OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Fic can be found here.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
*melts* I love this sweet continuation of Wish Upon a Perseid. The revelation was perfect. The cape definitely would have come in handy. I needed cheering up today and this warmed my heart and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Ahhhh LOVE IT!!! love

Originally Posted by Toomi8
“No. I don’t need to. I’ve got everything I need right here.”

DIES

What a perfect fic and wonderful sequel to your previous story! clap

Thank you for finishing this and sharing!

-Bek

Features Writer
Features Writer
So sweet, and I actually felt bummed for Clark that the weather worked against him here frown
But loved the reveal and the tenderness of it :3
I'm always a sucker for cuddles in the sky.

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
So happy that there was a second part to Perseids!

I can tell by the way he’s not teasing me as I whine about the cold.
I LOVE this detail.

He’s not going to propose. He wouldn’t be that stupid. We’ve only been dating for three months; not nearly enough time to find out if he wants to be around me when I’m feeling especially antagonistic.
I full out cracked up at this. It says so much about her that she uses the idea of being with her long-term as a threat! And such a great tone here.

What if he does propose? I’d be an idiot to say anything other than…
jawdrop

Clark chuckles as he reaches a hand up to brush the snowflakes from my cheeks, and kisses the tip of my nose.
Swoon!

Him taking her up beyond the cloud cover so subtly really undid me! I loved that element. Apparently I'm a sucker for big mid-air emotional conversations. This was such a sweet story!

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Songbird
*melts* I love this sweet continuation of Wish Upon a Perseid. The revelation was perfect. The cape definitely would have come in handy. I needed cheering up today and this warmed my heart and put a smile on my face. Thank you!

I'm glad it warmed you up on a cool November day smile

Originally Posted by SuperBek
Ahhhh LOVE IT!!! love

Originally Posted by Toomi8

DIES

What a perfect fic and wonderful sequel to your previous story! clap

Thank you for finishing this and sharing!

-Bek

You'd laugh at how many times I tried to find the ending line.... half of one of our sprints was dedicated to ending this story and I deleted most of it crazy

Originally Posted by Blueowl
So sweet, and I actually felt bummed for Clark that the weather worked against him here frown
But loved the reveal and the tenderness of it :3
I'm always a sucker for cuddles in the sky.

I agree. Cuddles in the sky are fantastic.

Originally Posted by JadedEvie
So happy that there was a second part to Perseids!

I can tell by the way he’s not teasing me as I whine about the cold.
I LOVE this detail.

He’s not going to propose. He wouldn’t be that stupid. We’ve only been dating for three months; not nearly enough time to find out if he wants to be around me when I’m feeling especially antagonistic.
I full out cracked up at this. It says so much about her that she uses the idea of being with her long-term as a threat! And such a great tone here.

jawdrop

Clark chuckles as he reaches a hand up to brush the snowflakes from my cheeks, and kisses the tip of my nose.
Swoon!

Him taking her up beyond the cloud cover so subtly really undid me! I loved that element. Apparently I'm a sucker for big mid-air emotional conversations. This was such a sweet story!

I'm glad you liked it, and picked my favourite parts to comment on blush

1 member likes this: JadedEvie
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
OH THE FEEELS!!! GAHHH!! Toomi, I love love love this little ... I guess you'd call it a duet since there are two—Perseids and Leonid! The tone is just so...I don't know how to describe it...like peaceful yet just fullllll of emotion, and you matched the tone of the first one but upped the stakes. Gahhh, I could just feel for Clark SO much even though we're in Lois's POV. Ahhhh I loved so much of this and wish I could comment on all the things!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Toomi!

continuation, if you will, from the first ficlet Friday a year ago.
Oooooohhhhh!

I’m cold. It’s mid-November, there’s snow on the ground, and instead of curling up inside with a movie and pizza, I’ve agreed to go on a stargazing date with Clark.
I’m thinking she’s still not regretting it.

Our first date, though I wasn’t aware of it at the time, was out of the city, watching the Persieds and was a spectacular first date.
Stealth dating!

We even endeavored to watch the Orionids a month ago, though the clouds moved in quickly and we were more interested in each other than watching the meteors.
Let’s hope there’s enough obscure meteor showers so they can date regularly.

Tonight we hadn’t left the city and I knew it would be too cloudy to see any meteors, but Clark kept driving. I should have driven; we’d be back at his place and warm by now if I had.
Hehehe

. He’s distracted. I can tell by the way he’s not teasing me as I whine about the cold. Instead of pushing to find out, I let him drive, keeping myself occupied by trying to figure out what he’s thinking about.
Maybe something to do with his disabilities like his being gravitationally and truthfully challenged?

He’s not going to propose. He wouldn’t be that stupid.
laugh

We’ve only been dating for three months; not nearly enough time to find out if he wants to be around me when I’m feeling especially antagonistic.
Oh this is gold! Also, he already seen her like that.
CLARK: Angry Lois is sexy!

Though if he insists that we’ll be watching the meteor shower under a cloud covered sky on a frigid night, we both might discover the answer to that question sooner rather than later.
I’ll just quote everything, okay?

. I also don’t think he brought me out here to break up with me. Even I have to admit we’ve been perfect for each other despite my constant attempts to find flaws in our relationship.
Fidgety Lois is so great! And that proposal remark, I think she’d say yes, or bolt, if he proposed now.

. I’d say the sex is great, but we haven’t crossed that threshold yet. Though considering how I melt when he kisses or touches me, I have full confidence it’ll be the best sex of my life.
To be fair, considering the other guys she dated intensively, that’s probably not to difficult. It will also be the best sex Clark has ever had.
LOIS : Yeah, right. I mean, really? You think so? peep

See?

He told me to dress warm, and I did… just not warm enough.
She dressed city-warm, didn’t she?

Awwwww, he’s cute!

“Can we go home now?” I’m trying so hard not to whine, but I’m freezing.
She would like Clark to warm her up?

I’m afraid of losing you,” he whispers.
Literally. There’s lots of precedent of misplacing Lois.

I planned this out. It was going to be a perfect night under the stars. I even had a speech memorized.”

“So why can’t you tell me?”

Clark laughs and points at the sky.

“It’s snowing and we can’t see the stars.”
lol

“Clark, there’s nothing you can say that will make me love you any less. I know you.”
Hey, look who just said the three words.

As Clark considers my words, I realize I’ve just told him I love him and I’m not running away!
rotflol

Clark gently traces my cheek with his thumb, and kisses me. The clouds around me get thicker and when we break the kiss, I can see the stars overhead.

“How…?” I gasp.

He doesn’t answer, but I can see he looks worried.

I know the answer but right now, staring into Clark’s eyes, I can’t make those two thoughts collide. It can’t be! But I can’t bring myself to look down and confirm it.
Awwww

“I love you, Lois Lane.”

“I love you too, Clark Kent. Can we please go home now?”
Awwwww

“Did you wish upon a star?” I ask him.

Very sweet ending clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
OH THE FEEELS!!! GAHHH!! Toomi, I love love love this little ... I guess you'd call it a duet since there are two—Perseids and Leonid! The tone is just so...I don't know how to describe it...like peaceful yet just fullllll of emotion, and you matched the tone of the first one but upped the stakes. Gahhh, I could just feel for Clark SO much even though we're in Lois's POV. Ahhhh I loved so much of this and wish I could comment on all the things!!

Sara smile

I'm glad you enjoyed it smile

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Toomi!

Though if he insists that we’ll be watching the meteor shower under a cloud covered sky on a frigid night, we both might discover the answer to that question sooner rather than later.
I’ll just quote everything, okay?

Sure wink

. I’d say the sex is great, but we haven’t crossed that threshold yet. Though considering how I melt when he kisses or touches me, I have full confidence it’ll be the best sex of my life.
To be fair, considering the other guys she dated intensively, that’s probably not to difficult. It will also be the best sex Clark has ever had.
LOIS : Yeah, right. I mean, really? You think so? peep

Hahahaha

He told me to dress warm, and I did… just not warm enough.
She dressed city-warm, didn’t she?

I love that you said that laugh We joke in town about dressing for a city winter and folks that come out to the country ill-prepared.

Awwwww, he’s cute!

Isn't he just! Despite being a lunkhead...

Very sweet ending clap

wave Michael

Glad you enjoyed and thanks for reviewing laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Happy to see this completed! What a perfect way for Clark to reveal who he really is!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Ah, so lovely! The picture of the two of them in a snowy landscape and the meteors above is so pretty! And this is an adorable confession! Good job, Toomi!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard