A
Story

I love this one. It was fun to write.

AmandaK #299208 02/16/24 12:20 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm grinning like an idiot now.
This was so sweet and adorably them.
So much for not changing anything, but it has been a long time.
I guess HG Wells isn't going to fix this, and now, I think Lois and Clark would fight teeth and nail for him not to.
Looking forward to more..... laugh

AmandaK #299209 02/16/24 12:35 PM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Great story. If there is no way to avoid making any changes at all then you might as well make some changes that you want.

Ohh the trouble they could cause...
When are they going to start stalking Lex?

Shallowford
AmandaK #299210 02/16/24 02:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love these!!! This one was sweet and adorable, and I am SO looking forward to finding out if Martha overheard and understood that conversation! More please! smile

~•~
AmandaK #299211 02/16/24 03:26 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Suddenly, the sound of someone clearing their throat came from behind and the two teenagers sprung apart, Clark’s hand dropping abruptly to his own lap. They both spun to see Martha Kent standing in the doorway between the living room and the kitchen.

“Mom!” Clark exclaimed, his eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights. "How long have you been standing there?"

Martha set her hands on her hips and eyed the teens disapprovingly. "Longer than you'd like"

Oh my stars and garters ...they are in so much trouble! blush Martha is going to pack Lois up and send her back to Metropolis quicker than you can say, 'hot apple pie!'

Great series!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
AmandaK #299216 02/17/24 01:15 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Amanda!
Wells never got back to them.
Well, I guess we wouldn’t have a fun series if he had hyper

So here they are trying not to change anything… or at least not too much…
LOIS: If I investigated Lex eight years sooner, you think he might be more vulnerable than he was? I mean, I could go undercover, given his schoolgirl fetish…
CLARK: shock

… but, well, changing things all over the place because it’s sort of hard not to… or just because they can.
laugh
CLARK: What? Rescuing people is what I always do? Did do. Did? /turns left/ You alright, Miss?
JENNA: /giggles nervously/

I am so glad your parents agreed to let me stay for the summer.” Lois said,
First kiss? When is this? And when did they allow live-in girlfriends?

“Are you kidding? They love having you here. Of course they agreed. I’m just surprised your parents let you come.”
Definitely teenagers. A dangerous time, this is for the hero. Hormones. I can sense hormones raging.

Lois giggled. “I just convinced Daddy that it would cost him a lot less money and time to simply send me here rather than try to force me to stay at ten different summer camps.
laugh
LOIS: No, Daddy, I really do want to spend summer on a farm. I love cows and pigs. Feeding them and milking them and collecting their eggs in the morning. Julie even told me that you get chocolate pies from brown cows!

“You wouldn’t really cause trouble.”
Probably discover a nefarious scheme involving camp girls and the gentlemen’s club in the next town over, resulting in the arrest of half the camp staff.

They were married for goodness’ sake – well… sort of
laugh

“Are you asking me to take you to the dance? You know I’d love to, but I don’t have any way to get to Metropolis. I still can’t… you know.” Clark moved his hand in a vague flying motion.
This really does sound like he’s around seventeen. And they let Lois visit?
LOIS: angel-devil

Clark blinked as his mind caught up to her babble. “So… you want to change something. You could avoid dancing to that song or maybe go with someone else?”
No, actually…

And so, I guess what I’m trying to say is – Clark, will you kiss me?”
Soul travel is weird.

Clark gasped and Lois was pleasantly surprised to realize that he was blushing now. “Lois! W-we’re kids!”
Oh, so, fourteen?

Lois rolled her eyes at him. “I’m thirteen, Clark. And you’re fourteen.”
/points above /

We’re still kids. We’re too young to be doing things like that.”
Has she flowered? Because I think Sansa and Joffrey were that age, too.

“Seriously?” Lois scoffed. “I guess I shouldn’t be that surprised coming from the guy who’s still a v… very patient man.”

Clark frowned at her even as his face turned the color of a tomato. “Not my fault.”

“Right. Blame H.G. Wells.
laugh

Lana and I were pretty good friends the last time around.”

“Oh, really? Why aren’t you now?”

“Well, I guess because now I’ve got you.”
Now there’s a change!

It wasn’t anything like the kisses they had shared before – when they were adults. It was short and simple and… sweet. And, as far as first kisses go, it was absolutely perfect. Because it was Clark.
Awww

Suddenly, the sound of someone clearing their throat came from behind and the two teenagers sprung apart, Clark’s hand dropping abruptly to his own lap.
laugh

“Mom!” Clark exclaimed, his eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights. “How long have you been standing there?”

Martha set her hands on her hips and eyed the teens disapprovingly. “Longer than you’d like”
evil

Looking forward to the next one!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
AmandaK #299217 02/17/24 06:46 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I audibly scream/laughed at the end!😱🤣
I hope we get a scene directly following this one.

AmandaK #299304 02/27/24 12:38 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This was so sweet. And what a way to use the Challenge phrase. I love it. Poor Clark, he's in for trouble. Amazing story

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
AmandaK #299585 03/30/24 10:29 PM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
This is so fun to work the challenge into this!

“I am so glad your parents agreed to let me stay for the summer.”
Awwwww!! I love this!

“You wouldn’t really cause trouble.”
This is so darling and naive.

He’d certainly gotten her out of enough scrapes in the past… future… whatever.
:rotfl:

They were married for goodness’ sake – well… sort of.
I love how many times you really make them allude to/reconcile with their dual reality.

I realized that I don’t want to leave something like that up to chance when I have the opportunity to decide who I want to share my first kiss with.
I feel like this is so sweet in the moment, but is so impactful to the reader because, well, isn't this what we all want? And not all of us get it.

Clark gasped and Lois was pleasantly surprised to realize that he was blushing now. “Lois! W-we’re kids!”
OMG, I just love Clark. So scandalized... But he's got to also be, what, 43 now, technically? lol

"Lana and I were pretty good friends the last time around.”
Bet that saved him a lot of drama this time!

Martha set her hands on her hips and eyed the teens disapprovingly. "Longer than you'd like"
This is perfect coming from her! Also, it's amazing that Clark's kept this from his parents for so long!! I get keeping it from the Lanes but I'm so impressed that they chose not to tell the Kents and then stuck to it!

This series is always so much fun to read!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard