Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Laurach FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/12/06 08:15 PM
Wow it was all going so well and then BAM!Poor Clark! And is Lois insain? How could she leave like that? She is kissing both her fantasies all at once. I'd at least have asked him to explain himself (before jumping him). Laura
Posted By: Sheila Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/12/06 08:53 PM
Poor Clark. Just when he thought things were perfect. Please don't leave us hanging too long. peep
Posted By: angelic_editor Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/12/06 10:17 PM
!!!!!

I loved this! The writing was wonderful, and oh, boy — what a first chapter!

Don't make us wait too long for the second part. smile
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/12/06 11:34 PM
Great start!

The Dick Clark conversation was classic. I can just see Lois listing off her opinion about him lol.

And the kiss was written beautifully. For some reason, it's always so much nicer to hear what Lois is thinking...I guess the 'ole tough reporter finally breaking you know, as opposed to Clark who's loved her for a while, etc.

And ooooh. Spandex. What a slap in the face! I can't wait to see how that's going to play out!

Jen
thumbsup
Posted By: Arawn Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/13/06 01:20 AM
Well I'm not surprised to hear that you got tremendous feedback when you posted this before.
If this really is your first attempt at fanfic you are a natural.
I like it when you ad props and flashbacks of daily life to illustrate Lois feelings. The sequence of the gift unwrapping hits hard. Looking forward to the rest. smile
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/13/06 02:37 AM
Great part! I loved Lois's babbling, and Clark's reaction to it. Wonderful description of the warm, sweet love between these two people. This was just beautiful:

The rules that slowly eroded as the two became closer, their partnership evolving to friendship, which later turned to the most intimate relationship she had ever experienced. It didn’t matter that they had never dated, never made love, never really kissed. He still knew her better than anybody she knew, any lover she had had, any person she had befriended.
I just loved Lois's observation that her friendship with Clark was the most intimate relationship she had ever had, even if they had never even kissed properly.

Now they did kiss, however! And it was wonderful. But I couldn't understand Lois's horrible reaction at finding Clark's Superman suit. Clark had already hinted that he had something very, very important to tell her. Why would she take his Superman identity so badly? Was it because she felt so betrayed that he had pretended to be shot to death earlier, and had let her grieve for him as dead?

Ann
Posted By: beethoven Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/13/06 04:27 AM
poetry, pure poetry

you write so beautifully....The only thing that would spoil your story for me is a long wait for the next instalments....good luck and keep it up

your ending is great, i loved the ubrupt departure.... kindof gives me the impression of looking at some exquisite crystal ornament, with your brilliant description of each facet in each sentence, only to have it drop and shatter on the floor....

welcome back to the world of fandom by the way,

notworthy
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/13/06 06:10 AM
wow love it more more more smile1 thumbsup hyper
Posted By: FinLi Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/13/06 06:43 AM
This is a great story...I'm so glad you decided to repost it, since I never got to read it the first time around. smile

I love your writing style, it's very easy to see in my head, just like watching an episode.

I look forward to the next part with great anticipation smile1

Keep it coming

FinLi
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/13/06 07:17 AM
Caroline, you're back!!! Thank you - you have no idea how much I had loved this story smile

I reread this part, and I still think it's fantastic. Will be looking forward to the next parts smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: MadameButterfly Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/14/06 02:16 PM
Thanks all for the kind comments. It's nice to know that I may not be totally insane for wanting to give this another shot.
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/14/06 03:21 PM
Hi,

Great start. hyper
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/14/06 08:28 PM
Oh fantastic! I'm off to read part 2.

Jackie
Posted By: Tahu Re: FDK After Midnight part 1 - 07/15/06 01:23 AM
That was great. Reading part 2 now. Keep it coming.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards