Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/01/06 10:27 PM
Well, it's a shorty, but let me know what you think.

It's a twist on the current Gender bender challenge. What if *Just One* character's gender was reversed. How would it change things?
Posted By: Sunrise in Oz Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 04:02 AM
Shayne, I loved it! Written with your usual deft touch. You could have virtually rewritten the entire 1st season with this idea, and it would probably have had enough angst even for Wendy! I'm rather glad you did the short version, though. Well done, please write more for us, a nice long one next time!
Posted By: Karen Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 04:41 AM
LOL. It's interesting how much that one little change makes. I like seeing your take on it. laugh
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 05:06 AM
Cute!

It took me til half way through the story to realize you were jumping through scenes on purpose. At first I thought it seemed disjointed. You might want to make a note of what you are doing.

Did you write this based on the current Gender-Bender thread?

Oh, btw, you need to change your story post to a blue arrow.
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 07:16 AM
That was really cool. I enjoyed the premise. I was a little confused here and there trying to get my bearings, but overall that was really well done. I really enjoyed seeing the role reversal. I like how it is short and clean. Again, I said 'awww' when it ended because I wanted it to continue. I'll just compare it to chocolate, sometimes you just can't have a mountain full.

Hehe, thanks for sharing! You made my Saturday!

Poor Clark.
Posted By: Laurach Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 09:15 AM
Shayne as I told you last night<g> it was very sweet and I loved Alexix jumping to her death like Lex. Nice touch on the ending. But more then that just picturing you at your computer typing this up was what thrilled me the most goofy Laura
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 09:51 AM
What a wonderful little story. I had been thinking of something similar myself, but you beat me to it! Just as well, because your take on it is great.
Posted By: alcyone Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 10:07 AM
Oh I liked it very much. My favorite scene was the one where Lois seethes thinking Alexis knows more about Clark than she does. Will you live this here or will you go back to this idea and extend it? I'd love to see more of Alexis.
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 10:13 AM
Well... I was still holding out the the hillbilly alien story... but I guess I'll take what I can get. LOL

Nicely done! I would have loved to have seen a full story on this as well, but I think you did a good thing by giving us snippets of well known scenes from Lois' point of view about the whole thing. It somehow all worked out and it was short and sweet. smile

“She wants to set up a Superman foundation…use all this hype for a good purpose.” Clark’s voice held an enthusiasm that irritated Lois. “All the merchandising, posters, books…the money can all go to help people.”

“And Superman buys into all of this,” Lois asked skeptically.

“Why wouldn’t he?” Clark asked. “It’s a great idea. It means that even when the cape is off, he still gets to do some good.”
At first I was a little unbelieving in this. I was trying to figure out why you were making Clark so naive about this when he was Superman and he should have seen the corruption. Then I got to the end and saw that she knew about his dual-identity and had been plotting all along. Nice touch there.

Anyway, I'm glad you took this on. ^_^
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 01:21 PM
Hi,

Wow! clap clap
Posted By: mmprincess Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 03:58 PM
Very amusing. smile

"Did you..." Her throat was dry and parched and Lois wished for a moment that she could have had a sultry voice. Instead she sounded like a frog.
rotflol
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 04:13 PM
Hey, Shayne!

Nice take on the challenge. This has the ability to grow to a lengthy story, but the short and succinct version works well too, perhaps even better than a lengthy story would at some points smile Good job!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 05:20 PM
Wow.

A female Luthor? That's so evil and cunning of you! And Alexis tries to marry Clark and force him to become her super love slave? That's so very evil and cunning of you! I like it! You took the very familiar and turned it all inside out, and if the first season had been filmed like this, it would have been excellent! I hope you keep up the great work!

Gender-bender challenge or not, this is excellent.
Posted By: datchickukindaknow Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/02/06 10:09 PM
OMG Shayne I loved this. Thank you so much for writing this. I had pictured long story but this works just as good. I'm very impressed at how fast you did it too. clap clap
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/06/06 06:43 AM
Truly inspired! Didn't see it coming and it was well written.

James
Posted By: Rcpeaches2 Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/16/06 09:10 AM
I loved it! What a difference it would make if Lex had been female, and yet you made it all work!

There was one line that I especially loved. I'm not sure if you meant it to be funny or not, but I had to chuckle. (Please forgive me, I've forgotten the appropriate method of posting quotes, so I may screw this up.)

"She’d done the fake moustache thing before, but it had been easier recently to let Clark take the male roles."

I love how you have Lois "letting" Clark take the male roles, because for her that's not necessarily a given. She's an "I can do everything" kind of woman, and also can be very emasculating to Clark at times. A lesser man may not be able to handle working with her.

Anyway, great story!

Rose
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 09/16/06 02:45 PM
oooh! I loved it!

I'm so sorry I missed it before. I live seeing them in each other's role like that, it's so cute! smile And the way you've written it, the way each part is sort of knit in with the previous - it's just excellent!!
Posted By: Simona Re: Comments: Role Reversal (1/1) - 11/09/06 04:35 PM
just great! smile1 I missed this story and I read it only now on the Archive and I love it! Any hope for a longer fic based on this one? Knowing your talent in long, angsty stories, I'd love to read it! wink

Simona smile
(who knows that this is great as vignette, but is a sucker for long, dramatic fics!)
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards