Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
What can I say, Mary? It was not what I was expecting. The angst was very real for me, especially as I assumed it was Dr. Klein speaking.

But Dr. Friskin? My mind didn't go there.

Elisabeth

V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Lol, yeah. From the tone of the story I knew that it wasn't going to be Dr. Klein telling Superman that he couldn't have kids, but I still thought it was Dr. Klein, and that he was going to tell Superman something else.

I didn't think of Dr. Friskin either.

Columnist
Columnist
me neither, wow, I didnt see that coming.

Karla

Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Schizzophrenia.
Schizophrenia.

Speaking as a former psych nurse, that would be a devastating diagnosis to hear.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Schizzophrenia.
Schizophrenia.
D'oh!

Thanks. blush (Off to edit, now.)

And thanks for the FDK, everyone! smile

~•~
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
Perhaps if the story had continued for just a few minutes longer, giving Clark a chance to respond with his own feelings, there wouldn't be such confusion over what you intended to write.

When you said you were writing angst, I took you at your word. However, if you hadn't mentioned it, I might have thought to myself, "Is this a joke? I don't get it," only because the conclusion felt more like a punch-line than a cliff-hanger.

I entitled my feedback that you were so bad, because you let us believe you were headed one direction and you actually took us another. But I suppose it could make it sound like I, too, was joking around with you.

Anyway, I appreciate the conversations that your story has started and hope you realize that your writing was excellant.

Elisabeth

Merriwether
Merriwether
That was great angst with just a hint of comedy in the redirection tactic you used. For some reason this made me think of Identity Crisis.

Edit: after reading the other comment folder dealing with how to use certain topics like mental illnesses, I want to clarify that the humor I found was not in the final diagnosis, but in how the author set you up to be thinking it was one thing and then have it be completely something else. Kind of like the stories that talk about a "he and she" and make you think it's LnC when eithere one or the other or both is not involved.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, that was a punch to the gut. Great story.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard