Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#41843 04/12/07 02:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But I was totally expecting this not to surprise you at all - because I thought you knew it was coming.
Hmmm... I don’t remember if you told me about the possible Tank Ending or not. Bad memory... <Giggles> Hmmm.... But now that I think about it more, I do have this vague recollection of you mentioning a Tank Ending. Hmmm.... Well, it must have worked because look at all this feedback you've gotten.

Oh, and I wasn’t upset - just very surprised.
But I did put a note! Shortly after posting it (and seeing the panicky fdk) I went back and added "NOT" to the end -- The End...NOT! <shrug>
I guess I must have been in dense mode then because I just read it as there would eventually be another story coming - not that this wasn’t actually the end. When I read in the FDK thread that it really wasn’t the end, I was so relieved!

I am fascinated by the way TANK has become a Genre in herself ...
Hehe... Tank might take exception to being called a her. (But how would you know if you hadn’t actually seen that somewhere. Interesting though how we sometimes see people.)

DJ, you made me swear, outloud (there were no witnesses, thank goodness), but you made me swear!
NO! James swore? I’m devastated... wink

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#41844 04/12/07 03:56 PM
Columnist
Columnist
[Linked Image] How long has it been since I've left feedback? I've been horrible about it. I'm still here and loving this story, though!

That was so, so evil! This better get fixed, and it better get fixed quick! I'll be waiting wink

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#41845 04/12/07 04:16 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I am fascinated by the way TANK has become a Genre in herself ...
Were you in confusion as to the gender of Tank, or the gender of a genre, which would probably be itself?

But, yeah, Tank is a guy, and undoubtedly deserves his own genre.

Just checked, and nowhere in the profile does it ask for gender, so you could fool everyone if you wanted to.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#41846 04/12/07 04:20 PM
Columnist
Columnist
evil The graemlin says it all!

Okay, you've had your fun...now get back here and end this story for real! I can't wait to read the conclusion!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#41847 04/12/07 04:25 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Laura said:

I was getting more and more frantic as I read, watching the scroll bar get smaller and smaller as I read down the page
That's exactly what I was doing!

I read this part after the 'not' was added, but if I had read it before, I don't think I would have been mad, just confused, because I have a hard time imagining either of you ending a story that way. So I'm very glad this isn't the end and that we have one more part coming. I'm looking forward to it!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#41848 04/12/07 04:26 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Just checked, and nowhere in the profile does it ask for gender, so you could fool everyone if you wanted to.
What I find amusing is that, in all this time, no one has ever figured out that DJ is, in fact, a man. eek

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#41849 04/12/07 04:40 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Have been lurking and reading all parts of the story. Just wanted to pop in and say, "WOW!"

Actually, I didn't catch part 23 before the "NOT" was added, so I realized it was not the end, but you left me a little worried there for a while. Now I want to know how (or if) Lois will get her memories back. Or maybe she is just temporarily blocking them due to being electrocuted (the brain would take a while to recover)?

As a sidenote,
but I did see the other one out at the same time (cannot remember title now but had Kate Blanchet and Jim Carey)...
wasn't that "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", with Kate Winslet? It came out in 2004.

malu

#41850 04/12/07 05:55 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
What I find amusing is that, in all this time, no one has ever figured out that DJ is, in fact, a man.
NOO! the horrors. jawdrop

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

#41851 04/12/07 06:23 PM
Kerth
Kerth
NOO! the horrors.
I wonder what other rumors I could start about DJ? Did you know that she's expecting? Yeah, neither did she. shock

Sue (on-call tonight and currently sitting at her desk as she watches the server slowly circle the drain while she waits for the &*%^$ vendor to call her back)

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#41852 04/12/07 06:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wonder what other rumors I could start about DJ? Did you know that she's expecting? Yeah, neither did she. [Shock]
rotflol
Hey, all it takes is a big congratulations thread in the off-topic forum.

Man, I get so mean after midnight. laugh

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#41853 04/12/07 07:28 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
It's the first male pregnancy. Oh my! (Who's the father/mother?)

This would have been cool on April Fool's

#41854 04/12/07 11:48 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL
Im sorry bout the gender thing.... don't know why I thought that, but I did write in the post that I only had a hunch, and wasn't sure... LOL

now if only I could immortalise myself into a genre of my own...
OH wait,... what would it be called... the BEETHOVEN?
LOL
but I don't think I'm creative enough...

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
#41855 04/13/07 12:24 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I do hope this part was inked, typed, whatever, before I made that comment about making Lois forget Clark. blush laugh

Can't wait for part 24.

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
#41856 04/13/07 01:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<DJ stumbles into the thread feeling a bit of identity crisis...>

Now let's see... did DJ stand for Donna Jane? Or maybe that was Donald James???

ACK! No one was supposed to know about that pregnancy! Now I'll be dissected like a frog...

ROTFLOL!!!!

<DJ pauses for a moment and laughs some more...>

You guys are hilarious! It seems while I was off in the land of the sandman last night that you all were in here having a party without me!

<DJ checks thread again... eyes almost bug out of her head...>

HOLY FREAKIN HECK!!!

This thread is 2 pages long!!!! <DJ does happy dance> I've never had a fdk thread that went 2 pages long before!!!

Heh....

Maybe I should shock and disturb you guys more often...

ACK! I'm kidding! Kidding I say! Put down those pitchforks. Sheesh!

But wow, seriously, I'm basking in the afterglow here. drool

Okay, okay, back to the reason I came in here - to answer fdk!

Hi Jessi! I've missed you! I'm so glad you came to leave fdk this time. <g> Yes, it was evil. And yes, I will fix it soon. I plan to fix it sometime today. <g>

Hah, Woody, yes... you can fool everyone if you wanted to... obviously <snort>.

Hi Symbolic! Eeeek! You brought out the heavy guns! You sent a graemlin after me - eeeek! It's coming soon!

Hi Lisa! I was missing you! I'm so glad you know us both well enough by now to realize we wouldn't have ended a story like that.... especially not that abruptly. <g> Thank you!!!

Ahhhh... and I see this is where things went horribly, horribly wrong... <snort> SUE! You aren't supposed to be telling them my secrets!!! :p LOL! But I have to say, that was pretty freakin hilarious. goofy

Hi Malu! I'm so glad you decided to delurk! Yay! You will find out very, very soon, just what exactly was going on. <g> And yes, I think that was the movie. <g>

NOO! the horrors.
LOL! rotflol Oh Woody. <snort> Too funny.

Sue! Ack! <DJ runs into the bath to do a quick pregnancy test... five minutes later...> Phew! You scared me there for a second <snort> Don't DO THAT! LOL! Sorry you had to go into work last night at like midnight! That sucks! But glad you seemed to be enjoying yourself <snort>.

Oh no! Jen! Don't you dare suggest someone start a congratulations thread! Eeep! <Something tells DJ she should check the off top forum when she gets out of here...>

<DJ dances again as she clicks "page 2"...>

Woody! LOL <snort!> Ha ha ha! Yes, it would have been a cool one... maybe next year <g>

Hi Beethoven! Oh, don't apologize at all... this has been hilarious! Hee hee...

Hi Sammy! Yes, this part had actually been inked (in the form of an outline with blurbs and indecipherable chicken scratching...) since almost the beginning of the story. <g> Thanks! And part 24 is coming soon.

WOW! Thank you for the additional comments everyone! And for the party in my thread!!! LOL! What a fun way to wake up in the morning! WOW!

Part 24 will be up soon!

<DJ staggers out of the thread still laughing and still in shock...>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#41857 04/13/07 01:35 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Slick thumbsup
doublel

#41858 04/13/07 01:49 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
laugh laugh blush blush laugh laugh wink huh rotflol
New genre:
the METROPOLITAN (my Darling Jeep) RODEO Roller-Coaster...

come ride the newest, fastest, meanest Roller-coaster in Metropolis...
As the adds say:
Sit in your Jeep-cherokee and enjoy the finest things metropolis has to offer, including
" * twisting and turning through our Tunnel of LOVE,
* death-defying drops, and ghoulish ghost-trains filled with villainous vampires
THEN
* when you least expect it....
the M(DJ)R appears to return to the Tunnel of Love- but in actuality...approaches the Hobbs River-Rapids Ride, the tracks actually run into the water (getting us all wet with angry blood, sweat, and tears) as we are soaked in TANK-water (which tank? you may ask... septic or rain water?.... that is up to your interpretation of what TANK water is)

Until when we are about to give up holding our breath from fear of drowning in the TANK-water,
THE M(DJ)R roller-coaster brings us once again up the banks of the river and through a shower of (something as of yet not judged as it is undetermined) back through the tunnel of love and finishing up clean and dry, basking in sunshine glittering in a warm glow off the Globe outside of the Daily-Plannet

a.k.a. the PSEUDO-TANK....

Shorter Definition: One wild ride through literature, where the reader is thrilled to bits as they are given a twist in the tail before the tunnel-of-love turns into the UNEXPECTED Ghost-Train and then back into the Tunnel-of-love
wink rotflol

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
#41859 04/13/07 01:54 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hope you enjoyed that little aside...
if not... tough! drool waiting on chapter #24

#41860 04/13/07 05:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Sue S.:

Sue (on-call tonight and currently sitting at her desk as she watches the server slowly circle the drain while she waits for the &*%^$ vendor to call her back)
Oh, I know what you mean. For the last 10 years, I spend about 4 days a month, watching the pixels dance on my screen, telling me that yet another report actually finished processing and was being downloaded to the server. Oh, Joy!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#41861 04/13/07 05:45 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Classicalla:
DJ, you made me swear, outloud (there were no witnesses, thank goodness), but you made me swear!
NO! James swore? I’m devastated... wink
Now, mind you it was a one word swear. And was the line that did it...

She connected with it and it popped up out of his hand... only to be caught by the other one.
DANG! Whoops, sorry, it slipped out again blush ...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#41862 04/13/07 06:22 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay! Whew! What a morning!

It's lunchtime here and guess what?

Well? Come on guess!

Hmmmm.... yes, I think you've got it!

Yep! That's right! The final part is ready! Wahoo!!!

It seems the party in my thread has continued on this morning <giggles>....

Hi Doublel!!! <g> I'm posting soon.

Hi Beethoven! LOL! Your two posts totally cracked me up! I have my own rollercoaster now! Yippee! I'm always saying to hang on for the ride or buckle your safety belts... glad to know I have my own ride. <g> I'm glad your imagination got a chance to stretch it's legs... I'm getting ready to post 24 right now...

Hi James!!! That was the line that caused the choice expletive? LOL!!!! lol Oh, thank you for sharing that. <still giggling> That's great. <g>

Okay, everyone. The moment of truth. I'm getting ready to go open the final post and get it all spiffied up.

<DJ hesitantly begins copying and pasting the text....>

It's really over... <sniffle>

Maybe I could just postpone it another day... one more day... they wouldn't kill me, would they?

<DJ runs out of thread, laughing maniacally...>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard