#299046 02/02/24 08:54 AM
A
AmandaK Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
A
Story

Finally got this one out of my head. Let me know what you think.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
thud

Poor Clark.

Awesome writing. I held my breath with him. Too bad he didn't get out of this one. But perfect for the challenge. I really don't want to know how this continues.

*Not a huge fan of the-world-finds-out fics*

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh wow! This was short but intense, and if you're ever inclined to continue it, I certainly wouldn't mind reading more.

I've read fics were Clark gives up his secret after getting married and raising children to at least near-adulthood, and at least one where somebody backstabs him in the early days, but never this combination of choosing to act when Lois doesn't even know. It puts an interesting spin on everything. Are they dating yet? What is she thinking?

I totally get if you're not up for stretching this any further, but thank you for sharing it!

~•~
A
AmandaK Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
A
Bakasi - thanks. I'm not sure how it would continue myself. There are so many places it could go. I've only read a two the-world-finds-out fics and they both invilved Lois outing him early on - so very different dynamic. When I realized I have no idea where to take the story from here, I decided a stand alone one-shot would do just fine.

Queenofthecapes - in my mind this story takes place somewhere near the end of season 1 or beginning of season 2, depending on whether Lex should be a factor or not. But basically, Lous and Clark havr known each other long enough to be best friends but they aren't dating yet. Really though, it could take place anytime before she knows his secret. I just like it better before they are dating so Lois doesn't have any real cause to be overly angry at him.

As for continuing - I really haven't come up with anything beyond Lois writes the story and Clark comes to her window later but none of that is fleshed out even in my mind. I won't be writing anything more unless I can see a clear plot going somewhere or even just another complete scene.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow. This would definitely be an intense AU if it became a full series. I agree world reveals are hard to write. There's just so many things to consider and depending on the path. . . .

But either way, I'd still love to see the immediate aftermath... blush

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark's thoughts are so intense. The tension was very well written. I can see no way Clark can talk his way out of this. Bravo!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ackk! Intense!!

I'm with those who would like to see what happens next!

Last edited by SuperBek; 02/05/24 10:42 PM.
Columnist
Columnist
That's one way to reveal his secret. Wow! I'm glad he told Lois and Jimmy to run with the story. Wow.

Blogger
Blogger
I love how Clark's first thought was wellp, I'm screwed, Lois you've got the exclusive, Jimmy take all the pics! rotflol

Would love to see the fallout from this, but at the same time love it as it is.

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
This was so intense and put you right into the action - it was great!

It was a puff-piece – which Lois had grumbled about since they had received the assignment early that morning.
Love this detail - it made me grin.

...making angry claims and demands which no one would bother to remember after everything was said and done.
Ugh, that's so real.

As far as Clark could tell, the only path still available to him, without risking injury to those he passed, was straight up.
Oh, man, yikes! And I love this little reminder that he's essentially thinking on the z-axis, when most people only have x and y available.

Lois choked back a sob. “That’s right. You’re gonna be fine. I’m right here. I’ll stay with you.”
It's comedic that she goes all noble on him, but SO sweet that she's trying to buoy him up in what she thinks it a dire circumstance.

Sighing, Clark offered the younger man a sad smile. “Take the picture, Jimmy.”
Oh, that's heartbreaking.

Facing her one last time, he lifted his hand to rest on her cheek and tried to tell her through his gaze what he couldn’t say out loud.
whinging I think this means 'one last time' in this encounter, but it seems so permanent! I think this might be a one-shot (??) and if it is, now my headcanon is that this is the lasssst time he sees her!

This was so jam-packed with tension, and so emotion-filled!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Amanda!

Summary: Clark makes a desperate decision which will change the course of his life forever.
Huh. Lois getting iced? TOGoM? Lois falling out of her window?

It all happened so fast.

Normally six seconds would be plenty of time for him to dash out, change, dash back, and save the day. He was Superman after all.
Ooooh, he got to change because his wife doesn’t know he’s Superman.

The audience was crammed, shoulder to shoulder, in the main lobby of the building, in clear violation of fire codes. Lois and Jimmy were both holding onto Clark’s sleeves as they sought not to be separated by the jostling crowd. Despite the discomfort of the press of sweaty bodies in a room with air conditioning ill-equipped to accommodate such a throng
Reading this in a jam-packed subway car…

moving frantically away from the center of the room, pushing, and bumping into each other, making any route he might have used vanish instantly.
Like the Crazy Labyrinth!

But that would mean revealing himself to everyone.
Eep!

He pulled away from Lois and ran towards the grenade, throwing himself on top of the explosive just as it went off.
Oh boy.

His life, as he knew it, was over.
Oh boy.

“Did you see that?”

“He just jumped on top of it!”

“He saved us all…”

“Oh, man. CK.”

“Clark!”
He did a lot of planking?

Clark watched the pieces fall into place behind her eyes. Shock warred with relief as her mouth moved but no sound came out.
We mark this one in the ‘revelation’ category.

Clark looked up at Jimmy, who stood fidgeting with his camera in uncertainty. Sighing, Clark offered the younger man a sad smile. “Take the picture, Jimmy.”
laugh also… awwww

You’ve got the exclusive, Lois. Write what you think is best.”
Dangerous.

An instant later, he was gone.
Oh boy. Oh boy.

It does work very well both in the stand-alone and the start-off-point category. clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Great story!

I'm all for suspension of disbelief and I like Clark's secret identity but, honestly, I think something like this is how his secret would get out to the world.

On the other hand, we know that Lois could save him if she wanted to... in the sequel. wink

Shallowford

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard