Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#42092 04/17/07 07:21 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
It seems somewhat poor to start a FDK thread for a story as good as this one with such poor FDK, but I couldn't let it sit feedback-less any longer.

That was a great story, you guys! It'd be hard to point out the best parts since it was all soooo good. But I must say I really liked this:

Only now she knew precisely what he was searching for.

A new speechwriter, no doubt.
LOL!

Lois grinned. "That's the way all love stories should end, don't you think?" Lois stomped down on the gas pedal and pealed out of the showroom through the open doors, heedless of the obstacles in their path. "With a really cool car."
Perfect way to end this story, going back to the car metaphor.

I hope this isn't the last story you two write together!!!

Cris
#42093 04/17/07 07:40 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wooo!! Great ending ladies! I loved it. What a great ending! It made me smile and giggle a little and left me with some warm fuzzies as well.

You guys should team up more often. laugh Or both of you just write more stories on your own. Either way I'll be happy.

Regardless, this one made me really happy and helped to pass the time at work. So thank you guys for writing it and sharing it with us. clap

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#42094 04/17/07 07:50 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ahh... *sigh* Such a boo-ti-ful ending! laugh

One of my favourite parts:

Clark opened the passenger-side door and climbed inside. "Hey, I did help you win this car, you know. So, technically, half of this baby is mine."

"That's some technicality, Kent," she bantered--and the smile on his face showed that he was loving every minute of it. "I think you're dreaming, or maybe even delirious from fish-poisoning." She buckled up and inserted the key.

"But what if I have a hot date and need some wheels?" he asked, straight-faced. "In fact, it's probably not too late for me to go get a certain phone number out of the trash."

"Don't you even think about it." She glowered at him out of the corner of her eye. "This may 'technically' be *our* car, but the only hot date you're going to take anywhere in this car is me."

Clark's low rumble of laughter warmed her heart. "I wouldn't have it any other way."
So cute! *sigh* Wonderful story guys. You definitely should write together more often... (hint hint...)

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#42095 04/17/07 07:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awww!!! I just finished reading the whole story - started during my lunch hour and... well... there were... um... you know, unit tests running on my workstation... for some reason... so I just kept on reading until I got to the end. blush

I laughed, I aawww'ed, I got tears in my eyes even. laugh Such a great story!! Really, absolutely wonderful!

*dreamy sigh*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#42096 04/17/07 08:31 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
LOL! I love the ending. Sweet and funny.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#42097 04/17/07 12:40 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it immensely smile thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#42098 04/17/07 12:53 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I really enjoyed this story, you guys! It had a little bit of everything in it. After reading this part, I turned all waffy inside. And I agree that you two should write more stuff together. Very well done. And I hope to see more!

Lola

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

#42099 04/17/07 01:29 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Having read it on the DVD last year, and having been swamped for the last week, I haven't been doing well with feedback, but I can't let this one go by without saying how much I enjoyed it. It had a little of everything, including both humor and waffs. Very nice work. laugh

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#42100 04/17/07 01:57 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Like Nan, I read this on DVD last year. But it has stayed with me. And I'd like to let you know, once again, how much I enjoyed it.

It's one of those stories that is nice to fall asleep after reading. It leaves the reader giving a well-satisfied sigh.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#42101 04/17/07 04:15 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww! I don't even know how to leave sufficient feedback. I loved it! That was a perfect ending. The whole story was great, so incredibly WAFFy, but with a fair amount of angst to allow us to appreciate the WAFF even more! The last line with the car metaphor was wonderful and I sort of loved Dealin' Dan being so fed up with them. goofy

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#42102 04/17/07 04:47 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I read it on the CD but I just want you to know, I'd love a sequil. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#42103 04/17/07 06:55 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Clark, you might want to remember that if you want to get into *very* close proximity with a girl, chances are that she will be able to trace the outline of your 'S' shield through your shirt.... goofy

Ah, but after a lot of trial and tribulations and an amazing smooch-a-thon, Clark and Lois have really kissed themselves the right to drive off into the sunset in their deceptively boring-looking grey sedan (and Dealin' Dan will be so relieved to see them go). Ah, but... that sedan... it may look grey and modest on the outside, but oh! What surprises it hides inside its conservative grey suit...eh... bodywork. (Did I say bodywork? Hush... shh... this isn't the nfic folder... so Lois and Clark get to have some real privacy when they do whatever they might do, after they have driven their grey sedan into the sunset and into the land of Oz. At the very least, if nothing else happens, there will most certainly be very many more smoochies!)

What a delightful story, Erin and CC! thumbsup clap

Ann

#42104 04/19/07 12:06 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
It's indecent for me to enjoy a story as much as I enjoyed this one and not leave feedback. I kept thinking I'd come back when I had more time and could do the thing properly, but that keeps not happening, so for now, I'm just going to say that I looked forward to each and every post, and not a single one disappointed. This was a fun premise beautifully executed, with more funny lines than I could possibly quote. Masterful storytelling, ladies, and I thank you for it smile

Caroline

#42105 04/19/07 12:49 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Ladies, this story is just wonderful. Like Caroline, I looked forward to every part. It was so fresh, not to mention full of lovely waff with a dash of snark. I hope the two of you are considering penning another fic because the balance here was perfect. I loved it.

(I was really in a dilemma the day that you posted a chapter at the same time Sue posted one! I was at work and shouldn't be reading at all, much less two, so what to do??? In the end, I read them both anyway. :p )

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#42106 04/19/07 01:40 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you, everyone!

I am reserving this spot for more and better comments on your comments.

So, for now, I'll just say how glad I am you enjoyed this. That's all due to Erin. The idea was solely hers, and she had to pull me along (I'm sloooooow) and then push me back on track more times than I can count. Hard exercise. Thank goodness she's the World's. Nicest. Person.

Though, I gotta say, she's not above threats of violence... wink

Thank you!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#42107 04/19/07 01:40 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ack! Double Post!! But, hey, the thread count is that much higher...

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#42108 04/19/07 02:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ack! I had this all typed up earlier this morning and there was a little glitch and my internet shut down, so I lost it. So let's try it again...

Okay, I'm so bad... I'll admit... I didn't come in on this story until the last couple of posts. But ladies -- you hooked me!

In the meantime (since losing my original message) I went and hunted down my DVD so I could sit down and enjoy this fic in all it's HTML glory. <g> I'm really enjoying it so far and I just had to leave you some fdk (even if I haven't finished it yet). Awesome idea ladies!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#42109 04/19/07 02:29 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A terrific ending to a terrific story. I've been reading each fic as they come. But I'm terrible when it comes to fdk and it's possible I didn't leave any earlier.

But I *loved* the revelation scene. I knew there was a reason he wore the suit to the kiss-off. laugh

If you ever decide to write a sequel, I'll be one of the first in line. thumbsup

Sam notworthy

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
#42110 04/19/07 03:34 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Like DJ, I came into this story late, so I hadn't been providing feedback on each part, but I just HAD to comment on the final one. This story was so well done, ladies! I loved the original premise and Jimmy and Perry's scheming.

The ending was absolutely perfect and the WAFF was fantastic!

#42111 04/20/07 07:01 AM
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Well, I just read this in its entirety and have one thing to say:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

This was great. Sweet, angsty, sad, angry, funny, beautiful. And I adore that last line!!! Yes, all love stories should end with a really cool car.

And the fact that Jimmy and Perry set them up? Priceless! I laughed so hard when Jimmy went into Perry's office after he flirted with Lois!

Beautiful job, ladies. I concur with all the rest -- you should write more together!

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard