Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi, DJ! drool

The smile on Chad’s face falls a little. “Oooh, yeah, I guess you’re right.” Then the smile comes back, slightly crooked. “And then we wouldn’t have had a chance to explore your deep-seated attraction to Lois Lane.”
You're busted, Clark. drool

Chad’s eyebrow’s creep up to that previously high level. “Asked you to? We’re talking about the same woman here, aren’t we? Lois Lane, aggressive investigative reporter who you told me wants to get her first Pulitzer by the time she’s thirty? *That* Lois Lane asked you to help her write the story? Buddy, she’s hot for you.”

“You think so?”
All together now: Duh, Clark! [Linked Image]

My first by-line for the Daily Planet. I wish it wasn’t my last.
It doesn't need be the last.

“Okay, you kids, now get on out of here and go celebrate!” Perry tells Lois and I, his face beaming. Then he grabs my arm and pulls me off to the side out of earshot of anyone else. “Clark, I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed having you here. If you ever decide that being an editor isn’t your cup of tea – believe me, I’ve asked myself that more than once – I want you to know that you’ve always got a job waiting for you here.”
I said you so, Clark. What are you waiting for?

“Basking in the glory?” I ask her.

“No,” she says, blushing. “Actually, I was thinking how good your name looks next to mine.
Smooth. laugh Do you want her to draw you a diagram, Clark?

We both laugh together. It feels so good, so right. I wish it could last.
It's up to you, Clark.

“You know,” she says, putting her arm through mine, “I bet if you wanted to fulfill that boyhood dream of yours and move to Metropolis, that Perry would probably give you a job,” Lois tells me, giving my arm a squeeze.

“Hah. Then you’d be stuck with me.”

“That’s what I was hoping for,” she says, stopping our walk and moving in close to me. Her face is just inches from mine, her lips just a moment away. Oh god, I want to kiss her so badly. She looks so beautiful in the light of the setting sun. I want to take her in my arms and just hold her and forget about the rest of the world. But I can’t.
/me slaps Clark. razz

“I’m sorry. It was wrong of me not to reveal that to you. I had the perfect opportunity that night we asked each other if we were married, and I didn’t. Part of why I didn’t is because she and I aren’t going to stay together. That’s one of the reasons I have to go back to Smallville, to finalize a few things.”
At least he had made up his mind.

“I think that would be a lot to give up for someone - your dreams - even if you love them. You must have one heck of a reason for calling it quits with her,” she pauses for a moment and when I don’t say anything, she continues, “Are you breaking up with her because of me?”

“No.” That’s not the truth, Clark. You promised to tell her the whole truth. “Well, yes, ...maybe ...partly. But that’s not the main reason.”

Is it?
Of course it is! Lana has always treated you as her door mat and you've accepted it. If weren't for his attraction to Lois, you wouldn't be considering calling it quits with her. mad /me slaps Clark again.

With her back to me I can’t see her face, but I hear the soft sniffle escape from her. “Just goodnight,” she pauses, standing a little taller and squaring her shoulders and then continues, “But if you’re leaving I guess it has to be goodbye also. Look me up next time you’re in Metropolis. Maybe we can take another walk. Maybe you’ll have more you want to say.” She starts to take a few steps away from me.

“Lois, I...”

She halts and when her voice comes, it’s hollow and anguished. “You’d better go, Clark. I wouldn’t want you to miss your flight.” She doesn’t make a motion to turn around, to face me. My heart is breaking.
Mine too. whinging

“Goodbye, Lois,” I say softly. I walk up behind her and place a kiss, ever so gently, in her hair. I feel a slight hesitation in her, as if she might want to turn around. But she doesn’t.

And then I walk away.
Awwww... This is so sad. mecry My heart broke. It's reduced to pieces. I hope next part come with a WAFFy glue to fix it. grovel

Andreia (with her heart broken and her hand hurting for slaping a super dense Clark) thud

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I can't even express how much I adore this story of yours.

I am glad that Clark has a pal in Chad. He is usually a lonely sort, I love that he is more outgoing here.

"I haven’t even kissed Lois.”

Chad whistles. “Whoa, buddy, but you’ve thought about it obviously, haven’t you?”

I feel a blush creep across my cheeks. I’ve thought about more than that.
Yummy

Perry offers Clark a job! Yea!

Lois really *does* have the hots for Clark. Sharing her story, saying his name looks good next hers, and she she's hoping to be stuck with him! Oh, I like this Lois.

And she took the news of Lana fairly well.

“You said you’d be honest with me, from here on out, always. So I’m asking. Are you hiding anything else?”

I’m floored. I don’t know what to say. I promised her I’d be honest with her, but I can’t, not completely, not yet. I can’t tell her about *me* yet, I don’t know her well enough. Could I trust her? What if she wrote an article about me? They’d take me away and lock me up for sure... But I promised.

“Yes.”
Proud of you, Clark! That would have been hard, especially since he knew Lois would immediately want to know what it was. But he can't really be expected to tell her at this point, and I think that fact that she didn't completely shut the door on him is her way of acknowledging that they don't really know each other well enough yet to divulge their deep, dark secrets. All the same, poor Clark.

Dare I hope that Lois recognizes Clark when Superman comes on the scene? And maybe he will have finished with Lana by then? Please, please, please?

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi!
This is a great part! thumbsup
“Goodbye, Lois,” I say softly. I walk up behind her and place a kiss, ever so gently, in her hair.
I read this bit and I can't help to get teary-eyed. whinging This is so heart wrenching. I read this and can see this scene in my head.
notworthy
Just two more parts left? I hope in the last two everything will turn out okay.

I'll try to come back for a proper fdk. Sorry it's short.

You're the icing on my cake.
What's that?
Chocolate, of course.
--
Columnist
Columnist
yeah in time.

I love it and I want to hit Clark this time for being such a coward. Here it goes his chance.

Waiting for the next part and putting the kleenex next to the computer because of the wham you promised us.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I had forgotten all about the WHAM warning. Oh, this is not good. Not good at all.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
She halts and when her voice comes, it’s hollow and anguished. “You’d better go, Clark. I wouldn’t want you to miss your flight.” She doesn’t make a motion to turn around, to face me. My heart is breaking.

“Goodbye, Lois,” I say softly. I walk up behind her and place a kiss, ever so gently, in her hair. I feel a slight hesitation in her, as if she might want to turn around. But she doesn’t.

And then I walk away.
And he doesn't get far because with his superhearing he can hear the tiny soft sobs coming from Lois and so he turns back, shouts "Lois" and running back towards her says "I can't miss my flight", grabbing her in his arms he hurdles skyward.

Rest of discussion occurs floating above Metropolis.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper hyper

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Andreia, thanks for the name of this FDK thread: Super Dense Man. Yes, indeed!

And while I'm quoting Andreia... I simply loved this, too:
quote:

“No,” she says, blushing. “Actually, I was thinking how good your name looks next to mine.
Smooth. laugh Do you want her to draw you a diagram, Clark?
I love it!!!! razz

“You have!” he exclaims a little too happily.
Of course it makes Chad happy to understand the kind of fantasies you've had about Lois, Clark! laugh

Lois Lane, aggressive investigative reporter who you told me wants to get her first Pulitzer by the time she’s thirty? *That* Lois Lane asked you to help her write the story? Buddy, she’s hot for you.”

“You think so?”

“I know so.”
And Chad's clear-eyed power of observation... Clark, I think you need him around you more often.

That bit of insight sends a thrill through me. So I wasn’t just imagining it. If I hadn’t stopped her tonight, when we were walking to her apartment, she would have kissed me. My stomach hollows out and feels like it’s sliding, and all the blood seems to have left my head.
Hmmm, aaahh, yes, hmmmmmmmm......

We sit in silence for a few seconds and I can tell Chad is working on another way to harass me about Lois. I finally think of something to say to take the focus off of me. “Oh, by the way, Jimmy says he wants his magazine back from you, ‘Bikes and Babes’?” I grin lopsidedly at him.
Okay, good... it was time for a little comeback, Clark!

Lois nods at him, looking resigned. At least I’m hoping she looks resigned. She wouldn’t try to sneak on board would she? Wouldn’t she? I smile to myself. I know the answer.
So do we!!! Clark, you can't stay in Smallville for very long, when you are so urgently needed in Metropolis to save Lois Lane's life!

“Clark, I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed having you here. If you ever decide that being an editor isn’t your cup of tea – believe me, I’ve asked myself that more than once – I want you to know that you’ve always got a job waiting for you here.”
And Perry tells Clark this - the job is yours, so what are you waiting for, Clark?

Wow. I can’t believe what I’m hearing. It’s what I’ve always wanted.
So tell him you want that job already!

And yet, it’s not possible, at least not right now. I have to get a few other things cleared up and make a few decisions before I could even consider something like this.
Duh. He's going home to Smallville to talk to Lana first. ("Lana, I really want this job. It's what I always wanted." - "I can't leave Smallville, Clark! What about my internship in the Mayor's office? Do I mean so little to you that you'll give me up to be a reporter in Metropolis, when you can be an editor here, and have me?" - "No, uh, of course not, Lana, I, uh...." - "Good. Then that's settled. You'll stay in Smallville with me. Let's see, I think it would be nice if we got married about a month from now....")

I turn to look at Lois who is still staring down at the paper in front of her.

“No,” she says, blushing. “Actually, I was thinking how good your name looks next to mine. Mine being first of course.”
She's blushing when she's thinking about how good their names look together! Oh, Lois, are you thinking about a few more things, too? goofy

“So what’s your *type*, Clark?” Lois asks me as we walk, finally breaking the silence.
Good question, Lois!

“Well the other night you asked me why Lex Luthor wasn’t my type, and I told you that I was looking for someone who could be honest with me.”
Right... and honesty doesn't necessarily come that easily to Clark....

Keep your pants on, I’m getting ready to come clean, I tell myself. I turn to look at her. “Yeah.”
thumbsup

“So what are you looking for?”

After my last conversation with Lana, that’s easy. “Acceptance.”

“Acceptance?”

“Yeah. I want someone who can accept me for exactly who I am. Someone who doesn’t think they need to mold me, change me, or force me to be someone I don’t want to be.”
Very good. Very, very good. Seriously good, not just jokingly-funny good.

We both laugh together. It feels so good, so right. I wish it could last. I wish I didn’t have to tell her. Did it even matter now? Lana and I probably aren’t even going to stay together...
But this dastardly farmboy is always looking for an excuse not to tell her the truth, isn't he?

“You know,” she says, putting her arm through mine, “I bet if you wanted to fulfill that boyhood dream of yours and move to Metropolis, that Perry would probably give you a job,” Lois tells me, giving my arm a squeeze.

“That’s what I was hoping for,” she says, stopping our walk and moving in close to me. Her face is just inches from mine, her lips just a moment away. Oh god, I want to kiss her so badly. She looks so beautiful in the light of the setting sun. I want to take her in my arms and just hold her and forget about the rest of the world. But I can’t.
It's so beautiful... and he can't.

“I can’t,” I say softly, lifting my hand to brush a piece of hair that had fallen across her eyes. “Lois, there’s something I really need to tell you before I leave.”
Okay, good. You're so right, there is something - actually, there are two things - that you really need to tell her.

“I should have told you this sooner. I don’t know why I didn’t - I’m ashamed I didn’t. If you give me the chance to prove it, I promise I’ll always be honest with you from here on out.”

She takes a step back and lightly pushes my arm away. My heart sinks, but I push forward. “Remember when I asked if you were married and you said you weren’t and then asked me if I was?”

“Oh my god! You’re married?” she exclaims.

Whoops! “No, no, I’m not married.” She visibly relaxes a little at that admission. “But I do have a girlfriend.”

“I see,” she says softly. She’s upset, I can tell, and rightfully so.
Good. You needed to tell her this. And we can't blame Lois for being a little bit upset when you told her.

“Is she the reason you never moved to Metropolis?” she asks quietly. “You told me you’d always wanted to work for the Daily Planet, but yet you never moved up here. You said it was for personal reasons. Is she the reason?”

I nod my head at her.
Smart, Lois.

“I think that would be a lot to give up for someone - your dreams - even if you love them. You must have one heck of a reason for calling it quits with her,” she pauses for a moment and when I don’t say anything, she continues, “Are you breaking up with her because of me?”
Smarter, Lois. And you know he's half-lying when he's half-denying it.

But can anyone ever love me for who I *truly* am? Could she? I wonder as I look into her face. She has a determined look in her eyes. What is she thinking?

Then she opens her mouth and says the one thing that catches me off guard. “Is that it? Is that everything? Are you hiding anything else?”
Provisionary membership in Mensa International, Lois.

“You said you’d be honest with me, from here on out, always. So I’m asking. Are you hiding anything else?”

I’m floored. I don’t know what to say. I promised her I’d be honest with her, but I can’t, not completely, not yet. I can’t tell her about *me* yet, I don’t know her well enough. Could I trust her? What if she wrote an article about me? They’d take me away and lock me up for sure... But I promised.

“Yes.”
And you made him admit...something.

“There is one other thing. I promised you I would be honest with you, and I will, but you have to give me time to get to know you. We have to give each other time. It’s something I would share with you in time; *now* just isn’t the right time.” A shadow seems to come across her face. She looks disappointed.
Well, DJ... you know I always want Clark to tell Lois his secret. Always. God, I'm so predictable. And in this story... hasn't Lois been unusally nice? She called Clark a cute farmboy. She asked Clark to help her write her story. She told him their bylines looked good together. She smiles and blushes and wants to kiss him. She calls her interview with Lex Luthor an interview and turns down any more "interviews" with him. What reason do you have not to trust Lois, Clark? Couldn't you have asked if you could go somewhere private because this was a big thing you wanted to share with her and the street wasn't private enough?

Please... please, don’t, I think at her. Give me a chance.

“Then I think it’s time for us to say goodnight, Clark.” Her voice is deathly quiet as she turns away from me.

“Goodnight, or goodbye?” I ask her, holding my breath.
Why do you insist on postponing the revelation, Clark? You love her, she loves you, but you'd rather risk losing her than risk telling her now?

With her back to me I can’t see her face, but I hear the soft sniffle escape from her. “Just goodnight,” she pauses, standing a little taller and squaring her shoulders and then continues, “But if you’re leaving I guess it has to be goodbye also. Look me up next time you’re in Metropolis. Maybe we can take another walk. Maybe you’ll have more you want to say.” She starts to take a few steps away from me.
Lois tells him that she will listen to him if he wants to speak to her later. Good, Lois. But Andreia, I agree with you: Clark is a Super Dense Man. (Look! Up in the sky! It's SuperDenseMan!)

And then I walk away.
And your precious, precious secret is safe from the wiles of Lois Lane, Clark. I'm so proud of you.... Not. Hey, where is Chad when we need him? Someone's gotta beat some sense into that dense, dense skull of yours, oh Densest Son of Krypton!

And Lois. I gave you provisional membership in Mensa international. To become a permanent member you'll need to figure out his secret, the fact that this cute farmboy is a superdense Kryptonian, on your own.

Two more chapters to go, DJ. Like others have said, this is an excellent and just so enjoyable story!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Chad’s eyebrows arch another notch higher, if that’s possible. “Uh, sorry. I didn’t realize you were so touchy about Lois.”

Yeah, I know, join the club.
HAH!

I’d been doing a lot of strange behavior since meeting Lois, but somehow it had seemed like the right thing to do.
Awww Lois would be so proud! Our little Clarkie is growing up!

And the ending? whinging whinging whinging

You've got two chapter to fix things, so get to it!
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh WOW! Look at all these wonderful responses...

I promise I'm coming back later to say a proper thank you and make note of a couple of things.

Actually I already had written what I wanted to say, but apparently I used too many emoticons in my message so when I hit "submit" it told me I had to many and to hit my broswer's "back button" but when I did that, it was all gone. So gotta try again - but busy at work right now.

Thank you everyone!!! -- There, that will have to suffice for now. laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ugh. We really only 2 parts left? How is that possible? And I don't want a WHAM either. I want a gosh-darn, happy ending to this inevitable love story...........

What's your price??

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
OMG! I completely forgot about the WHAM too. Oh no! I desperately want a happy ending here. Please!! mecry

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I'm home and I'm back now. Thank you again for all the wonderful comments. I enjoyed them immensely.

Andreia --

Thank you for that awesome tag line on my fdk thread. "Super Dense Man" Hah! That was priceless!

Those muscles come in handy for many things. I can think a few that have nothing to do with busting in a door.
Ha ha! goofy That was too cute.

Maria --

Beautiful!
Awww, thank you! And thank you for the comments!

Ann -

I wouldn't care if your comments were worded the exact same way, I'd still love them of course they never are worded the exact same though...

Gotta love Chad... did I say that already? And DJ, gotta love you for writing this delicious piece of dialogue!
Again I must say that I'm just tickled how much everyone loved Chad. Tee hee. He was a lotta fun to write.

DJ, are you sure all of this story belongs in the PG folder? All of it? Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, I know, I know..... <mutters something unintelligible>
Do you know how hard that made me laugh? goofy I told you this one was PG - but I do have some *n* in the works for another story. Never fear...

("Lana, I really want this job. It's what I always wanted." - "I can't leave Smallville, Clark! What about my internship in the Mayor's office? Do I mean so little to you that you'll give me up to be a reporter in Metropolis, when you can be an editor here, and have me?" - "No, uh, of course not, Lana, I, uh...." - "Good. Then that's settled. You'll stay in Smallville with me. Let's see, I think it would be nice if we got married about a month from now....")
OMG! I read this and busted out laughing, so I read it again and then laughed again. Ann you are so funny! I can just picture our poor Clark saying these exacts words, can't you? Hee hee.

Very good. Very, very good. Seriously good, not just jokingly-funny good.
Thanks I appreciated that. One of those things I stewed and fretted over what his response would be. Glad you liked it.

Provisionary membership in Mensa International, Lois.
Ha ha!!!

Andreia, I agree with you: Clark is a Super Dense Man. (Look! Up in the sky! It's SuperDenseMan!)
Hee hee. But don't forget the other name Andreia has for him "SuperDoorMatMan" Ha ha!

Thanks for all your wonderful comments Ann!

Jen --

And the ending?

You've got two chapter to fix things, so get to it!
Jen
Yes Ma'am! I'll get right on that. Next part will be out tomorrow morning (or morning where I am)... Thanks for the fdk.

Chris --

Ugh. We really only 2 parts left? How is that possible? And I don't want a WHAM either. I want a gosh-darn, happy ending to this inevitable love story...........
I didn't exactly say the story would end badly... not that I'm saying it won't, mind you notworthy See you in the morning!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I guess I forgot about that sticky little wham warning, too...

Ah, DJ, this was just a wonderfully written part!!

I love these lines:

“Uh, ...duh. Are you just now seeing that? Man, are you dense or what?”
I feel a blush creep across my cheeks. I’ve thought about more than that.
...she’s hot for you.”
Oh, I hope not, Clark:

My first by-line for the Daily Planet. I wish it wasn’t my last.
Better have that job before you go back to Smallville.
I want you to know that you’ve always got a job waiting for you here.”
Oh, this is so sweet. Isn't acceptance what we all want?

“So what’s your *type*, Clark?” Lois asks me as we walk, finally breaking the silence.

“Excuse me?” I ask her.

“Acceptance?”
Great line - Kiss her Clark, Kiss her!!
Oh god, I want to kiss her so badly. She looks so beautiful in the light of the setting sun
If Lana really loved him, she'd go to Metropolis with him. Surely she knows how important it is to him? Nah, maybe not - or she just doesn't care.

“Is she the reason you never moved to Metropolis?” she asks quietly. “You told me you’d always wanted to work for the Daily Planet, but yet you never moved up here. You said it was for personal reasons. Is she the reason?”

I nod my head at her.
Surely Lois should give him a little break. He told he would tell her eventually.

Are you hiding anything else?”
Ahhhh....

“Then I think it’s time for us to say goodnight, Clark.” Her voice is deathly quiet as she turns away from me.

“Goodnight, or goodbye?” I ask her, holding my breath.
Off to read the next part...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
When he sees me walk in, covered in mud, his eyebrows shoot up. This is probably another suit ruined.
LOL! Awww. I hadn't thought of that! Poor Clark.

Chad’s eyebrows arch another notch higher, if that’s possible. “Uh, sorry. I didn’t realize you were so touchy about Lois.”

Yeah, I know, join the club. Great.
LOL!!!

“And you were going to what? Break in? Trespass? That doesn’t sound like you, Clark.”

No kidding. I’d been doing a lot of strange behavior since meeting Lois, but somehow it had seemed like the right thing to do.
*grins*

Chad’s eyebrow’s creep up to that previously high level. “Asked you to? We’re talking about the same woman here, aren’t we? Lois Lane, aggressive investigative reporter who you told me wants to get her first Pulitzer by the time she’s thirty? *That* Lois Lane asked you to help her write the story? Buddy, she’s hot for you.”
ROTFL!!! That's one way to look at it! *g*

Lois nods at him, looking resigned. At least I’m hoping she looks resigned. She wouldn’t try to sneak on board would she? Wouldn’t she? I smile to myself. I know the answer.
You're passing this Lois 101 course with flying colors. wink

“No,” she says, blushing. “Actually, I was thinking how good your name looks next to mine. Mine being first of course.”
OOH!

“So what are you looking for?”

Awwww!

“That’s what I was hoping for,” she says, stopping our walk and moving in close to me. Her face is just inches from mine, her lips just a moment away. Oh god, I want to kiss her so badly.
Gah!!!! This can only be bad... she's going to freak out on you when she finds out about Lana!

“I can’t,” I say softly, lifting my hand to brush a piece of hair that had fallen across her eyes. “Lois, there’s something I really need to tell you before I leave.”
Whew! (and awww frown )

Then she opens her mouth and says the one thing that catches me off guard. “Is that it? Is that everything? Are you hiding anything else?”
OOOOOH!! Tell her now, or you'll never make it work with her!

And then I walk away.
Awww! frown

Only two more parts... *wonders what and when the WHAM will be...*

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard