Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, it's a shorty, but let me know what you think.

It's a twist on the current Gender bender challenge. What if *Just One* character's gender was reversed. How would it change things?

Blogger
Blogger
Shayne, I loved it! Written with your usual deft touch. You could have virtually rewritten the entire 1st season with this idea, and it would probably have had enough angst even for Wendy! I'm rather glad you did the short version, though. Well done, please write more for us, a nice long one next time!

Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL. It's interesting how much that one little change makes. I like seeing your take on it. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute!

It took me til half way through the story to realize you were jumping through scenes on purpose. At first I thought it seemed disjointed. You might want to make a note of what you are doing.

Did you write this based on the current Gender-Bender thread?

Oh, btw, you need to change your story post to a blue arrow.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Merriwether
Merriwether
That was really cool. I enjoyed the premise. I was a little confused here and there trying to get my bearings, but overall that was really well done. I really enjoyed seeing the role reversal. I like how it is short and clean. Again, I said 'awww' when it ended because I wanted it to continue. I'll just compare it to chocolate, sometimes you just can't have a mountain full.

Hehe, thanks for sharing! You made my Saturday!

Poor Clark.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Shayne as I told you last night<g> it was very sweet and I loved Alexix jumping to her death like Lex. Nice touch on the ending. But more then that just picturing you at your computer typing this up was what thrilled me the most goofy Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
What a wonderful little story. I had been thinking of something similar myself, but you beat me to it! Just as well, because your take on it is great.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh I liked it very much. My favorite scene was the one where Lois seethes thinking Alexis knows more about Clark than she does. Will you live this here or will you go back to this idea and extend it? I'd love to see more of Alexis.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well... I was still holding out the the hillbilly alien story... but I guess I'll take what I can get. LOL

Nicely done! I would have loved to have seen a full story on this as well, but I think you did a good thing by giving us snippets of well known scenes from Lois' point of view about the whole thing. It somehow all worked out and it was short and sweet. smile

“She wants to set up a Superman foundation…use all this hype for a good purpose.” Clark’s voice held an enthusiasm that irritated Lois. “All the merchandising, posters, books…the money can all go to help people.”

“And Superman buys into all of this,” Lois asked skeptically.

“Why wouldn’t he?” Clark asked. “It’s a great idea. It means that even when the cape is off, he still gets to do some good.”
At first I was a little unbelieving in this. I was trying to figure out why you were making Clark so naive about this when he was Superman and he should have seen the corruption. Then I got to the end and saw that she knew about his dual-identity and had been plotting all along. Nice touch there.

Anyway, I'm glad you took this on. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wow! clap clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Very amusing. smile

"Did you..." Her throat was dry and parched and Lois wished for a moment that she could have had a sultry voice. Instead she sounded like a frog.
rotflol

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hey, Shayne!

Nice take on the challenge. This has the ability to grow to a lengthy story, but the short and succinct version works well too, perhaps even better than a lengthy story would at some points smile Good job!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wow.

A female Luthor? That's so evil and cunning of you! And Alexis tries to marry Clark and force him to become her super love slave? That's so very evil and cunning of you! I like it! You took the very familiar and turned it all inside out, and if the first season had been filmed like this, it would have been excellent! I hope you keep up the great work!

Gender-bender challenge or not, this is excellent.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG Shayne I loved this. Thank you so much for writing this. I had pictured long story but this works just as good. I'm very impressed at how fast you did it too. clap clap

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Truly inspired! Didn't see it coming and it was well written.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
R
Blogger
Blogger
R
I loved it! What a difference it would make if Lex had been female, and yet you made it all work!

There was one line that I especially loved. I'm not sure if you meant it to be funny or not, but I had to chuckle. (Please forgive me, I've forgotten the appropriate method of posting quotes, so I may screw this up.)

"She’d done the fake moustache thing before, but it had been easier recently to let Clark take the male roles."

I love how you have Lois "letting" Clark take the male roles, because for her that's not necessarily a given. She's an "I can do everything" kind of woman, and also can be very emasculating to Clark at times. A lesser man may not be able to handle working with her.

Anyway, great story!

Rose

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oooh! I loved it!

I'm so sorry I missed it before. I live seeing them in each other's role like that, it's so cute! smile And the way you've written it, the way each part is sort of knit in with the previous - it's just excellent!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
just great! smile1 I missed this story and I read it only now on the Archive and I love it! Any hope for a longer fic based on this one? Knowing your talent in long, angsty stories, I'd love to read it! wink

Simona smile
(who knows that this is great as vignette, but is a sucker for long, dramatic fics!)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard