Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Elisabeth FDK: Bad News 1/1 or You are SO bad! - 03/09/07 08:46 PM
What can I say, Mary? It was not what I was expecting. The angst was very real for me, especially as I assumed it was Dr. Klein speaking.

But Dr. Friskin? My mind didn't go there.

Elisabeth
Posted By: vsp Re: FDK: Bad News 1/1 or You are SO bad! - 03/09/07 09:01 PM
Lol, yeah. From the tone of the story I knew that it wasn't going to be Dr. Klein telling Superman that he couldn't have kids, but I still thought it was Dr. Klein, and that he was going to tell Superman something else.

I didn't think of Dr. Friskin either.
Posted By: Karla Kent Re: FDK: Bad News 1/1 or You are SO bad! - 03/09/07 09:24 PM
me neither, wow, I didnt see that coming.

Karla
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: FDK: Bad News 1/1 or You are SO bad! - 03/09/07 10:35 PM
thumbsup
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK: Bad News 1/1 or You are SO bad! - 03/10/07 06:47 AM
Schizzophrenia.
Schizophrenia.

Speaking as a former psych nurse, that would be a devastating diagnosis to hear.
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Schizzophrenia.
Schizophrenia.
D'oh!

Thanks. blush (Off to edit, now.)

And thanks for the FDK, everyone! smile
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Bad News 1/1 or You are SO bad! - 03/10/07 10:29 PM
Perhaps if the story had continued for just a few minutes longer, giving Clark a chance to respond with his own feelings, there wouldn't be such confusion over what you intended to write.

When you said you were writing angst, I took you at your word. However, if you hadn't mentioned it, I might have thought to myself, "Is this a joke? I don't get it," only because the conclusion felt more like a punch-line than a cliff-hanger.

I entitled my feedback that you were so bad, because you let us believe you were headed one direction and you actually took us another. But I suppose it could make it sound like I, too, was joking around with you.

Anyway, I appreciate the conversations that your story has started and hope you realize that your writing was excellant.

Elisabeth
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: Bad News 1/1 or You are SO bad! - 03/11/07 01:31 PM
That was great angst with just a hint of comedy in the redirection tactic you used. For some reason this made me think of Identity Crisis.

Edit: after reading the other comment folder dealing with how to use certain topics like mental illnesses, I want to clarify that the humor I found was not in the final diagnosis, but in how the author set you up to be thinking it was one thing and then have it be completely something else. Kind of like the stories that talk about a "he and she" and make you think it's LnC when eithere one or the other or both is not involved.
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: Bad News 1/1 or You are SO bad! - 03/12/07 05:41 AM
Wow, that was a punch to the gut. Great story.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards