Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Let me know what you think.

Last edited by bakasi; 12/07/23 03:26 PM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow. shock

How badly was Clark hurt? Will his secret be safe from Luthor? eek I think that last stunt certainly revealed it to Lois.

Can't wait for the next part!

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I love that this is actually a series now!! rotflol

This whole chapter just feel like pure adrenaline!

"I wanted to convince Mr. Kent to come to our wedding. Seems like you beat me to it.”
You really have a knack for writing Lex's gaslighting! This and the way he hands the ring back to her are so deeply sociopathic.

She shakes her head. “I know what you did!”
Mercy, Lois, that is not a smart move! This is so in character for her to just brashly throw herself into danger.

“Darling, Lois, these are the fantasies of a very desperate man. Nothing about this is true.”
I can just hear this in John Shea's voice. So well done.

The rage returns the feeling to my numb limbs and I hold onto it. All my life I've kept a tight rein on that particular emotion. But now I turn it into my anchor.
Oh, dang. That's so interesting! To use a negative emotion this way.

“Do you plan on marrying her at gun point, too?”
This line really got me! Clark finds his sass right now? He and Lois are such a perfect pair.

She's falling with me.
My heart stops.
This is so tense! shock

I cannot believe you're giving us a cliff-hanger here! But I'm so glad that this is a series now!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I. Have. No. Words!!!! Just....hnnnnng!!! COME BACK AND FINISH THIS!!!

Please. o.o

~•~
Features Writer
Features Writer
EEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!

shock

*eagerly awaiting next week's installment!!!*

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
I was going to wait until next week to read this... but couldn't resist. Is it next Friday yet?

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you so so much for your feedback. ❤️ I know this was kind of an evil cliffhanger.🫣 I'll go back to writing, so there will be another installment for next Friday

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
1 member likes this: JadedEvie
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!
I'd say, hope you enjoy, but well... Consider yourself warned.
What about reading this as a Christmas treat? peep
(FDK is a couple days late. Sorry!)

Lois? You're here? I had no idea!”
We all believe that, right?

I stumble back, catching myself against the banister, unsure what slams into me first. Is it Luthor’s hand as he pushes me out of the way, the dizziness that makes the room spin or the intense wave of agony?
At first I thought this was Lois. Then the idea came that this sounds like kryptonite poisoning.

His words are muffled by the ringing in my ears. “What a lovely surprise. I wanted to convince Mr. Kent to come to our wedding. Seems like you beat me to it.”
Lex is a bit icky there.

Still, I feel the radiation of the poisonous rock draining me.
/thinking back to the Discord discussion/
His life is quickly going down the drain. Hmm… that’s actually way too close to the correct meaning. I guess nothing beats a bad translation software.

Taking a deep breath, I manage to calm my racing heart and try not to look as if I’m about to collapse.
Keep up the façade!

Luthor holds out his arms to embrace Lois, but she retreats, one step back for each one he takes toward her.
I’ve seen this before. Jurassic Park, the Velociraptor scene.
With a final step she comes up to the wall behind her and suddenly, Luthor’s awfully close.
Oh come on. That’s *so* Jurassic Park.
[Linked Image]

Getting closer to the kryptonite will likely have me crumble in a heap right before his eyes.
That would be embarrassing.

Lois raises her chin in defiance. “There will be no wedding, Lex.”
LEX : confused

Did he tell you that?” As he points at me, his mask slips. Rage mares his features, before he schools them back into that jovial mask of a devoted fiancé. “Darling, Lois, these are the fantasies of a very desperate man. Nothing about this is true.”
Also, she might need a bit of rest. Maybe a bit of hormonal rebalancing?

Dark spots dance before my eyes.

Yet, I stand my ground. “Leave her alone!”
Poor Clark!

The room is spinning around me. “Do you plan on marrying her at gun point, too?”
If the archbishop agrees? It’s been good practice for centuries, why stop now?
TEMPUS: Copyright infringement!

The world spins around me like crazy. Pain explodes in my chest the moment I hear the bang. I can’t breathe.
That can’t be good.

His eyes are wide open, his face contorted in pain and despair before he disappears from my view.
Did he accidentally shoot himself with the green k bullet? Or did Lois’s patella connect with his reproductive system?

With a strangled cry I fight gravity. It’s not enough to pull us upward, but I manage to break our fall and find some forward momentum, speeding away from the alley behind my building and down the deserted streets.
I backtracked and those hints such as the cool air….nicely done driving Clark out onto the terrace and then have Lois stumble together with Clark over the balustrade

I can see why FoLC were quite interested in the next part.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard