Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hopefully it's intense enough to make up for its length.
It sure did!! What a great part!!
For a tiny little moment, Lois almost felt sorry for him. Here he was, the strongest man on earth, yet for all his abilities, he was still just as fallible as anybody else. He made mistakes. He took wrong turns and made bad decisions. But as strange as it seemed for her to be standing there, in front of a very broken Superman, the anger won over the pity in a split second.
so well written, very sad, I can just picture Superman looking sad, ooow frown

Cheese of the month?
Clark did have a lot of ridiculous excuses didn't he? But I have to say that this one was always one my favs laugh

“You let me think you had been shot and killed,” she said slowly, grief pouring out of every word. “And I blamed myself for it. Did you know? I saw them drag your dead body away as I stood there, knowing that you’d still be alive if you hadn’t tried to protect me. I tortured myself over it and spent the next day desperately trying to figure out how I could possibly go on.” She stopped short of telling him that the worst part of it all wasn’t the guilt, it was the thought of having to go on without him that had been so impossible to get over. “Do you have any idea what that’s like at all? I proof-read your obituary!” she told him instead, almost choking on the last word.
I loved this part. So sad and sweet at the same time, I hated it that they never talked about the night Clark died in the show. A good thing there is fan fic! wink
"Just hold me, Clark. Hold me and never let go."
I loved this line!! Perfect ending of this part, so sweet!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh thank goodness. I thought she was going to be a dope and let him go for a minute. Nice ending. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
/me sighs and melts into a puddle of goo on the ground

They're so perfect for one another! mecry Oh, these are happy tears. She's going to forgive him! Yay!

Loved it. 'Nuff said. laugh

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooops! I thought I had already left fdk on this Lara.

This was Lois Lane at her tornadical finest. The argument was very well written and I loved her connecting the dots and remembering Clark having been shot.

And poor Clark's desperation. I could literally feel it. Please just let her listen...

And that last line. <Waffy sigh> Love that last line:

There's just something about someone "asking" to be held. <hums happily>

I see part 4 has been posted. Yippee!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Kerth
Kerth
There's just something about someone "asking" to be held.
Hey, DJ... hold me? :p

I'll be back later with real FDK, Lara, I swear!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<DJ faints>

Finally the four words she had been dying to hear...

rotflol rotflol

OMG - you have no right to make me laugh like that - especially not while I'm at work - bad, Sue, bad. Sheesh, my eyes were already red from allergies, now they're ever redder from me laughing so hard that I cried. People are gonna think I'm an alkie or something.

Huh? So what if I eat gin-soaked raisins on my cereal for breakfast... it's for my arthritis! No seriously... :p

Okay, sorry Lara. This really was a good part. Can't wait to finish out the story. smile

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Kerth
Kerth
This part is rather short. No, really, it is. Very short, actually. Hopefully it's intense enough to make up for its length.
If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that...

Ahem, anyway. I said I would leave real FDK. I loved that Lois' first thought is to call him on making her worry. I also love the idea of him being so chagrined and having to agree with her. Loved the repetition of "anything" - how different that word can sound when it's "I didn't mean to hurt you" and not "I would do anything for you". To Clark, they're the same thing. To Lois, it's a promise he didn't quite keep. <sniffle>

But, by far, the best part was his utter determination to hold her and comfort her, even when he knew that she was crying her eyes out because of him. That was so achingly tender. Especially when he repeats to her that he didn't mean to do "anything".

Very powerful, Lara. Kudos to you. hail

DJ - gin-soaked raisins? Oh my holy hell, I am SO coming to your house for Christmas this year.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awwwww!!! stop it, girls, you're making me cry!

of course, I also laughed like insane at some of the comments! ...I think the guys in the next cube are going to be *very* happy when I move to my new office, next week - an office with a door, no less. Oooh - and a view on Clark street. (the geek inside me is SO having a field day with that!)

Thank you all so much for the FDK. If you all were closer to here, I'd run over and hug 'ya!

[Linked Image]

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard