Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Merriwether
Merriwether
I don't know Maria, maybe to get some ideas of how to deal with Lois, being a guy?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Poor Clark! He's so in love with Lois, and he can't do anything about it because he knows that she's not in control of her choices. It must be even harder in this universe because she's been SO tough on him throughout the entire story.

“Well, I guess you and Lois have hit the naughty stage of your relationship. Huh?”
LOL! I just LOVE Martha! Of course, if my mom said something like that to me, I'd die of embarrassment. Then again, my mom wouldn't, so I'm completely safe! Clark, however, will never live this down!

I look forward to seeing what happens when the hormone wears off!

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it! Clark has to keep Lois there until the pheramones wear off, after all a lot could happen to her in the dorm...or on the way to the dorm! evil

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I think this was my favourite part. It was tied with the Martha phone call.

Selecting the least romantic ingredients in his pantry, he started the process of making chili with beans and hardtack cornbread.
rotflol

As for the Martha phone call. I'd die if my Mum talked to me that way...but if I was a Mum I'd totally do that to my kid. That's awesome.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Most parents suffer through seeing their children do incredibly stupid things. Clark's parents were spared the bulk of that experience, so they never had to 'mend the fences' with him. Because of that, they can be more frank and open with him concerning personal subjects like his sex life. Or lack thereof.

This is a very interesting twist to the pheremone episode, and I wonder how much angrier this Lois is going to be when she crashes. Somehow I doubt it will be pretty, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Clark's going to bear the brunt of it no matter what happens. It would be way too easy for Lois to retain her passion for him. Besides, she still has several dozen languages to go.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Clark, if you haven’t got answers to the questions I think you’re asking about—Son, I think it’s a little late now.”
rotflol

Loved, LOVED the conversation with Martha!

Looking forward to more,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, it was so much fun. Like everybody said, the conversation with Martha was hilarious.

But I, too, wonder what will happen when Lois finally snaps out of her romantic haze. Oh, boy. Please let her come to her senses suffciently to realize that it wasn't Clark who drugged her, at least.

Gaaahh! Is there hope for this Lois yet? Let's hope.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Selecting the least romantic ingredients in his pantry, he started the process of making chili with beans and hardtack cornbread.
Yep, that’s pretty unromantic.

More soon, please, Elisabeth.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She had wanted to wait for her lover in this place that fully his. She could see his intellect in the way he kept things organized, his compassion in the story ideas she found neatly filed, his strength in the way he didn’t keep any sweets tucked away here or there, his…
Oh thumbsup

While he was gone, Ralph came over with a small, poofy teddy bear. “I won this for you in a challenge of strength.” He proudly presented his trophy to her. “I hope you like it, Chloe.”

“Lois,” she corrected him.

“Right. Lois.”
Nice, unintentional, knock on Smallville, even though I know you have never really watched the show.

And the scene with Martha and Clark.
rotflol jawdrop thud

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Poor Clark! He's so in love with Lois, and he can't do anything about it because he knows that she's not in control of her choices. It must be even harder in this universe because she's been SO tough on him throughout the entire story.
What can I say? I'm evil. devil

Loved it! Clark has to keep Lois there until the pheramones wear off, after all a lot could happen to her in the dorm...or on the way to the dorm!
Yup. Therein lies the trouble. He's danged if she stays and danged if she goes.

As for the Martha phone call. I'd die if my Mum talked to me that way...but if I was a Mum I'd totally do that to my kid. That's awesome.
That's why I like you so much. You're as mean as I am. wink

When I was sixteen, my own mom decided to talk to me about sex. She waited until I was driving to the music shop, and then said, "So you and Mr. X seem to have a healthy sex life." All I could think was, "Mo-o-om, I'm making a left hand turn across the highway!" (I wasn't sleeping with him, btw. Saved that for the wedding night with no regrets.)

Martha's kind of like that, in the way she speaks so frankly. But I love how the character, in general, keeps an even keel and a sense of humor. So much kinder than my mom's approach.

Most parents suffer through seeing their children do incredibly stupid things. Clark's parents were spared the bulk of that experience, so they never had to 'mend the fences' with him.
I think burning down the back fence with his heat vision must have led to quite a few frank conversations. But yeah, I tend to agree with you.

Besides, she still has several dozen languages to go.
You know that's right.

Oh, boy. Please let her come to her senses suffciently to realize that it wasn't Clark who drugged her, at least.
Oh, Ann. I never thought of that. Let's just hope that she realizes he didn't drug Rahelia and Cat, as well.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, that’s pretty unromantic.
It was also pretty close to our Friday night dinner the week I was writing.

If she was concentrating any harder, this would need to be posted on the N-Fic forum...
I love that you're as innocent as you are. That's so totally far from N-Fic that Ann would never be fooled. Right, Ann?

And you're right. I forgot about Smallville's Chloe. I was looking for a name that sounded similar to Lois. There aren't that many.

Glad you all appreciated a more humorous than sensual take on PML. And happy that you enjoyed reading Clark's phone call as much as I enjoyed writing it. (I didn't write it, but I also enjoyed imagining how Martha would tell Jonathon about it when he got home.)

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
I was looking for a name that sounded similar to Lois. There aren't that many.
Well, there's Eloise, but that's even more old-fashioned-sounding than Lois.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard