Next Thread
Print Thread
#43317 06/08/07 04:37 AM
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I thought you might like it early.
Why yes we do. laugh Thanks for obliging!

Lois had no idea how long she had been asleep when she was awakened to a soft groaning sound, but judging by the lethargy in her body she hadn’t been asleep long.
Yes!!!!! He's awake!

She would probably smack herself later for it but she added, “Who do you think you are? Superman?”
Hehe. Oh Lois. She can't help jabbing him, even when he's confused and battered in a hospital. *Shakes head* But then again... maybe he deserved that one...

“I know you’re in pain, Clark. You can’t hide it from me. I can see it in your eyes.”
Awwww

“I’ll be careful, Clark. Don’t worry. You know I did survive quite well on my own before Superman came to Metropolis.”

In response, Clark muttered something to the effect of that having been a miracle and Lois scowled at him.
rotflol

“Lois?” There was a pause. “It’s three-thirty in the morning. Are you okay?” She could hear the genuine concern in his voice and it gave her a warm feeling, just briefly.
Aww, I'm glad Lois' dad is being... well... nice. That was a touching conversation with him.

She grimaced at just the thought of that conversation.
Ugh. I don't think Clark's going to be happy about that. Thanks for posting so soon DJ! I love this story and I'm so glad that Clark's awake now. I can't decide how I think he's going to take Lois' interference though... on one hand, he might be relieved, but on the other, he'll probably be angry... Well my musings aside, thanks for the quick post!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
DJ, I can't give you the long FDK's that I promised you yet. Those will be coming even if I have to pm them to you a year from now.

I do want to let you know that I am popping in an out to read the story.

I adore it so far. Poor Clark though... when he was thinking about her while he was laying in bed... just tore me up. whinging

Thanks DJ for sharing it.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I thought you might like it early.
Oh yeah!!! laugh

I'm glad you weren't kidding about Clark waking up! Yay!!!

“Did they stop the wedding?” That wasn’t really the first question he had meant to ask, but it was what came out first.
awww!! It's so cute that this is the first thing he wants to know about. smile

Part of her was just dying to blurt out ‘I know you’re Superman!’
Part of me is sad you didn't! *lol*

Was it so much to want to be loved just for himself? Not for the special things he could do, but just for who he was?
Silly boy! Of course she loves you. The real you...

If she could have only loved Clark...
She does, you nitwit, I told you already! She does! wink

She didn’t love him. She had said she didn’t.
Oh, shut up, already! She hasn't said anything like that at all!!! Get some rest, Clark, your thinking isn't very clear...

smile I think they're both over-thinking things. *lol*

Clark: Lois loves you, OK? Stop torturing yourself.

Lois: Clark isn't going to freak out completely, I know he won't. Stop obsessing!

Ahhh! Feels better now. *lol*

Great part, DJ! Can't wait for the next. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hi DJ,

Thanks for posting earlier instead of later. It was a nice surprise to see the next part of this story up just a couple days after the last part. Of course, when you spoil us like this, we will just want more and more. wink

This was a great part. I am glad it was a bit longer than the previous part. There are so many great parts and lines but I only have time to comment on a couple of them

She didn’t love him. She had said she didn’t. And you can’t force someone to fall in love with you. Not even by pretending to be someone that you’re not.

He felt another wave of pain, but it wasn’t related to his injury. He had managed to save Lois, only to lose her all over again.
This is so sad. He is right about forcing someone to love you, but Clark doesn’t realize that Lois has just been deluding herself in regard to her feelings for him, Clark.

I liked the part about bringing in Dr. Klein. It will be interesting seeing his contributions in the story.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
oh god clark wont like that. 'if they get you, they will dissect you like a frog'. eeeeeeee. No i dont think he will like it at all at all.

Columnist
Columnist
well, I would like to say the same thing as everybody else: thank you for posting early!! smile1
“Lois?” he said hoarsely.
ooooh yay he's finally awake!!
Her heart swelled in her chest. He was awake! “I’m here... I’m here,” she soothed, taking his hand from her arm and holding on to it. “You’re okay. You’re safe now.”
aaaaww! such a sweet reaction of Lois.
Doctor Bernard Klein. He works for STAR Labs
ooh yay. Dr. Klein is gonna come into the story. He was so good in the show. Finally not a mad scientist after superman!!
He shouldn’t have let her go
He's the one in the hospital hurt and still he worries about Lois, aaaww.
Was it so much to want to be loved just for himself?
others already said it but... Clark, Lois really does love you!!!
He had managed to save Lois, only to lose her all over again.
This is so sad!! If he only knew how Lois really felt about him!!! and what she doing for him right now!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aren't you proud of me?
Okay, on a scale from 1 to ecstatic, I'm ecstatic!

Have to run, but I will try and leave more fdk later! Great part!!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well that whole thing went rather well thank goodness. Clark is up, Lois found the Kryptonite and the notes and Doc Klein is on the case/ All positive news. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is probably the only chance I'll have all weekend to answer fdk - so here I am! <mwahhhh> Thanks to all of you for your lovely comments.

Hi Laura S! Yes, it's an interesting thought about Dr. Klein, isn't it? Just what will Clark think about it? My muse thought long and hard, and I borrowed Sue's Clark from her closet and chatted with him a bit... we'll see if you agree with me or not. <g> Thanks for the fdk. I'm so glad you enjoyed the part.

Hi Jojo! <hug> I'm glad to see you. I knew you said it would be a while before you'd get to read/leave me fdk... so imagine my surprise to see you. I'm tickled that you "adore" it so far. Thanks for the fdk... and I'll look forward to more when you have time. <eyes pop out of DJ's head>... err... even if it is a year from now. goofy

Hi Lara! I hope your back is doing better. I'm so glad you enjoyed this part. And you cracked me up with your comments... especially the "nitwit" one and the "shut up, already" - LOLSSS! Thanks for the fdk Lara!

Hi eminMN! Thanks for the fdk! I'm glad you enjoyed the early post surprise. I hated to make everyone wait till Monday or Tuesday. Now you'll just have to wait for the next part till Tuesday <g> Ooooh, I'm glad you picked that part to quote. I liked that one myself... even if it was a poor point of view on Clark's part... <sigh> Give him time...

Hi Sammie! Hmmm, yes, he might not like it. One never knows exactly how he'll react. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi another folc! You are all welcome. <g> I'm glad to see you enjoyed it. At least Clark is awake now, right? And I did promise WAFF... trust me... it's coming up... maybe a couple of more parts... bear with me. <g>

Hi Jen! Yay! You're ecstatic. Yippee! Thanks for the fdk! Hope to see you later. <g>

Hi Laurach! I'm glad you liked it. Thanks so much for the fdk.

Thanks again everyone! And if I don't see you before Tuesday... I'll see you then with part 6.

<DJ - signing off>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
party

Framework4
Columnist
Columnist
I'm still here reading...

I'll probably be popping in and out too, but I want you to know that I love this story and will be keeping up with it. I'll leave feedback when I'm able. Life has been hectic lately.

I think this is the first time I've ever read a story where Luthor was attempting to clone kryptonite. What a scary thought! I can't wait to see what Klein comes up with.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, I'm early! Aren't you proud of me?
goofy

And now I think I can hear a soft knock on my door... hmmm... a tall, dark-haired, muscular, but obviously weakened man in a hospital gown is waiting outside... I wonder who that can be?

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah! Clark is awake! There are so many emotions here; Lois is angry, hurt relieved...and Clark is scared, embarrassed, relieved. He should be much more angry at Lois than he is showing because he was about to give up a lot more than she was.

She started to walk over and get some wet paper towels to blot him with again when Clark’s hand on her arm stopped her.

No matter how disoriented Clark becomes, somehow he always knows Lois and she is always the first one he wants to be there.

He sucked in an unsteady breath. Why did it hurt so much to breathe? The left side of his body felt like it was on fire. “Ouch,” he moaned.

“I know. I’m sorry,” Lois soothed. “I can go get the nurse, maybe she can give you some more pain medication or someth...” She broke off because Clark was struggling, trying to sit up in bed. “Wait, Clark! Don’t do that! You’re going to hurt yourself. You might rip a stitch!” She put her hands on his shoulders and tried to force him to lie back down.

“No, Lois,” he said weakly. “Please.” He groaned. “I’m gonna... ugh... I’m gonna be sick.”

“Oh!” she exclaimed and began frantically searching for something in the darkness... There! She spotted the outline of a kidney-shaped basin. She hadn’t been in the hospital often but she knew enough to know what one of those pink plastic tubs was for. She snatched it up and held it under Clark’s face. He heaved a couple of times and a little bit of bile came out. Lois wrinkled her nose at the sight of it and then looked away.

She hadn’t ever been a very good nurturer, but she knew how awful she felt whenever she threw up so she used her free hand to rub Clark’s back lightly. “That’s it,” she soothed. “You’re just probably a little nauseous from the concussion, or maybe from the pain meds.”

He took a shuddering breath and lay back in bed. “Thank you,” he told her quietly. He could now add stomach cramps to his list of bodily aches and pains.
No matter what has transpired between them, Lois is willing to do whatever to help Clark and he is grateful that she is there to care for him.

“Did they stop the wedding?” That wasn’t really the first question he had meant to ask, but it was what came out first.
After all of that, he is still concerned about Lois and the danger she could be in if she were married to Lex Luthor.

“I’m going to LexCorp,” she stated rather matter-of-factly.

That caught him off guard. “What? Why?”

She slung her purse over her shoulder and came back to his bed. She started to lean down to hug him goodbye but stopped short and stood back up, feeling very tentative about close contact with him right at this second. Her feelings were all jumbled up inside. She felt so confused and after listening to what he had gone through the past few days...

Lois suppressed a shudder. What must he think of her right now?

She pushed that thought away and steeled her resolve. “To get that chunk of Kryptonite and destroy it so they can’t use it against you again.” Instead of hugging him she touched his hand softly and gave it a light, reassuring squeeze. “Henderson is interested in that cage. He thinks it might have something to do with Superman since he found your suit under the stairs in the wine cellar.”
That meant she wasn’t going back to the hospital right now either. She wasn’t going to let this stuff anywhere near Clark.
Lois is willing to do whatever it takes to prove to Clark tht she really does love him...without actually saying it. Now will he believe her?

He shouldn’t have let her go.

Yeah, like you had any say in it, he reminded himself. Lois was gonna do what Lois wanted to do... with or without his input.

And he loved her for it.
No matter what his head was saying, Clark's heart said that he was still in love with Lois.

She was putting herself in danger to do something for him, to help him. But who was she really doing it for? If it had merely been Clark who was in trouble and needed help, would she still have offered herself so willingly? Or was it because she now knew that he was Superman?

Clark didn’t want to play second fiddle, not even to his alter-ego. He knew on some level that he wasn’t being completely rational about the whole situation, but...

Was it so much to want to be loved just for himself? Not for the special things he could do, but just for who he was? Just for the man and not the suit? Was that too much to desire? Should he have just taken what he could get? Been happy with her adoration for her superhero?

He couldn’t do it. And it wouldn’t have been fair to Lois either – to let her love only the superhero. Because one day she would wake up, she would realize that her idol was merely Clark in brightly-colored spandex. She needed to love him for who he really was, otherwise it wasn’t real. He wanted that kind of lasting love. The kind of love that his parents have.
Clark is really struggling with this. Ooh...what will it take?

And then on top of Clark's confusion, Lois goes and says...
“Okay then.” He could hear her yawn into the receiver. “I think I’m going to try to get some rest. I’ll see you in a little while partner.”

Partner...
This was absolutely wonderful. Please hurry back!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm sorry I've been reticent with fdk lately. Busy RL... I often only have time to read. So I'm trying to come back now and make up for it a little! laugh

She's right there, Clark! She loves you; she wouldn't leave you! /me sighs happily

“Oh, of course you are.” She rolled her eyes and then a smart response flitted through her mind. She couldn’t resist. She would probably smack herself later for it but she added, “Who do you think you are? Superman?”
Dun dun dunnnnnn!! Lois, Lois, Lois... You and your smart comments...

They had possibly found a way to create more Kryptonite!
No!

She didn’t love him. She had said she didn’t. And you can’t force someone to fall in love with you. Not even by pretending to be someone that you’re not.

He felt another wave of pain, but it wasn’t related to his injury. He had managed to save Lois, only to lose her all over again.
You're an idiot, Clark. She does love you! Didn't you notice that she didn't sound at all sad about Lex's death? She was only worried about you...

And I would quote some of the wonderfully endearing scene between Lois and her father, except then I'd have to quote the entire scene (and that would be far too long a quote...).

Wonderful part, DJ! I look forward to more soon...

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm sorry I don't have time for long feedback right now, but I wanted to let you know I'm still here reading!!

This was wonderful, I'm so glad that Clark is awake and still being very "Clark"--so typical that he would be concerned about everyone else even when he is in some pretty serious pain.

Lois is great too--running off (giving Clark a heart attack I'm sure) to protect Clark and in the process finding Dr. Klein(one of my favorite supporting characters)

Looking forward to the next part.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi everyone! I had just a little bit of time tonight and wanted to take a peek at fdk... and then of course I couldn't take a peek without responding... goofy

Hi Framework4 - yay, a party! Glad you're enjoying it.

Hi Symbolic! I'm so glad to see you. Thanks for the fdk even though things are hectic for you. Really? You hadn't seen the idea of cloning Kryptonite before? Cool! I'm sure it's been done somewhere before... but I try to come up with original ideas. <g> Thanks for the fdk.

Hi Ann! LOL - well I was trying to be funny/silly, glad you had a good laugh. I'm happy you enjoyed seeing Clark finally wake up. About time huh?

I can so totally sympathize with her for being angry here! Oh, wow, I'm taking Lois's side against Clark. Wow. That hardly ever happens, does it? [Wink]
You have no idea how much you made me laugh...

Thanks so much for all that yummy fdk and I'm glad you enjoyed her conversation with her father. Yay! Your comments at the end had me laughing all over again... who did that mysterious dark-haired man at your door turn out to be? Did Sue send CIHC to come visit you? Hee hee. Thanks Ann!

Hi Sheila! I'm so glad you picked up on all those emotions... emotions are just running rampant... through most of this fic, I'd say... Thank you for all those nice quotes and comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed the part!

Hi princessanna! Ooooh, yay, I'm glad you came back to leave fdk, thank you! I'll just warn you that they both do some idiotic things in the upcoming parts... <g> I'm glad you enjoyed the scene between Lois and her father too. Thanks!

Hi Vonceil! Thank you for taking the time to leave fdk - no matter how short or long. I like Dr. Klein too - he makes a few appearances throughout the fic. <g>

Thanks again everyone! I plan to have part 6 up sometime by Tuesday!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard