Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#297459 09/10/23 03:55 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I'm excited to hear what you guys think of the story!

"I hope this little incident hasn't put you off of flying. Statistically speaking, it's still the safest way to travel."
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
It's intriguing. In the Silver Age comics, Lori Lemaris was a mermaid who knew about Clark's powers and at one time had hoped to pursue a romantic relationship with him. Given the short prologue with the deep-sea submersible with both cameras and sonar, she's still a mermaid and she might be worried that her secret is about to come out.

I'm eager to learn her real purpose in meeting Clark. It doesn't appear that she's looking to have a relationship with him, but if she is a mermaid this can't be a pure social call. Something tricky is going on, isn't it? Is she going to ask for Clark's help with the pesky scientist with the underwater obsession? Maybe she'll reveal herself to Lois, either intentionally or unintentionally. It should be fun.

Lois: Honey, why didn't you tell me you dated a mermaid?

Clark: You didn't believe me when I said I'd learned ballroom dancing from a Nigerian princess, so yeah, I kinda held that one back too.

I'm going to follow this one. What's your posting schedule? I hope it's frequent.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This sounds like an interesting tale. I'm only vaguely familiar with the comics. So while I had heard of Lori Lemaris, I didn't know who she is exactly. Now I'm curious what will happen next. Will the twenty minutes Clark can hold his breath be enough to solve whatever is going on in the sea? Can't wait to find out.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far! I'm hoping to post a chapter each week, but it might end up being more like every two weeks. It just depends on my beta reader's schedule.

I've always lamented Lori's absence in more modern comics. She's such a fun character and is seriously under-utilised. Maybe merpeople would have been a bit far for Lois & Clark, but they've got multiple time-travel episodes, so I think they could've handled it.

"I hope this little incident hasn't put you off of flying. Statistically speaking, it's still the safest way to travel."
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Intriguing so far!! And very well written too!

Congrats on posting your first story!!! party

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My goodness! This is a really different kind of story. Lori Lemaris, the mermaid, makes an appearance? Bring it on!

Last edited by Morgana; 09/12/23 01:33 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I really enjoy your prose! Its fun to experience the Planet through Lori's eyes, and I love the subtle little by-plays between her, Lois and Clark. Great start!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard