Next Thread
Print Thread
#43150 05/31/07 03:05 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Whoo hoo! Part 3 is up! clap

Okay... My favourite part:

She laid her hand across Clark’s chest and leaned down, whispering fiercely to him, “Clark Kent you have some explaining to do when you wake up.”
Yay! Clark's going to have to explain now, right? Or will he just continually pretend he's asleep or something to avoid having to talk to Lois?

/me wonders...

Great part. I loved Lois' caring as she bathed Clark's face. Aww! love

Part 4 soon...please?

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Martha blows it again! Trying so hard to protect Clark that she gives Lois clues.

Looking forward to the next part.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She laid her hand across Clark’s chest and leaned down, whispering fiercely to him, “Clark Kent you have some explaining to do when you wake up.”
Yep, yep, yep. It was bound to happen! Brace yourself, Clark! Actually it really makes me contemplate the power of the glasses. You know, no one often looks at Superman and says, "Hey! He could be Clark Kent!" But without his glasses, there's something familiar about him. On a goofy note, it makes me wonder how much I change when I take off my glasses LOL. goofy

Elsewhere, Martha's such a good judge of character. I like the trust she puts in Lois to take care of Clark, even though this is all at a time when Lois and Clark have really put each other through a bunch of c-r-a-p.

Another great part! I'm quite interested to see what happens when Clark's parents get into town...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois blanched at the reminder of what had happened. “Perry, I’m so sorry. I still can’t believe I didn’t see Luthor for who he really was. He almost destroyed everything I cared about.” She briefly glanced at Clark. “Almost.”
Awww, I love her glancing at Clark there.

“You have to cooperate with me here, Clark. They’re going to keep fussing over you if your temperature doesn’t come down. You’ve gotta work with me, partner.” She sighed quietly. “You’ve got to wake up.”
And her talking to Clark is just... *sighs* so cute.

Eek! But she can't be TOO mad at him, right?? he's an invalid! Oh wait. It's Lois Lane. What was I thinking? goofy

I loved it, DJ! Thanks for the post.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Another great part DJ!

Actually I feel that this revelation is one of the best I've read in a while. That is, the way Lois processes the information she has at hand just seems like the way it would really happen.

Something looked very familiar about him.

Well duh, she chastised herself, he is your partner. Of course he looks familiar. She looked again, more closely. No, something definitely seemed familiar, almost in an abstract sort of way somehow. As she continued to stare at him, grasping at the idea that was tugging at the back of her mind, thoughts began to run through her head.
So true to life! It's like when you've just woken up from a dream and you're trying to remember what it was about...except in reverse, sorta. In any case, very well done! goofy

And obviously poor Clark still has some fighting to do...I suppose the edge of that axe was dipped in Kryptonite, especially if, as you say, it was meant for Superman. That would also explain why Clark's still unconscious and has a fever...well, you've got me just where you want me: on the edge of my seat!

Please post more soon! hyper

"Oh--as usual--dear." -Giles
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ok, I haven't read the whole story so far because I'd like to wait until it's finished. So pleeeeease ... finish it hail hail

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Columnist
Columnist
ooh Part 3 is great!!!
I thought it was sooo sweet the way Lois took care of Clark!! and the way Perry took care of her!!

Martha ssshhh you're giving Lois hints!! but I still would love it if Lois woud figure it out!! Come on Lois!!!

“Clark Kent you have some explaining to do when you wake up.”
Clark, I think you may be in trouble when you wake up!! I have some kind of feeling that Martha and Jonathan olso have some explaning to do wink

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
“Lois, can I ask you to do something for me?”

“Anything.”

“Can you watch over him, please, until we get there?” There was another pause but before Lois could answer, Martha continued, “Don't let them treat him any further until we get there.”
Wow. Clark is in hospital, knocked out by Kryptonite and by Lex Luthor's axe, and Martha asks Lois not to let the hospital treat Clark further? You've actaully made me worried now, DJ - well, not really really, because I just can't believe that very many writers of LnC fanfic are in any way willing to kill off Clark. Still, though, his condition may be more serious than I initially thought.

“Don't worry, honey,” Perry said, coming up beside her and patting her arm. “I'm sure he'll wake up soon.” Perry reached down and lightly patted Clark's shoulder. “You hear that, son? I need you up and at "em. I'm not letting go of the Daily Planet without a fight and I'm gonna need all the help I can get.”
Aaww, Perry is so sweet. That is one of the best things about LnC compared with other portraits of Superman's world - the delightful sweetness of Perry.

And Perry bought new clothes for Lois, so she could get out of her "Mrs. Luthor" wedding dress. It was good to see that thing in the trash.

“You know, you look very handsome without your glasses, Clark. You really should try wearing contacts.”
He is handsome, isn't he, Lois? Take a look at him again. Take a good look.

Something looked very familiar about him.
You don't say?

Well duh, she chastised herself, he is your partner. Of course he looks familiar.
:rolleyes:

<You know, it's remarkable. I never noticed before... You look a lot like Superman...>
wink

Why *was* Superman upset with her?
Maybe because you turned him down so cruelly?

She laid her hand across Clark's chest and leaned down, whispering fiercely to him, &#8220;Clark Kent you have some explaining to do when you wake up.&#8221;
Right, Lois. At least you've figured out what kind of questions you should ask him. Let's just hope he'll wake up soon... but we can't be sure of that, can we?

Okay, DJ, you promised us about twenty-five parts, and since this is just part three, you'd better come back soon with the next one! thumbsup

Ann

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
DJ, I just caught up on this and I'm really enjoying it!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! I'm back!!! Thanks so much for the fdk!

Hi princessanna! LOL at Clark pretending to stay asleep until he figures out how to get out of this. That was funny. <bg> Thanks for the fdk - glad you liked the waff, there's more to come.

Sorry this part was a little shorter. The next part will be a little longer - it was just a good place to break.

Hi Dandello! LOL - yes, hugs to Martha. smile Thanks.

Hi Jen! Hah - glad you liked the glasses. Hmmm, and yes, you should try going without your glasses and seeing what people think. <g> She knows that Lois loves Clark - even if L&C don't right now. <g> I liked Martha and Jonathan in the show... they were pretty astute when it came to stuff like that. <g> I'll have part 4 posted soon, by Friday anyway. Thanks.

Hi Laura S! I love that you enjoyed those waffy parts. Her touching and talking to him. <g> I know that so far this story has been pretty angsty with not a lot of waff... trust me, there is much more waff coming... although, it takes a few parts to really get there... oh, and then there will be more of angst of course...

Eek! But she can't be TOO mad at him, right?? he's an invalid! Oh wait. It's Lois Lane. What was I thinking? [Goofy]
LOL!!!! Ha ha ha! That's funny. Yes, what were you thinking? <g> Although you might be surprised... it kind of depends on how things unfold, doesn't it?

Hi ultragirl! Ooooh, I'm so tickled that you think this is one of the best revelations you've read in a while - yippee! And that you liked the "duh, he is your partner" line. Tee hee.

You brought up some very interesting questions ultragirl - I love it. Seeing as how 90% of the story is written, I already know the answer... but I guess you'll just have to RAFO. <bg> Thanks for the fdk! Glad you're on the edge of your seat!

Awwww, come on lcfan4ever! You know you aren't going to be able to hold out for 20-25 parts. You might as well start reading now. <g>

Hi Camy! Thank you! Yes, I think Lois has figured it out - if she can just get some confirmation. <g> Thanks for the fdk. Glad you liked it!

Hi Ann!

Still, though, his condition may be more serious than I initially thought.
That is a very astute observation Ann... we shall see, won't we???

Yes, I always thought the Perry of LnC was such a sweetheart - such a big southern teddy bear. Glad you liked him.

I'm glad you seemed to enjoy the revelation scene. <g>

I will come back soon with the next one. In the next few days, I promise. Thanks so much Ann!!!

Hi Lisa! <hug> I've been missing you. I'm glad you're reading and enjoying. Thanks!

Oneredneckgoddess left fdk in my story thread, but I'm going to answer her here. First of all, let me say WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! [Linked Image]

I know you'll enjoy it here. The community here is great. And thanks for the fdk. I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Thanks again everyone. I'll have a new part up in a couple of days!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
DJ,

Another great part. I loved the revelation scene. One thing that is a common theme in revelation stories is that Lois is justifiably angry and Clark apologizes over and over again. However, I can't wait to see how this develops because in the first part of the story we see how Clark (with good reason) believes that she doesn't trust him, so why should he have ever told her about himself? Lois may not see it the same way (at least right away).

Regardless I think the next parts will be high on the angst-o-meter, and I am excited about it.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I know I'm going to be sorry I read all these so fast, cause part 4 is going to be a few days before it's here - isn't it? Oh well...

“What other things don’t I know about you, farm boy?”
rotflol

Perry let out a sigh. “No, I couldn’t convince him. But I’ve got other names on my list.
Oooh! Oooh! I know someone!! I know someone!!! Bruce Wayne! Heeeeeeeee!!!! (sorry, couldn't help it... I kinda have a thing for the guy - not that I've told anyone, of course. *rofl*)

“You know, you look very handsome without your glasses, Clark. You really should try wearing contacts.”
Geez, she's blind... *lol* I love that, though. It's amusing because it's so damn obvious to us and she sees absolutely nothing. I hope she figures it out... LOL!

Well duh, she chastised herself, he is your partner. Of course he looks familiar.
I am literally choking with laughter on that one. That is just too good!!

<You know, it’s remarkable. I never noticed before... You look a lot like Superman...>
Hello-ooooooooo??? rotflol

Had Lex found a way to hurt Superman? Was he that evil?
No, no... he's not *that* evil. He's dozens of times MORE evil that *that*. GRRRR!!! I loathe him...!!!

Loved it! I can't wait to find out what happens when Clark wakes up! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi eminMN!!! Thank you for the fdk and I'm so glad you are enjoying it!

Regardless I think the next parts will be high on the angst-o-meter, and I am excited about it.
I hope the future parts deliver for you. <g> I'll have part 4 up shortly.

Hi Lara! <hugs> Thanks for the fdk on all 3 parts! I loved it. You made me giggle out loud several times and I really needed the laugh. <g>

quote:Well duh, she chastised herself, he is your partner. Of course he looks familiar.

I am literally choking with laughter on that one. That is just too good!!
Hee hee - thanks. Glad you liked it.

I'm going to have part 4 up in the next few minutes. Thank you!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Ohhhh this is goooood! Love the revelation.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Jackie! Thanks for the fdk on the first three parts. I hope you can catch up soon, too. <g> Part 6 should be up by Tuesday. <hugs> Thanks for the fdk!

-- DJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard