What extraordinarily good timing and fortune on my part this evening to check the boards after being away for such a long time to see a NEW STORY BY LABRAT!!! YIPPEE!! hyper

Labby, what a wonderful comeback (and no talk about hanging up your writing shoes - no, that didn't come out right... wink ) - this story was marvelous. Cornelia quoted some great sections and her comments echoed so many of my own thoughts and the parts that I enjoyed. As always, your quick wit is so apparent and effortless as demonstrated by not only the dialogue but also by the glimpses you give us into Clark and his longing for Lois, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. And what a wonderful portrayal of Lucy as well - she steals Lois's clothes, multiple times and is a master at rationalizing why she may as well wear the new sweater (how dare Lois mock her by leaving it unworn for a whole month!), goes on her merry way, is annoyed with Lois for ruining HER day rather than Lois's own (she didn't seem too concerned that Lois could have been kidnapped, did she?), and ironically is the one to not only notice Clark's feelings for Lois, but Lois's growing closeness to Clark, and of course the big discovery - SuperClark!

Loved every word of it and PLEASE don't be on hiatus for too long, Labby, even though this was completely and totally worth the wait. smile

Vicki

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.