Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34656 11/27/06 11:54 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Just posted the second chapter, I'll reply to feedback from the first chapter after I get out of class.

Frozen Stream TOC

"I don't know Mom; it's a bomb stain." -Clark Kent
#34657 11/27/06 12:24 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Somehow in that small area he had managed to disappear. Again. After telling his superiors what the situation was (and receiving a thorough dressing down for letting Kent get away and for not having his firearm with him during the incident)
Obviously he isn't aware of CK's powers.

The only explanation anyone had managed to come up with was that the guy could teleport.
If you only knew, Jack...

Kent had sneered at Hendricks and then proceeded to beat the crap out of him and left him to die.
What!!?? I don't think so.

Then Kent had made the news again—when he had escaped federal custody the day after his conviction.
Obviously CK does draw a line when it comes to believing in the justice system. Can't blame him.

though there had been hundreds of verified sightings of Kent, only once had he been brought back into custody
I would love to know how they managed to catch him in the first place. He must have been in a position where he couldn't get away without revealing his powers.

Fabulous chapter. You have hooked me good and proper.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#34658 11/27/06 03:51 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Hmmm, if Clark knows who Jack is, and is able to show up like he did and leave Jack puzzling about it all, why hasn't pointed out that he could kill anyone anywhere and leave no trace?

Perhaps a series of impossible robberies of multimillion dollar values where everything is returned just as impossibly a day or two later?

Patrick

Framework4
#34659 11/27/06 05:28 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am totally hooked on this story. I am so taken with it. I love a good mystery and setup like you are creating. I can't wait to see how it all ends and can't wait for the rest of the journey you are about to take us on. thumbsup

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#34660 11/27/06 06:45 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I would love to know how they managed to catch him in the first place. He must have been in a position where he couldn't get away without revealing his powers.
Yeah, pretty much. I might get around to telling that situation...

Hmmm, if Clark knows who Jack is, and is able to show up like he did and leave Jack puzzling about it all, why hasn't pointed out that he could kill anyone anywhere and leave no trace?
Because that would expose his powers. Right now there are a number of theories about how he avoids capture--but no one knows the truth. If Clark were in the mood to tell people about his powers he could have proved himself not guilty years ago.

At this point Jack knows that it is a possibility that Clark could kill someone and be long gone before they found anything, but the "leave no trace" part could only be explained if they know about his powers.

Perhaps a series of impossible robberies of multimillion dollar values where everything is returned just as impossibly a day or two later?
Huh? I'm confused. Clark doesn't want to expose his powers, period. He thinks it would ruin his life.

Ok, so you say, it seems at this point he can only go up.

What Clark has to think about here is the fact that, right now he is in known territory, but revealing himself would require venturing into unknown territory. It is a cost benefit analysis and Clark's estimation so far of the benefits is not worth it. Currently, in his own logic, he has more freedom than he would if people knew he wasn't a normal human.

Oh, PS--kudos to anyone who recognizes the reference to another show in this chapter.

"I don't know Mom; it's a bomb stain." -Clark Kent
#34661 11/28/06 02:48 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow! Interesting. I'm hoping on this train and waiting to see where it goes. So far, it's very serious, IMO.

“Sometimes I wish the same thing. Although, Kent is the biggest challenge I’ve had in about a decade, so maybe it’ll do me some good.”
Yuppers! It would be confusing for those guys. I like the conclusion they came to - teleporter.
That part made me laugh.

Fantastic.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#34662 11/29/06 01:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like that you use the background story of "Never on Sunday". Really interesting! I'm still quite curious how Lois will get in this story. And what if someone who hunts Clark will find out that he loves her? This opens a lot of possibilities. Keep writing!!!!

(And stick to the title, I really like it wink )

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#34663 12/04/06 06:44 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
So, katey, where's the next part? We don't want to report that katey didn't finish her story. Besides, this is such an intriguing premise that I, for one, will most definitely read all the posts and all the feedback.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#34664 12/09/06 03:06 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hi! Any updates? Hope RL isn't too crazy at the moment. Looking foward to more.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard