Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#32425 09/04/06 09:48 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Brilliant, Shayne.

I've sent a copy to my husband, too -- he very rarely reads fanfic but I think he'll like this one; he loves comparing different versions.

And personally, I think Smallville ought to get together with Chloe... why be bound by tradition? goofy

But that wouldn't fit nearly so well with the rest of this story, so never mind wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#32426 09/04/06 12:37 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Your take on Smallville's Clark was a blast. clap

#32427 09/04/06 01:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was really adorable!!

Here's what I think about Chloe (sorry but someone mentioned her)....Lucy Lane is going to die and Chloe's going to change her name to Lucy Lane (who just happened to date Jimmy Olsen in the comics...)

Anyway, very creative writing, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#32428 09/04/06 05:47 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Wow. I'm flattered by the response to this.

First, Cornelia, to clear up a misconception...the cartoon Clark isn't from the comic books. He's from the TV series Superman the animated series. Here's the wikipedia article about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_The_Animated_Series

As for the black and white version, it was the George Reeve version, Cindy.

Ann, I should mention that your post in the Superman United thread, about having a black and white Superman fly in was the seed of inspiration for this story. Thanks smile

Terry, the Lois Lanes in a room story idea is a little scary. I might try it sometimes though...

Thanks to everyone! Thanks Doranwen, Chris, Marcus, Cindy, Carol, Karen, Anna, Elisabeth, Annie, Joy, Ann, Jen, Laura, Classicala, Terry, Cornelia, Jojo, Pam, Mmprincess, and Chris.

#32429 09/04/06 07:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Terry, your idea was great. Can you imagine the Lois Lane from The Adventures of Superman talkiing to the Lois from Lois and Clark: The New Advutures of Superman? Woa... What an eye opener for Phyllis Coates or Noell Neil.

Hey, Chief Pam, I'd love to see Smallville's Clark at least give Chloe a chance even if she doesn't end up with him for good. Well, ChaaBreh, Chloe has already lost her virginity to Jimmy in Smallville - might as well date him.

By the way, Cornelia, George Reeve starred in the tv show The Adventures of Superman in the 1950's. Considering the time period in which it was made, the special effects aren't bad at all.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#32430 09/04/06 10:05 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Shayne, this was great! Never having been all that interested in Superman other than LnC, I could still follow the story and figure out who was who. Brilliant idea!

Natascha

#32431 09/06/06 02:25 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I really love this fic, it is awesome! I thought the digs at Smallville Clark were especially funny! (But that could be because I haven't seen the others...)

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
#32432 09/06/06 03:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a perfect way of accomplishing this, with Anya! And I loved D'Hoffryn apology.

I loved the interaction and everyone of them was spot on.

I can't wait to see your Lois room. How about a Perry or a Jimmy room, or maybe Jonathan or Martha Kent room?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#32433 09/06/06 05:29 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I'm way, WAY, behind on my fanfic reading, but the title caught my attention. (I wasn't aware of the challenge in advance.) I just had to pop in and say that this was fabulous! Great characterizations and interractions. I love that you let the audience interpret who was who rather than explaining it all. And as a Buffy fan, I squealed with delight when I saw that Anya had a part in all of this! Brilliant! Truely brilliant! thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#32434 10/02/06 06:58 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Originally posted by groobie:
And as a Buffy fan, I squealed with delight when I saw that Anya had a part in all of this! Brilliant! Truely brilliant! thumbsup Susan
Ditto! I started laughing hysterically when I realized it was Anya and then the apology because Anya isn't supposed to grant alien wishes? Fantastic!

I loved seeing them all interact! *snort* Smallville!Clark's observations on Lois. *snort*

Great job.

"I don't know Mom; it's a bomb stain." -Clark Kent
#32435 10/04/06 05:34 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Wow. I didn't know that anyone was still reading this. Thanks for the feedback!

#32436 10/16/06 02:30 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just read the fic, and since I started to be active on the boards AFTER the challenge, I have no idea what the challenge was about.

But I LOVED the fic! And Anya brought back memories of when I was still a BtVS fan--which, granted, was up until about a year after the show quit, but still.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard