Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad to see this story back, though sorry to see it end.

Beautiful job.

The earthquake scene was well done, and I love how it kind of mirrors the last scene, with the diagnosis.

Congrats to your mom (and the rest of the family) for surviving chronic illness for so long.

Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This ending startled me a little, and at first I didn't know what to say. But like Paul said, it's very beautiful how you show Clark and Lois being there for each other, Lois for Clark after the earthquake horror, and Clark for Lois after her shattering diagnosis.

I love this:

"I can't do this, Clark - I can't ask you to - "

"Lois, stop. Please," he interrupted, tears shining in his dark eyes. "You don't spend eight years married to someone and then turn your back on them. Besides, I'm here because I love you - sweetheart, that means you never have to ask me to do anything.

"I'm here for you because I want to be. Because I love you so much."
It's a very beautiful story, angelic. Congratulations on finishing it after everything you've had to deal with regarding your finals. And I'm glad to hear that your mother is still hanging on, despite her chronic illness.

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is a wonderful story. smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Angelic,

I stumbled on both of the "terms of" stories on the archive and was really impressed both by your choice of plot and by your language. The angst never felt gratious and the characters very much alive.

Just awesome. thumbsup

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Wow! What a beautiful story. The ending is heartbreaking but I just know they will beat this together. Very well done.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
First of all, I owe you guys the biggest apology in the history of history for just now responding to this feedback thread!

grovel grovel grovel grovel grovel

Seriously, I'm beyond sorry that I haven't responded sooner! I think I thought I had, so therefore, I just assumed I had. (And assumption, as we all know, is never a good idea. Ever.)

Maria, Paul, Ann, Tricia, Arawn and Jackie, thank you all so much for your incredible comments. The "Terms" series was my first-ever attempt at L&C fanfic, and to see it so well-received on the boards has been such a heart-warming experience.

And the second part, "Terms of Endearment," was also a way for me to work out my frustration with my mom's multiple sclerosis. Writing this was so cathartic and hopefully, it was ultimately an uplifting read. I worried that the ending was too dark, too ambiguous, but I also knew I couldn't write it any other way. Looking back on "Estrangement" and "Endearment," there are definitely at least a few things I'd change, be they word choice, a particular pacing issue or what have you, because even in the short time I've been posting on the boards (it hasn't even been a year yet!), I've grown so much as a writer.

But you readers have been so wonderful and so so *so* receptive, all I can say is thank you so much. Without you guys and your incredible comments, this series would've never been finished. "Terms of Estrangement" would've remained a single-part vignette.

So thank you for your feedback, for the amazing compliments and for sticking with this story!

And since I finished "Endearment," the "Terms" series still feels a little too undefined for my taste. It'll probably take a good while (I've *got* to finish editing a current WIP, "A Million Little Pieces," the only other long-ish fic I've attempted), but I have a third and final "Terms" story to write. Hopefully sooner rather than later. laugh

Again, thank you all so much for your incredible comments and for your support!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard