Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
doublel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Heartwarming Chapter. The start of some closure is good. Glad to see Jimmy make the trek. Clark listen to your mother and tell Lois.

doublel

G
Blogger
Blogger
G
Hi!

You still have me crying! The funeral and then afterwards how you have Jimmy, Martha & Clark go down memory lane was perfect. The way you described how they remembered Jonathan was so vivid and acurate. I was very pleased to see Jimmy come to the funeral. Lois will be mad she didn't go to the funeral!!!

The healing is starting but has a long way to go. I really like how you put Jimmy in this story, he will be a good friend for Clark. Martha is right, as mothers usually are, tell Lois you are superman Clark, and soon!!!!!

Looking forward to more!

P.S. I say go for a double major, journalism and math!

G. Kuhn
Top Banana
Top Banana
doublel: I think you meant chapter 28? thumbsup sloppy

Aww!! Poor Clark. How hard he has been hit emotionally the last few days. I'm glad though that he is okay with his powers and still seems to be interested in using them. Still a long road ahead for him but I think even now he is slowly healing. I just hope Lois is able to do the same. Right now she is in such a stage of anger and hurt that I think she is going to take quite a bit longer to do that. frown

Great chapter as always! Thank you for sharing with us!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Outstanding chapter. Outstanding story!

It's interesting that Clark is still stuttering. Usually a person (who didn't stuffer before) who stutters after a traumatic experience is still suffering the direct emotional impact of that emotional experience. And Clark has been hit with a double whammy, from Logram and from his father's sudden death. Unlike Martha, I don't think he's ready to face the world as the caped hero yet.

But there is hope. And if he could hear Lois from Smallville, there's also hope that he'll confront her and tell her exactly what she did for him, how she not only saved his life, she saved tens of thousands of others through the good things Superman will do in the future. And, most important of all, she saved Clark from certain death.

You are too young to have such a wonderful grasp of both the art of writing and the depth of the human heart, Rachel. I hope this has not been hard-won personal knowledge. And don't think I'm prying, because I'm not.

And I, too, was glad to see Jimmy make the trip to Kansas for Clark. (Also interesting was the similarity between Clark's reaction and Lois's reaction to Jimmy surprising them. Wonder who will put two and two together first?) Clark's decision to be a better friend to Jimmy is characteristic of Clark's personality, but it's also a postitive development in his recovery. He's not there yet, but he is coming along, even if the road is longer than his mother thinks it is.

Keep up the great work! I want to see the rest of this, and soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
doublel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I did mean 28, thanks! thumbsup

doublel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Where's 29 Smirkey? huh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Give me a half an hour. thumbsup

SmirkyRaven

Merriwether
Merriwether
YAAYY!!

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard