Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42325 04/25/07 05:28 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I'm so glad Clark ended up on the Daily Planet staff, even if it involved Lois scaring off two employees (I'm totally not surprised, though!). I like how you kept the dynamic we saw between them in S1 - I know Lois is doing it partially to protect her image, but at the same time, I see some underlying truth in her words. No matter what, Clark is still competition to her, even if they have been friends for years.

I just want to kick Clark for not being honest with Lois! He's known Lois for so long, so I don't understand why he just doesn't tell her the truth. I think he would know her enough by now that it would be obvious she wouldn't turn him into a story. Although, she DID just steal his story, so... I think that will have definite repercussions on their relationship, but I do like how she was doing it to protect his identity, and not just out of spite for getting their first. That really shows how much Lois cares about him (even if he doesn't realize it until later).

I'm really curious as to how their relationship with progress now that Lois seems to be showing a lot of interest in Superman. I don't think Clark is going to see her feelings like Lois hopes he will. I just hope it doesn't take them as long to get together as it did in the show! smile

Very well done and I'm definitely looking forward to how everything with Trask will end in your story! I'm assuming that you'll be taking us back to Smallville and maybe there will be some revelations going on, too.

Kerth
Kerth
It's rather late for me, but I couldn't go to bed before telling you that I greatly enjoyed this part. Although I preferred the parts that were not quite as close to the script as this one. Your writing is just excellent.

Mellie

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
It's so interesting to see how your story ends up so close to the script, even if Lois's motivations are completely different here. Admittedly, Clark's motivations may be different, too. Since we've seen most of the story from Lois's POV, it's hard to know what Clark is really thinking. Is he in love with Lois? I think he probably is. Is he as scared of showing it as Lois is of showing her feelings for him as Clark? Perhaps both of them worry about what Martha and Jonathan will say?

One thing I found particularly intriguing was that Lois wound up seemingly idolizing Superman all over again, but this time she did it in order to win him as Clark. It's easy to think she made the wrong choice, but maybe she didn't after all? Perhaps her adulation of Superman will make him realize that he needs her to love him as the ordinary man from Kansas?

Anyway, it's so fascinating to be told the whole story all over again, except this time it means something else entirely. Where will you be taking us? Please come back soon and tell us more!

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Lois spent all night tossing and turning. Clark had not been home when she got there. All afternoon, as she had typed away trying to tell the story of the colonist launch, she listened to the ladies in the newsroom swoon over Superman. It made her feel sick to listen to them talking about Clark like he was a hunk of meat. She would never. . .suddenly she was seized with a crazy thought that would not go away. If Clark didn’t think that she knew Superman was Clark, wouldn’t he think it odd if she was not swooning over him like everyone else? What if. . . could this be a way for her to show Clark her love without actually sharing her feelings with Clark and taking the chance that he would reject her or that her unreciprocated feelings would ruin their friendship? The idea was ludicrous, but she couldn’t make it go away. She kept thinking of stories and plays and legends of people who pretended to be something they were not to gain the love of the man (or woman) they desired. She had suppressed her feelings, and would continue to do so when around Clark. But when she was around Superman, she was going to show Clark all the love that she felt. And maybe he would see that she loved him and come to love her as well. When he loved her too, he would tell her that he was also Superman, the man she loved, and she would tell him that she knew that all along. And they would kiss and he would sweep her up in his arms. . . Lois smiled dreamily. But until then she had to act normally around Clark, considering they were working together, currently living together, and she would never forgive her self if her feelings caused any uneasiness in her relationship with the Kents.
thumbsup

Elisabeth

Merriwether
Merriwether
Cat approached, having caught the end of their conversation. “Oh, I get it. You and Superman joined the old “Mile High Club” up there on the space station. What was it like doing it at zero gravity?” Could Clark get any redder?

“Excuse me?”

“Oh, don’t worry, Lois. Your secret is safe with me. No one would believe it anyway- Ice Maiden.” Now Lois was red. “What?” Lois fumed at Clark when he looked at her. She spun away. She had work to do
HAHA!
“I’d better phone it in.” Clark began to flip open his cell phone.

“No!” Lois laid her hands on his stopping his actions. Clark couldn’t report on his own activities! Someone was bound to realize Clark Kent wasn’t actually there and put two and two together. “Clark, if you phone it in, they’ll just re-write you. Best thing to do is get to the Planet as fast as possible and start typing. Hey, take my cab. Go on.”

“Lois, I appreciate it. I owe you one.” Yes he did, and he didn’t even know it. The second Clark was out of sight, Lois pulled her cell phone from her purse, speed dialed the Planet, and quickly filled Doris in on the story. She was saving Clark. So why did she feel so guilty? She tossed and turned all night.
I love the twist!

This story is really zooming along.
I love how you include exact peices from the show, but twist them into something different - Lois' angle to protect Clark, not to get Superman first only for her personal and reporter reasons.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard