Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Hi Rhea!

(Well, this is my second new topic in the last half hour...guess who's not doing her philosophy homework? blush )

I'm really liking this story! It's great! I like the element of mystery. This "Superman"--who is he, what does he want with Lois/Clark/Superman? It seems obvious he's got it in for Superman at least. Does he know THE Secret? It seems clear that he is not a clone/alternate CK/S, etc., since he isn't affected by the kryptonite. This has captured my imagination, and I look foward to finding out more. (I realize this is comments for Part 1 too, I never did write any for that.)

Part 2 was great too. I always love it when Lois manages to make Clark squirm as she gets closer and closer to finding out his secret--and of course, who doesn't love a little sexual sizzle thrown in for good measure? drool I also like how Lois is genuinely concerned for Clark in these last two parts. And yet, the Superman question weighs heavily on her mind--now that's Lois, always trying to work things out in her head. In summary, good characterization of both Lois and Clark. thumbsup

Please post more soon! hyper

"Oh--as usual--dear." -Giles
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oooh. Lois grilling *Superman* about *Clark*...That's a little backwards from how it usually is, isn't it? I really, really like the idea!

Poor Clark. And Lois! Goodness, you just want to take her and knock her over the head.

"What would Superman look like in normal clothes?"

I can just see Clark. I mean...what is he supposed to say? "Like me"?

Lol. Very nice. The story is captivating and thus far very well written. It flows very nicely and naturally, and I can't wait for the next chapter.

SmirkyRaven

Features Writer
Features Writer
This is a nice twist to the familiar relationship story. We need more of those- they make everything fresh and fun again.

Along with that is the superman imposter, which is alo fresh and new.

The writing's good too.

What can be said except, keep it coming! You've got us hooked now.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I so love how worried Lois is about Clark.

“The one you were with on the dance floor?” Clark finally faced her then, a tin of tea in his hand. “Was he that good a kisser?”
Because of course Superman would be a good kisser!

"I can honestly say that I know him well, maybe about as well as anyone, but I wouldn't call him my best friend, Lois." He gave her a warm smile and reached out to give her hand a quick squeeze.
so waffy!

“No? Maybe you need to go buy a new gallon of milk because the old one’s gone bad. That’s okay, because I don’t really want milk in my tea anyway.” She had moved closer to him so that her face was only inches from his chest. Their height difference was insignificant in her growing wrath. “Have to go to the post office? Let’s go. I need stamps too. Or maybe you doddering old great aunt Matilda needs her medication and you just have to go or she’ll die! Well, you know what, Clark? I am sick of your excuses.”
I really, really like this paragraph. If she had been this assertive in the show, the whole problem would have been cleared up so much sooner.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOl poor Clark! Lois can really be hell sometimes with all her questions. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
R
Blogger
Blogger
R
Thanks so much for all your comments. They help me to decide what works and what doesn't. I was trying for something that I hadn't ever read before, but its so hard to know if any idea is really fresh or new with the sheer volume of stuff out there. (There is a God!)

But as a wise woman once told me, its not about the idea but about the execution.

Rhea

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Instead, he answered. "Is this about whether the suit comes off? Cause I can't say that I ever tried to see him naked."
Made me giggle.

Lois rolled Clark's words around in her head. Clark had said “his secret.” His secret. Did he know something?
Ooh, you said too much, Clark.

The image of Superman holding Clark by his jacket collar was amusing enough to get her to smile
Me, too.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard