Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh Labrat!!! That was great. thumbsup Poor Lucy... I can't say that I blame her for snapping at Lois in the end. She really was out of control.

But really.... you can't leave us there! grovel More please? laugh

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Hee! Well, this may be terribly lazy of me, but I worked so hard months ago at feedbacking this story, so I'm just going to link to my original fdk . But, hey, I'm just saving you all the time and effort of hunting out the post from so long ago. wink

I really, really enjoyed this one, Lab! Great humor!! notworthy

And I hope Kelly posts her equally brilliant trailer soon!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful Labby. it has ben so long since I've read anything new from you. I loved it. I sure would love an epilogue though<g> Laura

Clark: β€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Jojo, Sarah and Laura - I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can't promise an epilogue or sequel, I'm afraid - as my writing career appears to be over. Or, at least, on longterm hiatus. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hah! Labby that was delightful! What a wonderful story to begin my day with. My muse has deserted me to go on vacation <mutters> something about deserving one after writing a 230 page fic. <shrug>

Anyway...

Lucy, shame on her! She just couldn't keep it to herself, could she? Poor Clark - he better hope she's never caught and tortured <snort> smile I particularly loved her jerking his glasses off his face and throwing that dirty red coat across him - look familiar? LOL!

I am sad to hear that there is no epilogue planned. I would love to see what Clark thought about the whole situation - does he come clean? Try to come up with some horrid excuse? Does Lois hurt her hand slapping him repeatedly? Sounds like your muse didn't just go on vacation - but instead moved away, changed its name, dyed its hair, and is working as a barkeep at the local pub.

<g>

Anyway, great story.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
How come you aren't writing anymore Labrat? :-(

I loved the story but what I really got upset about was that Lois didn't actually seem to care much about her little sister - I thought Clark would have really gotten mad at Lois for not being as concerned about Lucy as she should have been. But I think it was damn good of Lucy to lose her nerve at the end.

I want to see a sequel as well. Too bad you have hung up your pen.

One of my favourites, definitely.

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
*takes her daily peek into the boards* *scrolls down* New chapter.... new chapter.....new story by LabRat.....*insert sound: screeching brakes* NEW STORY BY LABRAT? razz

"Claaarrrrkk?!?"
Please tell me there will be a sequel! grovel

And please donΒ΄t stop writing!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
What extraordinarily good timing and fortune on my part this evening to check the boards after being away for such a long time to see a NEW STORY BY LABRAT!!! YIPPEE!! hyper

Labby, what a wonderful comeback (and no talk about hanging up your writing shoes - no, that didn't come out right... wink ) - this story was marvelous. Cornelia quoted some great sections and her comments echoed so many of my own thoughts and the parts that I enjoyed. As always, your quick wit is so apparent and effortless as demonstrated by not only the dialogue but also by the glimpses you give us into Clark and his longing for Lois, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. And what a wonderful portrayal of Lucy as well - she steals Lois's clothes, multiple times and is a master at rationalizing why she may as well wear the new sweater (how dare Lois mock her by leaving it unworn for a whole month!), goes on her merry way, is annoyed with Lois for ruining HER day rather than Lois's own (she didn't seem too concerned that Lois could have been kidnapped, did she?), and ironically is the one to not only notice Clark's feelings for Lois, but Lois's growing closeness to Clark, and of course the big discovery - SuperClark!

Loved every word of it and PLEASE don't be on hiatus for too long, Labby, even though this was completely and totally worth the wait. smile

Vicki

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry I'm tardy in responding to this! Thanks for the comments, guys – appreciated. smile

DJ: Thanks for the comments – glad you enjoyed it.

Sounds like your muse didn't just go on vacation - but instead moved away, changed its name, dyed its hair, and is working as a barkeep at the local pub.
LOL. Yeah. Somewhere in Hawaii with a cabana boy. Occasionally, just to rub it in, she sends me a postcard. Hope you're having better luck with yours.

How come you aren't writing anymore Labrat? :-(
Honestly, Little Tornado, it's a mystery to me. Back to ever since I can remember, writing's been a huge part of my daily life. I've stopped writing briefly, twice that I can recall, but never like this. I just woke up one morning and bam...had no interest in it. frown Not only do I not write, I don't think about writing. I no longer find snippets of dialogue popping into my head when I'm in the bath or doing the dishes; I don't have scenes unfold themselves in my head just before I fall asleep. And I don't even miss it. It's kind of bizarre when it's been so much a part of my life for decades. I've no idea what prompted the change.

Glad you enjoyed the story though. I'm not sure where you got the impression that Lois didn't care about Lucy, mind you. laugh When Superman phones her to tell her there's been an accident and Lucy was involved, her first response is to panic over Lucy being hurt. It's only when Clark assures her that Lucy is fine that she switches to exasperation and annoyance over the Jeep being damaged. I see that reaction much like a parent's – which is pretty much how Lois sees her relationship with Lucy, I think. Later on, as Clark himself notes, there's really nothing to suggest that Lucy is in any danger or even trouble. Lois doesn't have the advantage that Clark does, with his powers, to realize differently. When evidence does turn up though, she reacts with shock – she turns pale and has to lean on Clark for support – not really the response of someone who isn't worried or doesn't care. And later still, when Lucy has been rescued, she almost wrecks the Jeep and them with it in her attempt to find the shortest route to a hospital to have her sister checked out. goofy

ROTFL, Cornelia – thanks for the compliment. blush And the quotes. laugh I chuckled reading your responses.

Did you get that nice idea by chance from Kevin CostnerΒ΄s Robin Hood? The Ultimately Evil Sheriff of Nottingham said that in the movie. (I love him!
You know, I have no clue. I've only seen that movie once, back when it was released and I was only half paying attention then. <g> But it's always possible that it stuck in my subconscious. I remember, years ago, I named a character in one of my stories and it wasn't until years later that I saw a rerun of Woody Allen's Sleeper (again, a movie I'd only seen once, some years before the story) and was horrified to discover it was in there – mentioned only once and in passing for no more than a second. Subconsciouses are tricky things. So, I couldn't categorically deny this was the source. laugh

Vicki! How wonderful to see you back! And what a delight to find comments from you in here. Thank you! I've always enjoyed your often insightful feedback in the past – here's hoping you stick around and offer it to some more of our talented authors. You've been missing some dang good stories, girl! laugh

And I agree with you totally about Lucy, btw. She can be an exasperating little witch at times. But then, she has S1 Lois for a sister, so I guess she gets her comeuppance now and then.

Thanks again for the feedback, everyone – I had a real blast reading your comments. I may not be missing writing, but it was just like old times reading this and I realise I do miss this connection a lot. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
jawdrop ( and that's a good jawdrop )

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ROTFL, another folc. I'm glad it was a good jawdrop Thanks for the comment. smile

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Such a joy to read your fic. I'm working my way through the myriad of fics on the boards right now, but there is no way I could pass out something that you penned, Labby.

I enjoy your intro. Superman is so casual with Lucy, more so than he'd ever been with Lois. Of course, Lucy is more needy than Lois usually is during and after a crisis. Case in point:
He put down the receiver gingerly, as though it was a poisonous snake that might decide to strike and before Lois could pack another three hours worth of invective on Lucy's faults in edgeways in the two seconds it took to hang up. He glanced over at the woman sitting glumly on the sofa. "She's on her way."

Lucy nodded, staring into the depths of her coffee cup. "She was mad. Wasn't she?"

"Uh..." He scratched a finger at his temple. "No, not really. I mean..." He paused. "I've heard her madder," he finished lamely.
Jabbing insistently at the elevator call button, her mind whirled fretfully over the story she'd been in the middle of composing when Superman had called.
Yeah, that's Lois, all right.

"Clark," she said in a taut whisper, "do you realise that Superman is waiting for me. In. My. Apartment? Right. Now."
This is why I don't like first-season Lois. (I don't know why I write her so much. I really can't stand her. Especially as you write her so well.)

"...and then Stacey said, 'Wouldn't it be funny if Greg could fly like Superman?', and the next thing we knew, we were all at the top of the Embassy Tower and...CK? Hey, CK, you listening?"

(snip)

"Hey! Carl! You gotta hear about the crazy night I had last night. Wait till I tell you "
What a disturbing little exchange. Makes one wonder what the rest of it was. Hmm...

I'm going to carve out her heart with a spoon!
Yeah, that's from Robinhood, but it's such a good quote I doubt it matters. You also have one of the best lines from Pretty Woman in there, too, but I can't find it again on second glance. (Wait a minute. I read Oops today, as well. The Pretty Woman comment might have been in Oops.)

"Hi," she breathed at him, throwing him the hugest smile in her – admittedly vast and totally engaging – repertoire.

"Uh...yeah. Hi."

Oh, that was good. Very superhero. Confident. Assured. Authoritative. Not awkward at all.
They both act twitterpated.

I love how much thought goes into his decision to pick up a pizza and head to her house. I also like that she doesn't give it a second thought. And then the thought of Luthor crosses his mind.

As he headed in her wake for the kitchen, he was abruptly assaulted by a thick, cloying stench that hung in the air. New perfume? he wondered, with a grimace. It seemed heavier than anything she usually used. It was also teasingly familiar, he'd smelled it before...that sickly-sweet floral stench...and, now that he thought about it, it smelled less like expensive scent and more like strong cleaning fluid...but he couldn't place it, and before he could hunt down the elusive memory that was attached to it other considerations drew his attention.
Creepy foreshadowing.

He blinked in surprise and then swung the leather chair he'd been reclining in around and up, sitting up straight in one sharp movement.

"Ms...Lane. This is...surprising," he acknowledged. His eyes narrowed on the two men standing on the plush, crimson carpet on the other side of the bleached wood desk. "I was informed that you were currently enjoying my hospitality, Ms. Lane. Perhaps," he suggested, a low croon in his voice as he stared at his minions, "they didn't search you well enough. Perhaps they didn't take your cellphone from you. Or tied you tightly enough before they left. Tell me you're calling from where they left you, Ms Lane."

He listened. "I see." His gaze hardened. Cleaver Morganson was looking a little waxen now. "Your sister. One moment please, Ms. Lane."
What an oily, yucky bad-guy. He sure is confident--not even trying to hide what he is doing. Organized crime usually is much more subtle. Makes this guy look really, really bad.

I like the back and forth about Clark's hunch. And I always thought it very much in Lois' character to check out Clark's personnel file.

Sorry to agree with the masses, Labby, but this story screams for a fuller ending.

Elisabeth

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
"Lois? It's – uh...no...it's Superman," he said, trying not to sound startled and a little shaken by her instant misidentification.
Whoops. But that's a great point - in person she probably never noticed their voices were similar because the message from her eyes overpowered the message from her ears. But on the phone... CK probably would be better off just not calling her when he feels the need to be Superman.

"I'm here at your apartment with – no...uh...no...Lois...um...Lois?...no...nothing missing...or damaged...no, not that either. Lois," he interrupted firmly, "I'm here with Lucy. She's not hurt. No, she's fine. No...Lois...uh, no...uh....Lois? Lois, we don't need to know her blood-type. No, nor her allergies! She was just in a small fenderbender and – um, well, yes, the Jeep."
lol

he flashed her the widest, brightest 'Never fear, Superman is here' smile he could muster
Ha, not even Superman can protect Lucy from Lois!

"I've heard her madder," he finished lamely.
Watch yourself, Clark. When, pray tell, would Superman have seen Lois that mad?

"Oh! Lucy! *That* Lucy. Right! Of course. Yes. I should go see...Lucy. Right away."
*snort*

She stared, rapt-eyed, at the holy instrument in question, sitting there innocuously on her side table looking so innocent and...normal
lol

I'm going to have to stop quoting now, or I'm going to end up pasting your whole story into this little box. Please just know that there were a dozen or more lines in the remainder of this story that had me laughing. Great work, Lab!

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard