Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30907 07/12/06 04:15 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow it was all going so well and then BAM!Poor Clark! And is Lois insain? How could she leave like that? She is kissing both her fantasies all at once. I'd at least have asked him to explain himself (before jumping him). Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Poor Clark. Just when he thought things were perfect. Please don't leave us hanging too long. peep

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
!!!!!

I loved this! The writing was wonderful, and oh, boy — what a first chapter!

Don't make us wait too long for the second part. smile

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great start!

The Dick Clark conversation was classic. I can just see Lois listing off her opinion about him lol.

And the kiss was written beautifully. For some reason, it's always so much nicer to hear what Lois is thinking...I guess the 'ole tough reporter finally breaking you know, as opposed to Clark who's loved her for a while, etc.

And ooooh. Spandex. What a slap in the face! I can't wait to see how that's going to play out!

Jen
thumbsup

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well I'm not surprised to hear that you got tremendous feedback when you posted this before.
If this really is your first attempt at fanfic you are a natural.
I like it when you ad props and flashbacks of daily life to illustrate Lois feelings. The sequence of the gift unwrapping hits hard. Looking forward to the rest. smile

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great part! I loved Lois's babbling, and Clark's reaction to it. Wonderful description of the warm, sweet love between these two people. This was just beautiful:

The rules that slowly eroded as the two became closer, their partnership evolving to friendship, which later turned to the most intimate relationship she had ever experienced. It didn’t matter that they had never dated, never made love, never really kissed. He still knew her better than anybody she knew, any lover she had had, any person she had befriended.
I just loved Lois's observation that her friendship with Clark was the most intimate relationship she had ever had, even if they had never even kissed properly.

Now they did kiss, however! And it was wonderful. But I couldn't understand Lois's horrible reaction at finding Clark's Superman suit. Clark had already hinted that he had something very, very important to tell her. Why would she take his Superman identity so badly? Was it because she felt so betrayed that he had pretended to be shot to death earlier, and had let her grieve for him as dead?

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
poetry, pure poetry

you write so beautifully....The only thing that would spoil your story for me is a long wait for the next instalments....good luck and keep it up

your ending is great, i loved the ubrupt departure.... kindof gives me the impression of looking at some exquisite crystal ornament, with your brilliant description of each facet in each sentence, only to have it drop and shatter on the floor....

welcome back to the world of fandom by the way,

notworthy

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
Features Writer
Features Writer
wow love it more more more smile1 thumbsup hyper

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
This is a great story...I'm so glad you decided to repost it, since I never got to read it the first time around. smile

I love your writing style, it's very easy to see in my head, just like watching an episode.

I look forward to the next part with great anticipation smile1

Keep it coming

FinLi

Clark: "Can I have a rat chief? Can I, huh? Please?"

Perry: "Clark, do you want me to send you to the dark room?"

Clark: "The dark room?"
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Caroline, you're back!!! Thank you - you have no idea how much I had loved this story smile

I reread this part, and I still think it's fantastic. Will be looking forward to the next parts smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Blogger
Blogger
Thanks all for the kind comments. It's nice to know that I may not be totally insane for wanting to give this another shot.

Si je t'aime, prends garde a toi.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh fantastic! I'm off to read part 2.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Columnist
Columnist
That was great. Reading part 2 now. Keep it coming.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard