Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So... what do you think? Will they or won't they? And if they do, will it destroy Utopia?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
dance dance dance

Yaaaaaaaay!! More fic!!

“Early years?” Laddy said dryly. “Try always.”
rotflol

I have this mental image now of a Utopian scientist, clipboard in hand, taking Lois and Clark back through time and asking them to make love so he can find out if Lois dies...

Somehow, I suspect this *isn't* Tempus. Not sure why, but I guess mostly because we haven't seen hyde nor hair of him yet. IIRC, usually when Tempus is behind something, he spends at least a couple scenes gloating and/or laughing maniacally.

Will Lois get knocked up?? And come to think of it; at fifteen, isn't she still a---um---y'know? *cough*

Is this the 70s or the 80s, BTW?

Ooh! Maybe Lois and Clark will have a shotgun wedding!! But will past-Clark remember what happened, and that it's his baby? Will there even *be* a baby? Will the Utopians jump in their Time-Mobile and go to stop them before it's too late?? Though, that'd be awkward, wouldn't it...

Argh! Post Mooooooore, pleeeeeease!!! grovel

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think you'll make them not just to drive us carzy. I hope they do. Clark still loses his virginity to Lois and Lois to him. Nicer all around. What can it change? It means Clark will either have to forget it in the near future and not temp fait by being tempted because he knows now what it feels like, or he remembers and no one compairs so he waits anyway. Lois on the other hand can now avoid her federal disasters and wait for him. She can still be hurt by Claude by her refusing to sleep with him and him dumping her for it, or she sleeps with him anyway and the same thing happens. Of course they will probably hop before it happens. Eternally teased, wouldn't Tempus love that? No way can she get pregnant, that would change way too much of the future, unless she loses the baby and that would be to tragic to deal with in this story. I am looking forward to what you decide. Of course naughty has my vote ;-)Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
laugh I'm loving this--now that they have found each other. I hope they get to stay togeather (unlikely I know!!)

“Who’s this?” Lana asked.

Clark gave Lois an apologetic look before releasing her to turn towards Lana. “This is a friend of mine from Metropolis.”

“Really?” Lana said, her eyes quickly sizing Lois up. “How good a friend?”

“A very good friend,” Lois couldn’t help but respond, even as she reached over, slipping her hand in the back pocket of Clark’s jeans in a blatant show of ownership.
Lois never shared well. . .did she?

“We are probably jumping at the same time. But that still doesn’t tell us what’s going on.”

“It’s got to be Tempus. After all, who else do we know who’s into time travel?”

“Not to mention trying to ruin our lives. But... have you seen him at all since you started leaping?”

She shook her head.

“Me neither.”

“So... any idea how we stop this?”
Why do I get the feeling that Tempus didn't directly cause this--Didn't part one imply that Herb did something that got him in trouble? If he did he had better hide from Lois--She'll kill him when she finds out! mad

More Please! grovel
Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It was fun to see them actually 'together' at the same time. The hows and whys of this story have me completely baffled.

This has been and most likely will continue to be a fun ride, but I don't expect the two teenagers to comsumate their love, as it were. It doesn't matter who they are inside, right now physically they are both underaged and even if its consensual, it's still statuatory rape. Not the most romantic of situations.

Looking forward to more.

Tank (who wonders what might happen if Lois jumps into the critical moment of TOGoM)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I'm tired and should be logging off soon, but I had to drop in once again to let you know I'm still reading and enjoying. No further speculations at this time, however.

It's strange that they can track L&C's souls but not do anything for them. And I'm curious about that initial council meeting. But I don't have enough to work with there, just yet.

As for the curse... it's not a problem. It was there, but they went back in time and stopped it from ever being cast. So it's no longer in continuity. Lois, Clark, and Herb know it was once there. These observers of time could know about it, due to their special position (although even that's tricky, because with the curse in effect, utopia could never have been founded). No one else even knows about it. For all intents and purposes, it never existed.

Anyway, some good progress here. Nice to see Lana go away, and even better to know that she was about due to go away. Like Clark, I like this way better, too. laugh

But I am a little concerned about L&C making out at this point. Consequences, etc. If, for example, they fall asleep in each other's arms and then jump out during the night, that could make things very difficult for their teenaged selves. I can see teenage Lois deciding that she'd been drugged, and the whole thing being a very scarring experience for her. Just as traumatic for Clark, too, though he'd react differently, I expect.

Well, hopefully, they won't go that far. I have noticed your tendency to end parts on little cliffhangers like that, only to have things work out after all. So, we'll see.

Looking forward to the next part, when it's ready. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Blogger
Blogger
I love this part! We finally get to see Lane and Kent putting their heads together to try and solve this latest bizarre kidnapping attempt, instead of being jerked all around their personal timeline. Then again, given that the only repercussions we have seen so far have been little time quakes and a single change of paint color, I have a feeling that our intrepid reporters haven't encountered their real challenge yet.

Lois and Clark so far have always jumped before we can see what the cumulative effects of their history rewrites. I'm really curious to see some of the immediate aftermath. Then again, they keep changing so many things in so many places, that immediate aftermath might be constantly changing anyway.

I keep waiting for the changes Lois and Clark are making to catch up with them. If these time quakes are rippling all the way forward to Utopia, why aren't Lois and Clark yet affected by these changes? At what point will "Married Clark" remember saving Mayson? Is he going to remember saving Mayson? Or are they like the Utopian councilors whose memories don't appear to be affected by the time changes?

“Clark, what are you doing with that... that... girl?” Lois heard Lana hiss. “How do you even know her?”

“First, I already told you, she’s someone I met from Metropolis. And second... aren’t you the one who told me a couple of weeks ago when Bobby ‘Oh, He’s So Delicious’ asked you to go to the ball game that we aren’t exclusive?”

Lois tried, quite unsuccessfully, to fight back a snort of laughter. She knew she’d failed when Lana shot her a look that could easily kill.

“But you’re here with me,” Lana whined, lowering her voice and turning both her and Clark slightly away from Lois.

“Look, I didn’t plan to run into her,” Clark said, not following Lana’s lead of keeping his voice down. “But now that I have, I’m going to spend some time talking to her. Go back to the campfire, Lana. I’ll see you later.”
Love this! Way to put her in her place! It's refreshing to see Clark refuse to try to placate Lana.

It would be hard enough knowing those things they needed to know to minimize any damage done to the past.

Although, what exactly they could do, none of them had any idea.
Well, if they’re really worried about it, they should send in H.G. Wells. It’s not like he doesn’t have experience with such delicate matters. blush

Maybe someone should start flipping some coins to see if they can save Utopia. laugh

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
ML, what a fabulous story and a great premise! Of course I love everything you write, but this is really fascinating and I especially like that the teenaged Lois and Clark were actually in the same place at the same time and never knew it. The way their eyes met and they instantly recognized each other was perfect.

I don't think they'll consummate their relationship now. One or both of them will realize that it will change their pasts too much; I'm betting on Clark, but poor guy, he's really having a hard time resisting so much temptation in so many situations. Although of course I'm enjoying how turned on they are by pretty much anything the other does at this point.

Can't wait to see what happens next. More please!

Vicki

P.S. I recently read your newest archive story when Kal comes to earth and needs Lois's help - it was marvelous. I'll send you an e-mail about that when I can. smile

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I have this mental image now of a Utopian scientist, clipboard in hand, taking Lois and Clark back through time and asking them to make love so he can find out if Lois dies...
razz

Laura, I have to admire how in one paragraph you manage to try to consider all the possible consequences of what Lois and Clark may or may not do. laugh

Lois never shared well. . .did she?
laugh

right now physically they are both underaged and even if its consensual, it's still statuatory rape.
Actually, Tank, it’s not quite that simple. The age of consent in New Troy is 14 (with certain exceptions). The reason I know this is that I was amazed to discover that the laws on consent in New Troy are the same as they are in Canada laugh . If you want to more information on the laws regarding consent in Canada, go here: web page (but be sure to read the disclaimer). However, I believe there is currently a bill before the house to raise the age to 16, with an exception for people who are over 14 and less than five years apart in age. I don’t know the details or current status of that bill.

As far as the US is concerned... It is my understanding that the age of consent varies between 14 and 18 depending on the State (as well as other factors). For more info on that, go here: web page (Disclaimer: This should not be taken as legal advice since I’m not qualified to practice American law and can not vouch for the accuracy of the website.)

However, none of that should be taken to mean that Lois and Clark will consummate their relationship at this point - or for that matter, that they won’t wink .

who wonders what might happen if Lois jumps into the critical moment of TOGoM
Hmmm... laugh

Paul, glad you think the curse issue isn’t a problem. I was concerned when I read the comments in the last thread and realized I hadn’t even considered that problem. Hence, the comments in this section were added.

I keep waiting for the changes Lois and Clark are making to catch up with them. If these time quakes are rippling all the way forward to Utopia, why aren't Lois and Clark yet affected by these changes? At what point will "Married Clark" remember saving Mayson? Is he going to remember saving Mayson?
Don’t worry, Noetal. I do deal with that issue later on.

Maybe someone should start flipping some coins to see if they can save Utopia.
wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Columnist
Columnist
Hi ML,

Just a quick note to say I've caught up with this fic and how much I'm enjoying it. smile

You are giving our favourite couple a hard time, but keeping your readers guessing too. wink

Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As for the curse:

Timeline 1: The curse is cast. At any point from then on, when L&C's souls touch (during consummation), it goes into effect and Lois dies. So when Lulu and the Lone Rider sneak off behind the barn or whatever... curse strikes. In this timeline, Utopia is never founded because Lois dies during L&C's honeymoon. (Or, if it is founded, it's founded by Joe Slabontnik.)

HG Wells discovers this. He goes back in time, talks to L&C, takes them back with the Soul Tracer, and prevents the curse from ever being cast.

Timeline 2: The curse was never cast. Lulu and the Lone Rider can ride off into the sunset with no problem. Especially now that the Lone Rider beat Tempus Tex (as a result of the second Soul Mates trip). L&C can safely consummate any time they want. Utopia is founded. Lois, Clark, and Wells, having been displaced in time (and having been the ones to make the change) know that there had been a curse, but they're the only ones. As far as anyone else is concerned, it never happened.

Technically, the Utopian council shouldn't even know about it, but they're special because they have all this time travel monitoring stuff and they've talked to Wells, so there's a chance that they could know.

However... The answer given to the objection isn't that L&C's souls from the point in time after Soul Mates can safely consummate. It's that, now that they went back in time to prevent the curse, they're fine at any point in time. Does that make sense?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, Jenni.

Oh, and Paul, I do think that makes sense (at least as much as anything else seems to make when it comes to time travel laugh ). I might try to revise my comments in that last section to reflect your explanation a little bit more.

ML wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard