Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay Sue...I'm going to start this comment thread because I know you have readers out there on the PG boards, I've seen them and heard them. And I really want to see you finish this on the PG boards as well.

I'm not sure why no one has commented on this part because I LOVED it when I was beta reading it. Lois' "good idea" of crashing the Jeep to expose Superman...it went horribly wrong. Ha ha! I was in total shock when Superman/Clark didn't save them, and then them laughing about it afterwards, priceless. That was all so funny! One of the best revelations I've read. Mad Dog Lane at her very finest!

Please post the final part! Do you need help working the nfic in it down to PG? Holler at me if you need help! I'm anxious to see how you are able to do the final part. Don't get discouraged...I just know people are reading it.

If you readers out there need a recap or need to get caught up - and want Sue to finish this - go check it out. Here are the parts:

Evasive Action - Part One of Five
Part Two of Five
Part Three of Five
Part Four of Five

Part 5???

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like DJ said, that scene with Lois driving off the cliff to force Clark to reveal his Superman identity is absolutely priceless. I'd strongly recommend gfic readers to check out Sue's postscript to Evasive Action 7/7 in the nfic folder. In this postscript, Sue explains what inspired her to write this driving-off-the-cliff scene. Priceless! And topical in these Superman movie days. (Though I suppose that postscript will be there in the final part of the PG version of this story, too.) Anyway, be sure to check out that postscript!! jump

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don't get discouraged...I just know people are reading it.
Definitely no need to get discouraged, Sue.

Traditionally speaking, when a story has been posted in nfic and is getting a LOT of attention there, you'll find that you get very little fdk over here in gfic. You won't be the first author to fall foul of that or the last. smile

I know several authors who've wondered whether it was worth continuing with the gfic version as segment posts get little or no response. I've been there myself, too.

Technically, you'd figure that - even though most of those readers inclined to post fdk here on the mbs will have posted their fdk over in nfic and won't see the point in posting it here again - there would still be enough readers here in gfic who don't frequent the nfic folder to take up the slack. Strangely, it never seems to work that way.

It's no reflection on the quality of the story though, so don't be disheartened.

Besides, I've been looking forward to seeing this one on the Archive, so if you don't finish pgifying it... laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Blogger
Blogger
I'm enjoying your story, Sue. I hope you post part 5 soon smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL - I like the FDK title.

I read it when it was first posted and I'm sorry I didn't comment - RL was nipping at my heels.

Awesome stuff and I plan to reread.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
T
Blogger
Blogger
T
well my approval hasn't come through for the nfic folder yet. and I'm dying over here! This is a darn good story and I wanna read the end. Flat out one of the best reveal stunts I've ever seen. With anyone else it wouldn't be belivable. but lois actually is just crazy enough to do it.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you get access to the Nfic section just if you ask for it. I never got any confirmation.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Just click on the underlined blue nFanfic line. Don't click on the red "Click here" line.

Ann

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Access to the nfic forum requires you to fill in the access request form (link from the nfic folder on the forum home page). Access is not an automatic process. It's dependent on an admin (usually me <G>) getting the email and adjusting your profile settings to let you in. So, please, do be patient on getting a reply. Real life does have to be attended to by admins too, now and then, and we don't sit at the pc 24/7. (Just sometimes seems that way laugh )

Arawn - I'm not aware of any outstanding nfic requests. You would have been sent an email telling you that you had nfic access or that you had been denied access for whatever reason. It could be that the email to you bounced - had a few of those over the years. wink

I've checked your profile, however, and you have been given access. So there should be no reason why you can't get into the nfic folder. If you're having problems, email the admins and we'll see what we can do to sort them out.

This, of course, applies to everyone. If you don't get an email response from the admins or have a problem with the forum, do email the admins to let us know. Otherwise, we'll have no idea you need help. (Unless of course we just happen to enter a thread such as this one on a whim. laugh )

Just click on the underlined blue nFanfic line. Don't click on the red "Click here" line.
It depends what you want to do. If you are trying to access the nfic folder, then, yes, click on 'Nfanfic'. If you're trying to obtain permission to access the nfic folder, then you will have to click on 'click here', fill in the form you are taken to, and mail it to the admins, so that they can process your request. If you haven't gone through this process, you won't be able to access the nfic folder.

Please note that you have to be a/ a member of the forum and b/ over 18 to access the nfic folder. (You have no idea how many times we get an access request form in from non-board members).

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey Labby. I don't think Arawn was saying she (she?) didn't have access to nfic. I think she was mainly pointing out that she didn't get confirmation of it when it was granted. I think she was letting ToketsuPuurin know that she might have access even if she hadn't received notification.

But I could be wrong.

Sue - if you're reading this... see what you've done? Making someone wait for your story... it's just a crime! wink Told you people were reading over here on the PG side. wildguy

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
MetroRhodes,

That was exactly what I meant. I never got any confirmation on my request, I just one day discovered that I could access the archive. I thought then that any screening was done when registering, and that access to the Nfic section was simply automatically granted upon request.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, I realised that. That was why I said this:

Arawn - I'm not aware of any outstanding nfic requests. You would have been sent an email telling you that you had nfic access or that you had been denied access for whatever reason. It could be that the email to you bounced - had a few of those over the years.
Which was in direct response to Arawn saying she'd had no confirmation.

I then simply added the remainder just in case she was also having problems accessing the folder - over and above the confirmation issue.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
No, but thank you for your concern. smile

Btw, it's a "he" actually. peep

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of course it is. :rolleyes: /me slaps herself for this lapse on Welsh mythology. Should know better, really. <sigh>

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
DJ joins LabRat in a hearty slap - Ouch!

Sorry Arawn! blush laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard