Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"It's the truth," Clark said. He imagined grabbing Lois and flying away but it was only a tantalizing daydream. Not matter how hard he concentrated his feet remained firmly on the ground. What in the world had happened?
Ooooh, ooooh, I know, I know!!! Pick me! Pick me!!! goofy

Tears came to her eyes. She wasn't about to dignify that question with an answer, but in her heart she knew that she would have done anything to save both herself and Clark. Letting Tony rape her wasn't the answer. He was going to kill them no matter what. Their only hope lay in turning the tables on him. Clark was ahead of her as they moved up the hill, although he kept half-turning like he was checking on her. Who would Tony shoot first? Her vision blurred as she realized it would probably be Clark. There had to be a way to save him, to save them both. Her mind raced as her feet slowly plodded closer to their grave.
Awwww <sniffle> Lois would have done anything to save Clark - to save both of them, but she knew there was going to be no bargaining here. And then she realizes that she's probably going to have to watch Clark die first. <me cries>

Clark had been surprised when Lois kicked him off his feet and even more surprised when a bullet had gone through his thigh.
Ack! Noooooooo!

Lois said a silent prayer that he would just turn around. Don't check. Just go. The entire left side of her body felt like it was on fire and she was sure the man would hear her breathing long before he got there. She knew he would kill them, but she still wasn't sure she could shoot him. Just go away, her mind chanted. Just go away.
I loved this paragraph. It feels so real and so true. Even though she knew he would kill her, she didn't know if she could kill him. Nice.

"Lois, please..." She had to get out of here; it wouldn't take too much time for Randy to catch up to Mickey. They were going to come back.

"Would you leave me?" Lois was horrified that he would even suggest she abandon him.

He tried to reason with her, panting against the pain. "Places reversed... I could... carry you."

"Then I'll carry you." She tugged on his arm, forcing him to a sitting position.

He groaned in agony. "Too heavy."

"I won't leave you. So quit arguing with me. If you want me out of here, you're going to have to go with me."

Clark was sweating now and he gulped in air. "You're killing me."

"I'm trying to save your life."
Sorry to quote that whole thing, but it was just sooooooo good. Nicely done. Especially the "you're killing me/I'm trying to save your life" part.

Of course I liked the part where Lois teased Clark about him making fun of her face... he should see himself...

But then this -

"That candy bar, on your desk? When we get home, can I have it?"
Totally made me grin - and yes, I can vouch that Sue had it written long before anyone said anything about the other candy bar reference. <g>

"I'm so sorry." He looked almost desperate as his voice dropped to an urgent whisper. "Please, Lois, don't be angry."

"Angry?" she asked, thoroughly confused. She tugged her hand free of his and pulled his shirt up.

Clark let out a groan and dropped his head back. It hit the side of the culvert with a dull 'thunk'. "I'm sorry, Lois. I should never have let this happen."

"This isn't your fault..." Lois paused, unable to process what she was looking at. There was a bright blue fabric beneath his shirt and her mind seemed to stutter as she tried to make sense of it. She blinked and wondered if the heat was making her delusional. The material was ripped where a bullet had entered and it was stiff and dark with blood. Even so the Suit was still recognizable.

"Please don't hate me," he said softly.
That was a freakin awesome revelation Sue!!! Loved it!!! And poor Clark, makes me really feel for him. He doesn't care any more if she knows, all he wants is for her not to be angry/not to hate him. Please don't hate him. Awwww <sniffle>

Okay, you've given me sneaks at part 5 and even a nice long sneak at the ending... but where's my beta, hmmmm???? I know you have internet at that hotel - don't make me hunt you down. goofy I want to be able to read that scene... you know the one... where they are - you know - and he wraps her up in - well you know...

Come on... I'm dying here. <g>

But, um, I hope you're having a good time... wink

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
oh nooooo!!! im going away for 2 weeks and im going to have to wait them 2 weeks b4 i can read the rest!! blast it!! how am i going to survive. i nearly didnt go on this holiday cos it wuld mean having to caatch up wen i get back (not kidding, i actually did nearly not go!) well the story has me on the edge of my seat so far. keep up the good work!!!

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Wow, get back here quick. I need more.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahh, for some reason I thought I had already given FDK on this one. I shall do so now. laugh

"You expect me to believe that you two just followed me to the airport and flew out here on the chance that I was going to be doing something big?" His arms came free so that he could finger-quote the word 'big'.
Obviously he doesn't know Lois Lane very well... lol

There was a sickening thud and the mine fell silent.
:gasp: Did superman just kill someone? ^_~ I see below it was more of an accident than anything as he probably fell in during the struggle. Even if he had I don't think there is much of a moral issue here as he was like any normal human being at the time and had no advantage over the other guys who was obviously going to kill him.

"Then I'll carry you." She tugged on his arm, forcing him to a sitting position.
There are moments when Lois' stubborn streak is really sweet.

It seemed to take forever for them to work their way down the hill. Clark was almost angry with her as he contemplated how to get her to leave him there. She was in slightly better shape and he knew that her efforts to help him were costing her dearly. Each time he brought the subject up she dismissed it.
Gosh Sue you're killing me here. They are just so pathetic and each one of them so stubborn and trying to do what they think is best for the other. I just feel so horrible for them and their predicament. It is an awfully great setup for the revelation though.

"That candy bar, on your desk? When we get home, can I have it?"
I believe you that you had written in before the rest of us commented, this is so something your Lois (and probably the TV series Lois) would say. LOL It still made me guffaw. (Jojo had to pull out a dictionary to make sure this word meant what she remembered as she is trying to find more ways to describe the insane laugher she always has when she reads Sue's stories.)

"I don't think so. I hope not." She didn't dare to tell him that she couldn't take a full breath. There was nothing he could do to help anyway.
Poor girl. I'm actually tearing up a bit for her right now. frown

"I'm so sorry." He looked almost desperate as his voice dropped to an urgent whisper. "Please, Lois, don't be angry."
Awww Clark. He is worried about Lois, worried about himself, and now he has to be worried about her reaction to the secret. :sniff:

"Please don't hate me," he said softly.
Come on Lois... he's so cute and pathetic right now. How could you hate him? I have a feeling Mad Dog Lane is about to kick in though and she is going to take care of him even more and tell him that she will deal with him later when they are both better. After all... he made it to a hospital with no one knowing he is Superman... so they have to take the suit off. :cackle: Of course... I somehow don't think that process is going to be very sexy what with them both hurting so much. But... I'm sure later on when they have made up they can re-enact the taking off of the suit. ^_~

Great chapter Sue! I'm going to try my best to finish off the FDK for this story since there are only a few more chapters left. But don't be surprised if I don't show up to play quite so much. Real life isn't playing nice at the moment. frown So don't think I have stopped coming to play at all though. laugh I'll be back soon enough to play full time.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Kerth
Kerth
I'm so sorry! I meant to reply much earlier but the wireless internet at the hotel was on the fritz. Then I got back to work and a project that had been less than important was suddenly a major issue and had to be worked on. I was on-call and my evenings were spent putting out fires. Then, two nights ago, we found out that my mom-in-law has liver cancer and they're only giving her a few weeks to live. So the past couple of days have been spent finishing up work and getting travel plans put in motion. It might be a week or two before I'm able to post. If part five didn't feel so uneven to me, I'd post it now but there are a couple of spots where I'm still polishing.

Many, many thanks to everyone who has replied to this story. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know. I promise the story won't be abandoned, my priorities have just shifted for a while.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I'll be thinking about you, and don't worry about the story; we'll be here when you get back around to it.

Take care,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
I just came up with the story. It's great, Sue! I enjoy it very much smile

I'm very sorry to hear that with your mother-in-law frown

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If part five didn't feel so uneven to me, I'd post it now but there are a couple of spots where I'm still polishing.
drool

Polishing is always a good thing... however... as good as this part already is, I can't imagine how it can get any better...

Then again, this is Sue I'm talking about here...

<drool> Yes, it could definitely get better then. <g>

<<<hugs>>>

Sweetie, I'm so sorry about your mom-in-law. I'm thinking about you every day and hope your visit goes well - lots of hugs.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Sue, your post reminded me of a group of commercials I've seen for an insurance company with the tagline "Life comes at you fast."

Hope your life slows down a bit.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Two things:

1. I'm bringing this up to the top because I strongly believe this fic should not be forgotten...and I am still waiting patiently for the 5th installment!!!

and...

2. Hey Sue! Just sending a little bit of encouragement and hoping that RL is getting better. My thoughts are with you!

Best,
Lola

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sue, I was just thinking of how the mystery of this story reminds me of the mystery of Revisionist History, which is a fic of yours that is just amazing. Please, I want to know what the heck happened to Lois and Clark - well, particularly to Clark, of course! - in this story. I, too, am waiting eagerly for part five!

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Thanks for the support you guys. Woody quoted the right commercial - life does come at you fast. I'm back now (as if you hadn't guessed) and I'm looking for something to distract me from thinking too hard about real life. Fic should do nicely.

I should have part five out by the end of the weekend. <fingers crossed>

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Blogger
Blogger
I love this story. Thank you so much for writing it. I can't wait to find out what happens next!

AnnieJ hyper

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
im sorry about ur mother in law sue. i just got back from my holiday and admit that i was dissapointed part 5 wasnt out after 2 weeks then i read about ur m-i-l. cangt wait for it to come out love sammie

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great story -- very exciting and intriguing.
I can't wait for the next part.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great story -- very exciting and intriguing.
I can't wait for the next part.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
ooooo when is this end of the weekend?!?!?! frown

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I should have part five out by the end of the weekend. <fingers crossed>
ooooo when is this end of the weekend?!?!?! [Frown]
LOL! Sammie you kill me! Yes, Sue... maybe you'd like to explain what planet you live on where Sunday isn't the end of the weekend?

<DJ ducks as Sue throws a shoe at her>

Yikes! Sorry!

Okay, I'm here to let you all know that I have beta'd part 5 and I've read half of part 6 <drool>

Part of the hold up is that Sue originally said that the fic was going to be 6 parts long. She tries hard not to renege on what she has (DJ blatantly brings up the "weekend" thing - snickers) but she realized that the story probably really needs to be 7 parts long. She has been going back and forth and back and forth on whether to post a really long part 5 or break it into two parts and make 7 total.

But it is much closer to being ready to post than it was last weekend. I think she still has another beta reader that she is going to send it to and then she can post it.

<DJ sends a pointy stick guy for good measure wildguy >

It's really very good. But make sure when you do get to read the part after this upcoming one, part 6, that you keep a hanky or a box of tissues around. If you're anything like me, you'll need them. <sniffle> I just thought I'd warn you in advance in case you need to pick up a box the next time you're at the store. <g>

Okay, and I've blabbed quite long enough.

This is DJ signing off. angel-devil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
SUE, TRUST ME! Your readers are not sweating whether it's 6 or 7 parts, we just want them out of the culvert NOW!
wildguy
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by MetroRhodes:
[QUOTE] But make sure when you do get to read the part after this upcoming one, part 6, that you keep a hanky or a box of tissues around. If you're anything like me, you'll need them.
what? why?? who??? how???? what's happening? mecry

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard