I'm so glad Clark ended up on the Daily Planet staff, even if it involved Lois scaring off two employees (I'm totally not surprised, though!). I like how you kept the dynamic we saw between them in S1 - I know Lois is doing it partially to protect her image, but at the same time, I see some underlying truth in her words. No matter what, Clark is still competition to her, even if they have been friends for years.

I just want to kick Clark for not being honest with Lois! He's known Lois for so long, so I don't understand why he just doesn't tell her the truth. I think he would know her enough by now that it would be obvious she wouldn't turn him into a story. Although, she DID just steal his story, so... I think that will have definite repercussions on their relationship, but I do like how she was doing it to protect his identity, and not just out of spite for getting their first. That really shows how much Lois cares about him (even if he doesn't realize it until later).

I'm really curious as to how their relationship with progress now that Lois seems to be showing a lot of interest in Superman. I don't think Clark is going to see her feelings like Lois hopes he will. I just hope it doesn't take them as long to get together as it did in the show! smile

Very well done and I'm definitely looking forward to how everything with Trask will end in your story! I'm assuming that you'll be taking us back to Smallville and maybe there will be some revelations going on, too.