Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31091 07/23/06 06:02 AM
eminMN Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
I just got a chance to catch up on this story, and I am very much enjoying it so far.

The exposition that we have seen hints that this will be a dark and pensive story, but in a good way. The quality of your writing is very good, and I have been drawn into the story.

I am looking forward to more sections.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I like it, too. The hints that there was a second super-clone, the imminent danger that Leviathan poses to our favorite super-couple, the nearness of the rest of the Lane family (who seem to make good candidates for the WHAM you warned us about), your warning about Dark Superman (about whom I'm already wondering), the easy banter on a Monday morning, Clark's failure to discern between Lois and Lucy (which might also foreshadow an important plot point), and the general high quality of the prose all make this one of the stories which I hope continues quickly. Even this early in the story, the new characters are well-drawn, the conflict has been defined, and the participants have been introduced swiftly and efficiently. I'm looking forward to following this one.

As Bette Davis once famously said, "Buckle your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride!"

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
I am hoping Clark's oops with Lucy was an oops and nothing more. Anything other is too spooky to ponder.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I just read the first 3 parts and really enjoyed them. I can't wait to see where this is going.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I think this shows a lot of promise too. Keep up the good work. I'll be waiting for more. smile

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just to let you know I've been skimming this story with increasing interest, and plan to read it properly at some point. Just from what I've seen so far, I can tell it's a well-balanced mix of original A-plot and B-plot, and the characters are very nicely drawn. Keep posting!

Yvonne

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard