Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42372 04/26/07 11:54 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I've really been enjoying this story and have to log in early every morning to print the next part. I love the way you have taken the lines and events from Lois and Clark and tweaked them to mean something totally different.

Looking forward to Part 8.

Clark's Gal
Top Banana
Top Banana
Super!!!

Can't wait for the next part. I'm guessing you will have covered Pheromone, My Lovely,right? Goody thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OOOOO this is getting so interesting!!

Just a few comments:
1. LANA!?!?!?!? mad Why doesn't she just fall into a pit somewhere and stay there!!

2. Why is Clark defending Lex? Didn't he have the same experience with the "testing" as before? Didn't the meet and talk? huh

3. Will someone please tell Clark to get his act togeather, properly fall for Lois and tell her!! sloppy This Brotherly stuff is for the birds. (although it is kind of nice to see Lois as the one pining over Clark for a change)

4. If Clark isn't going to speak up will Mad Dog Lane please take over and put him in his place?! jump
Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
deleted my rant.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm loving this story, although I have to admit it's kind of frustrating not knowing what's going through Clark's head at this point in time. grumble Is it the same as it's always been in other stories and the show? Does he love her? *sigh* We know how Lois feels, but has meeting Lois earlier made a difference to Clark's feelings so that he only sees her as a brother? Or is the soul mates thing still in effect? Does he love her??!

Frustrating in this way, but an awesome story nonetheless. Well done! I'm enjoying reading all the S1 episodes from another perspective. smile

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Blogger
Blogger
I loved how you wrote the whole Trask escapade! Seeing it from Lois' prospective now that she knows Clark's secret gave so much insight into how much she cares about Clark. This part was definitely the best.

Lois squeezed her tighter and said in a whisper. “Thank you, Rachel. If you ever breathe a word of this to anyone, especially the Kents, I’ll deny it, but Clark, he’s the one, Rachel. He may never look at me, but his face is the face I want in my head.” Rachel’s arms tightened around her in acknowledgement, and they stood there together, tears running down their faces as they watched Clark hug his parents over and over.
I love how sure she is of her feelings, but I HATE not knowing how Clark is feeling about her! And now that he's back with Lana AGAIN, I don't know when we'll find out anything about his feelings for Lois.

For some reason, your Lex Luthor seems so much more sinister and slippery, but that just may be because Lois is so suspicious of him and Clark is clueless (I love that twist, by the way!).

Eagerly awaiting part 8! smile

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
“I can’t believe it. That poor man.”

“What man?” asked Clark.

“Superman.” She saw surprise in Clark’s eyes. “He comes here to help, and now this. Can you imagine how he must feel, Clark?”
Somehow I just can't imagine Lois saying this--not if she knows. I think some of the dialogue needs to be tweaked a bit--just like you did when you started writing the season 1 stuff.

"Sold! To Miss. . .” the auctioneer checked the list, “Lana Lang.”
NOOOOO! eek

“Mmmn,” was her only comment as she took another sip. She set her glass down. “I was saving for Tahiti. But a date with Superman. That would have been a real adventure. Oh, Clark,” she moaned. “He doesn’t even know I’m alive. Maybe it was stupid of me to think that he cared.”
This is another line that doesn't sound right. You wrote such brilliant dialogue in the first several sections. I know you felt you couldn't write better than the show's original writers, but they weren't writing this particularly story. You need to make it your own. Unfortunately, this line doesn't work for me.

“Okay, now open your eyes. The rest of the way, I mean.” She should have known that he would know she was cheating.
Like this! This is truly cute!

“What’s wrong with that? It’s really nice to be with someone from Smallville. I am really enjoying my life and job here, but I’ve been away from home and it’s just nice to have someone to talk to about it.”

What about me, Clark? You could have talked to me. She knew that he sometimes got lonely, and she made an effort to spend time with him, even outside of work. Apparently, it was just another area in which she wasn’t enough for him.
This is so poignant. <sniffle, sniffle>

I really like it when you take Lois and Clark back to Smallville. It's like you get back to your own story--the story I've grown so attached to.

There was no point in her staying, she thought, as she returned to her bedroom. It had always been like this. They called her family, but she wasn’t really. She wasn’t “in” on the secret. At least now she knew what the secret was.
You nailed it, here. Lois wants so much to belong--and she almost does, but not quite.

Lois squeezed her tighter and said in a whisper. “Thank you, Rachel. If you ever breathe a word of this to anyone, especially the Kents, I’ll deny it, but Clark, he’s the one, Rachel. He may never look at me, but his face is the face I want in my head.” Rachel’s arms tightened around her in acknowledgement, and they stood there together, tears running down their faces as they watched Clark hug his parents over and over.
Beautiful!

Elisabeth
who hopes you realize that I'm being hard on you precisely because I love this story so much

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I can’t believe it. That poor man.”

“What man?” asked Clark.

“Superman.” She saw surprise in Clark’s eyes. “He comes here to help, and now this. Can you imagine how he must feel, Clark?”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somehow I just can't imagine Lois saying this--not if she knows. I think some of the dialogue needs to be tweaked a bit--just like you did when you started writing the season 1 stuff.

Well, I can tell you what I was thinking when I included these parts. On the surface, yes, since Lois knows Clark is Superman, why is she complaining about him to Clark? Well it's like that confusing conversation with Perry. He knows, but he doesn't know officially, and since he dosn't know officially, he doesn't know. Lois knows Clark is Superman, but Clark doesn't know that Lois knows that Clark is Superman, so, officially, she doesn't know. It sounds like she is complaining to Clark about Superman, but she is actually complaining to Clark about Clark- "He doesn't know I'm alive!"

thanks!

rkn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard