Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So that’s it. That’s all. Hope I managed to keep all of you with me throughout this little romp. And that you’ve enjoyed learning how Lois ended up with Clark’s coffee and Clark ended up with Lois’ donut when they were going up in the elevator after their honeymoon laugh

The interesting part to me is that it never even occurred to me that this story answered the above question until after the story was finished and I started thinking about that little scene where Lois and Clark switch the coffee and donut back. But when the idea did come to me, I just couldn’t resist adding it and suddenly, it became the focal point of the entire story. Funny how writing goes sometimes, isn’t it? :rolleyes:

Oh, and I’m in awe of the way you guys seemed to figure out what was happening. At first, I thought Paul was going to get it. He seemed to be heading in that direction, and then he sort of veered off course. Then Queen of Capes came pretty close - suggesting that a neighbor had stolen Herb’s soul tracker and thought it was a calculator. Then Mervoparkite seemed to play with the idea that it was Herb’s fault. But Noetal was the first one to nail it right on the head with this comment:

Clearly, Herb is accidentally sending them jumping all over the place because he’s not paying attention to what he’s doing.
Congrats, guys. I’m in awe. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay - this is a much better ending than the one you would have left us with in the last part!!

Herb, herb, herb... will he never learn?!?!

ML - I loved this and I guess we won't have to come after you now smile .

It was wonderful and I didn't have any trouble keeping up with the jumps etc.

So, what's next on your plate? Hmmmm?
Carol

Merriwether
Merriwether
Great ending.

Herb, didn't your mother ever teach you not to keep things that don't belong to you. Shame on you.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap clap
Fantastic story, ML.
“If it’s Dan, tell him I’m not here.”

“What?” Clark asked.
mecry
After a long time, she got on with her life
With Dan. OK, if Clark wasn't around, I could see how Lois would think his attraction to her was flattering and he was funny and looked enough like Clark to be deemed good-looking ... OK, I'll buy it.
Quantum Leap? Yes, I believe that was the name of the show. I especially liked the episode where Sam meets a young woman who, once he changes the past, becomes his wife. I thought she was an amazing actress.”
I remember watching some Quantum Leap, but don't remember this episode. I feel an inside joke here - who was the actress?
She glanced down at the coffee in her hand. This wasn’t right. She’d had a donut. Giving her head a slight shake, she quickly exchanged her coffee for Clark’s donut. How on Earth had that happened? That kiss in the elevator must have been more intense than she’d realized. Although...
What a great way to explain the swap. I love it.
Lois laughed. “At least you’ve got that right, poolboy.”

Clark pulled back, looking at her curiously. “What did you just call me?” he asked as a minor time quake rippled through Utopia.
laugh

I hope it won't be too long before we get another story from you in the future.
BJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh ML! That was wonderful! Yay! Too much fun. And I just love blaming things on Wells myself...it's way to fun. Glad he got to take the wrap for this one <snicker>.

Thanks for an awesome and thought provoking story!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Blogger
Blogger
Quantum Leap? Yes, I believe that was the name of the show. I especially liked the episode where Sam meets a young woman who, once he changes the past, becomes his wife. I thought she was an amazing actress.”

I remember watching some Quantum Leap, but don't remember this episode. I feel an inside joke here - who was the actress?
BJ, in that particular episode of Quantum Leap, Teri played the role of Sam Beckett's future wife. smile

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
BJ, in that particular episode of Quantum Leap, Teri played the role of Sam Beckett's future wife.
:rolleyes: I should have guessed.
BJ

Merriwether
Merriwether
Hurrah! This is a much better ending than part 10. I didn't catch the soul tracker at all, but that means it was a surprise for me. smile And I like the epilogue!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Blogger
Blogger
Oh, Herb. We still love you even if you did almost cause the destruction of Utopia. Haha.

What a wonderful story, ML! I'm definitely glad you didn't leave off where you threatened to. wink

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OK, make Herb lock up his toys when they are not absolutely nessisary!!!

Great ending to a wonderful story!

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! This is a *MUCH* better ending! goofy

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! Fun story!

Yeah, I was heading in the direction of Herb, but I wasn't sure. It seemed too easy, in a way. And there were so many other possibilities.

Anyway, great idea!

I am a little confused about why Herb had to go slip Lois that pill if he was going to undo them ever having lept anyway. But this time travel stuff is just confusing.

Love the QL reference, though!

Just too bad they couldn't have kept some of those changes, like Mayson living.

So... whatever happened with Wells and the reestablished Utopian council? Does he get a reprieve for his little "oops"? Can he still conduct his little experiments?

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
Hurray for ML! Whew! Much better ending than after part 10. Thank you so much for such a wonderful revisiting of key times in LnC's history, and for the non-Tank ending. hail

You are truly the best, ML.

“If it’s Dan, tell him I’m not here.”
See? Even Lois agrees. I'm sorry, but he's the kind of guy that is too...light for a real relationship. Kind of like when you're a kid, you like eating sugar straight out of the bowl, but now that you're an adult, you (1) can't stand the thought of that much sugar, or (2) you know that you really shouldn't eat sugar like that.

Anyway, gotta go. Thanks again, ML, for such a wonderful story.

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Blogger
Blogger
razz

“What?” Lois exclaimed, jumping to her feet. “Were you watching us in the honeymoon suite?”

“No. I assure you, I did no such thing!” Wells objected, looking aghast that they could even think such a thing.
No, but that doesn't mean that the Utopians don't have really creepy technology that would allow them to peep. grumble

“We don’t give up - no matter what Dr. Klein might tell us.” She cupped his face in her hands. “I want you to listen to me, Clark. I mean, really listen. You and I are going to have babies together. I promise.”
Awww! At least something good came of all this!

Lois laughed. “At least you’ve got that right, poolboy.”

Clark pulled back, looking at her curiously. “What did you just call me?” he asked as a minor time quake rippled through Utopia.
jump And all the Utopian councilors look out the window to see a massive pentagonal pool with an S-Shield incribed on the bottom where the Headquarter's gardens used to be... wink

Great story, ML!
As always, I look forward to reading more of your work!

~C Noetal

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I guess we won't have to come after you now
That's a relief, Carol. I was really getting worried about the little guys with the axes. I actually think I spotted one of them the other day when I was going out to get in my car wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Just dropped in for a quick one on my way back to the road, but I couldn't leave this story alone. I read all the posts in order in one sitting, and they're marvelous. ML, you have once again presented us with an imaginative, well-written, well-crafted story, where all the characters act like they're supposed to act, and where the ending is both reasonable and emotionally satisfying.

Your idea that Kryptonian males have a fertility cycle is so very innovative, so much so that I wish I'd thought of it first. I applaud your brilliance. hyper

Great job! This is going on my 2007 Kerth noms list before I forget about it. My only problem is which category to place it in.

Maybe I'll put it in more than one. You okay with that?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just read the whole thing, WOW!

very well done.

Though, I think I will be emotionally scarred forever at the images brought to mind by Mayson and Scardino together and with Lois waking up next to a naked Dan shock

But it was a wonderful story.

James, who was driving at the time that Elisabeth read the scene were we find out about Mayson and Dan. /me wipes the sweat from brow. That was a close one.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Your idea that Kryptonian males have a fertility cycle is so very innovative, so much so that I wish I'd thought of it first. I applaud your brilliance.
Thanks, Terry. But it isn't an original idea. On the other hand, I'd love to see a story based on that premise. I think it's a great explanation for why Dr. Klein got it wrong laugh

But I'm glad that you enjoyed the story. Oh, and feel free to applaud my brilliance any time you like wink

Though, I think I will be emotionally scarred forever at the images brought to mind by Mayson and Scardino together and with Lois waking up next to a naked Dan
Just don't send me the therapy bills laugh .

ML wave

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks to Queen of Capes, I can now give you the first story I read that mentions Clark's cycle.

Time After Time

It is the second story in season five. I'm pretty sure I've come across the idea in other stories since then, but am not sure which ones they are.

ML wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story, ML. Well done. I had my suspicions about old Herb about midway through.
Keep 'em coming.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard