Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37423 01/16/07 02:43 PM
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Ah such a cute story and funny!!

Lois was sitting at the kitchen table, addressing what seemed to be the thousandth Christmas card. She cringed as she licked the seal and muttered to herself, "Well, my taste buds will never be the same."
EWWWW! Grab a wet sponge Lois! LOL

He backed towards the window, mouthing the words "I love you," before he disappeared out into the cold night air.
Awww! So sad.

She thought she had seen movement at the top of the stairs. She paused, listening. When she was sure that their daughter still slept, she relaxed.
Oh dear. Hmm, little girls are trouble.

"And now," she announced with a grand sweep of her arms, "I'm going to sing a song that I want to sing for Superman."
Cute transistion.

Lois and Clark stood in the dark, and as it dawned on them what she was singing, Clark heard Lois take a sharp breath. "Uh-oh," he breathed, as Lindsey continued.
LOL - Freak out time! I enjoyed The Kents' reaction. The song was so cute (it's a play off the Santa kissing Mum one right?) and I can't believe that she would sing that in front of people! Like I said above, little girls are trouble. My husband has been maintaining that belief for years. I guess he's right goofy .

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
So sweet!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Adorable! And so much sweeter then I saw mommy boffing Superman, don't ya think? <g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
Aw, so cute! I love it.

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A HUGE thanks goes out to Nancy for all her hard work helping me make this thing readable.

THANK YOU Nancy!!!!
Thanks, Beth!!

And it was such a cute story. I found myself smiling so much!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Merriwether
Merriwether
Laura, I think that would eb in the next verse or so.

Wonderfully cute.

Reminds me of the movie "I Saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus" where the kid sees his dad dressed as Santa kissing his mom, and starts a personal war against Santa. Luckily Lindsay thought it was cute or something.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
aww! that was so very, very cute! smile

I have to say this, though, cause I just almost lost it at the beginning... I was laughing like an idiot and it wasn't supposed to be funny... Queen of the Capes posted a story, I guess today, which was really hilarious and in which Lois discovers that Clark's actual real name is Lindsay (*lol*) - and I was thinking the entire time I was reading your story, oh gee I hope her second name isn't Valentine. *lol* (cause that's what his second name is... and seriously, yeah, I think way too much!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was a cute story--maybe a continuation where we see little Lindsay's reaction would be neat. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, so adorable!

What I really like best about it is the wonderful, but slightly sad, description of Clark and Lois's married life. They are so much in love, and their love is so sweet and tender, but Clark's Superman duties mean that they have so little time to be together:

As she straightened the piles of cards, her eyes fell on her wedding ring. She sighed as she traced her finger over the band. She missed Clark.
The poor man doesn't get to be home much.... frown

It was four days until Christmas, and he was still on assignment in Europe. He had been there for the past two weeks. Well, that was what everyone else believed.
And they have to lie about his lengthy absences....

He had actually come home every chance he got.
But he really does come home as often as he possibly can.

She smiled softly as she remembered the last time he had snuck home.
Oh, this is so sweet... the memory of the last time he came home makes her smile softly.

He drifted silently through the window, and she awoke to find him standing in the shadows watching her sleep. She ran into his strong embrace and breathed in the smell of the cold air that clung to his suit.
I love the smell of cold air, and the contrast between his warm embrace and the cold air.

Her arms slid around his waist, and she allowed her hands to glide up over the solid muscles of his back. His arms closed around her, and she snuggled into the warmth of his body. Lifting her head she looked longingly into his eyes.
It's so poignant that they have to long for each other so much. They can't just have each other, in spite of the fact that they are married.

He kissed her - hard at first, but then his lips softened and brushed hers lightly. He hugged her close as if he'd never let her go. Bending slightly, he had whispered suggestively into her ear, and his low rumbling voice made her giggle. She tried to wiggle out of his embrace, but he held on tight, making her resort to tickling him until he finally relented and loosened his grip. Grabbing his hand, she tugged him towards their room, but suddenly he stopped, his head cocked to one side in the all too familiar way that always meant that there was trouble.
So sweet. So sad.

With a deep sigh, he had pulled away from her, disappointment evident in his strong face. He pulled her into his arms again, kissing her deeply before reluctantly releasing her. He backed towards the window, mouthing the words "I love you," before he disappeared out into the cold night air.
He misses her as much as she misses him.

She wrapped her arms around herself trying to ward off the sudden chill that replaced the warmth of his body.
This is so poignant, too - the coldness of the little brother of bereavement.

She turned away from the window, and her gaze traveled upwards. She thought she had seen movement at the top of the stairs.
Hmmm, Lois? I think you did. goofy

She knew he regretted not being at home this time of year, but he had promised that he would make it up to her.
I wonder how he will make it up to her? Oh, but you don't have to tell us. We can imagine. *happy sigh*

With that thought, her gaze had traveled upwards to the object hanging above her. She smiled when she realized that they had been standing under some mistletoe. She had to bite her lower to suppress a moan as the thought of being in his arms flashed through her mind.

Clark always kept his promises.
Oh, so, so, so, so sweet!

"What's the matter, Mommy? The small voice of their daughter Lindsey almost made her jump. She hadn't noticed that the child had come into the kitchen.

"Oh, nothing, Lindsey. I just miss your father." Lois gathered the five-year-old up into her arms, hugging her before pulling away slightly. As she looked into her daughter's face, she could see her husband's features staring back at her, his nose and his smile.

She blinked back tears of pure joy and pride as she hugged her daughter again, realizing just how lucky she really was to have these two wonderful people in her life.
Adorable.

"Is Daddy going to come and hear me sing at school?" Lindsey asked for the hundredth time. Lois set Lindsey down, picked up the Christmas cards, and rubber banded them together.

"Your father promised you that he would be there. He never breaks his promises," she reassured the child.
smile

"Is Superman going to be there?" The question startled Lois, and she turned to her attention back to Lindsey.
Oops, what a question! And Lindsey doesn't know that her father is Superman.

Lindsey dropped her head in disappointment as she muttered softly, "I wish Superman was going to be there."

Lois chewed on her bottom lip trying to decide if she should tell her daughter the truth. Even though she had never actually met him, Lindsey adored the super hero.
Aaawwww....

Clark opened his arms wide and Lindsey leaped into them, hugging his neck. "I was scared that you wouldn't come to my Christmas cantata, Daddy."

Clark's eyes beamed with love and affection as he looked at his daughter. She was wearing a red velvet dress with delicate white lace around the sleeves. Her long black hair was pulled back in a matching red bow and fell over her shoulders in ringlets and curls.
Aaaaaawwwwwww!!!! sloppy

When Lois and Clark reached their room, Clark pulled her into his arms, kissing her. Lois pulled away after a long moment, laying her head on his broad shoulder. "I missed you so much. I thought you were never coming home."

Clark hugged her close, "I know, and I'm sorry. The peace treaty took longer than I expected." He dropped a kiss on the top of her head before pulling away and tugging at his tie.
Sweet.

Lois sat on the edge of the bed watching him peel his clothes off. She wished they had more time before they had to leave. Pulling her thoughts back from the scene that was forming in her mind, she focused her attention on smoothing the wrinkles on the bed.
Aaaaahhh!!! I love it!!!!

"Not much," she informed him as she wrestled with her erratic heartbeat.
Oh, her erratic heartbeat!!!!

I thought she saw us the other night when you came home. We need to be more careful." She smiled shyly at him.
Oh, I adore the fact that Lois is smiling shyly at Clark!!!

Clark placed his hands on her upper arms rubbing them gently.
So sweet.... *sigh*

Lois nodded her head in agreement. She hugged Clark and let the worries of the future drift away.
*happy sigh*

And then Lindsay starts singing:

"I saw Mommy kissing Superman
Underneath the mistletoe last night.
She didn't see me creep
down the stairs to have a peep;
She thought that I was tucked up
in my bedroom fast asleep."
She saw them!!!!

"Then, I saw Mommy tickle Superman
Underneath his cape so red and bright;
oh, what a laugh it would have been
If Daddy had only seen
Mommy kissing Superman last night."
Oh, wow. I guess I have to agree with Laura. Good thing Lois and Clark were interrupted, after all. We wouldn't want Lindsay singing "I saw Mommy boffing Superman".

"Did you hear my song, Daddy? I want to sing it for Superman. Do you think he will come to the cantata tonight?"

Clark crouched down, bringing him face to face with his hopeful daughter. He placed his hands on her small shoulders. "Lindsey, there is something very important that I need to tell you about Superman."
Hmmm, yes, Clark, I do think there is something you need to tell her. ("You see, Lindsay, there are some birds and some bees... and one of the birds is a superbird, and one day he saw a beautiful lady bird, and he thought, I'd like to make a wonderful little girl with that lady bird, and we shall call our little girl Lindsay...")

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Cute! I love this 'song revelation', and I love Jonathan's and Martha's reaction even more. Though I can't keep from thinking 'What if Lois family had been there?'. That would have been interesting, to say the least.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Thank you all for your kind words and support. notworthy

I'm glad you enjoyed it. smile

Clark: "Can I have a rat chief? Can I, huh? Please?"

Perry: "Clark, do you want me to send you to the dark room?"

Clark: "The dark room?"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard