First of all, I owe you guys the biggest apology in the history of history for just now responding to this feedback thread!

grovel grovel grovel grovel grovel

Seriously, I'm beyond sorry that I haven't responded sooner! I think I thought I had, so therefore, I just assumed I had. (And assumption, as we all know, is never a good idea. Ever.)

Maria, Paul, Ann, Tricia, Arawn and Jackie, thank you all so much for your incredible comments. The "Terms" series was my first-ever attempt at L&C fanfic, and to see it so well-received on the boards has been such a heart-warming experience.

And the second part, "Terms of Endearment," was also a way for me to work out my frustration with my mom's multiple sclerosis. Writing this was so cathartic and hopefully, it was ultimately an uplifting read. I worried that the ending was too dark, too ambiguous, but I also knew I couldn't write it any other way. Looking back on "Estrangement" and "Endearment," there are definitely at least a few things I'd change, be they word choice, a particular pacing issue or what have you, because even in the short time I've been posting on the boards (it hasn't even been a year yet!), I've grown so much as a writer.

But you readers have been so wonderful and so so *so* receptive, all I can say is thank you so much. Without you guys and your incredible comments, this series would've never been finished. "Terms of Estrangement" would've remained a single-part vignette.

So thank you for your feedback, for the amazing compliments and for sticking with this story!

And since I finished "Endearment," the "Terms" series still feels a little too undefined for my taste. It'll probably take a good while (I've *got* to finish editing a current WIP, "A Million Little Pieces," the only other long-ish fic I've attempted), but I have a third and final "Terms" story to write. Hopefully sooner rather than later. laugh

Again, thank you all so much for your incredible comments and for your support!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien