazing crossover premise, as our Lois is perfect for the job.

In general, I'm really digging the story so far. I don't really have time to go into details now, but keep up the good work! thumbsup

"Oh--as usual--dear." -Giles
#43503 06/14/07 03:38 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Shayne, picturing this in the Buffy-verse/Lois and Clark-dom as I am, I'm really really enjoying your story! I've only just managed to start reading it now, but have quickly caught up and am intrigued. smile

I watched Buffy from about Season 4 onwards and loved the show. Just as I loved LnC. Therefore I'm happy to read a knowledgeable, interesting plotline for a crossover. I love that Lois is a Slayer! When's she going to meet Buffy? Huh?

I think what I'm trying to say here is that I'm going to be following your story. laugh

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard