Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: drdeathdefying FDK: Challenger Deep (1/6) - 09/10/23 07:55 PM
I'm excited to hear what you guys think of the story!
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Challenger Deep (1/6) - 09/11/23 12:05 AM
It's intriguing. In the Silver Age comics, Lori Lemaris was a mermaid who knew about Clark's powers and at one time had hoped to pursue a romantic relationship with him. Given the short prologue with the deep-sea submersible with both cameras and sonar, she's still a mermaid and she might be worried that her secret is about to come out.

I'm eager to learn her real purpose in meeting Clark. It doesn't appear that she's looking to have a relationship with him, but if she is a mermaid this can't be a pure social call. Something tricky is going on, isn't it? Is she going to ask for Clark's help with the pesky scientist with the underwater obsession? Maybe she'll reveal herself to Lois, either intentionally or unintentionally. It should be fun.

Lois: Honey, why didn't you tell me you dated a mermaid?

Clark: You didn't believe me when I said I'd learned ballroom dancing from a Nigerian princess, so yeah, I kinda held that one back too.

I'm going to follow this one. What's your posting schedule? I hope it's frequent.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Challenger Deep (1/6) - 09/11/23 05:50 AM
This sounds like an interesting tale. I'm only vaguely familiar with the comics. So while I had heard of Lori Lemaris, I didn't know who she is exactly. Now I'm curious what will happen next. Will the twenty minutes Clark can hold his breath be enough to solve whatever is going on in the sea? Can't wait to find out.
Posted By: drdeathdefying Re: FDK: Challenger Deep (1/6) - 09/11/23 06:01 PM
I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far! I'm hoping to post a chapter each week, but it might end up being more like every two weeks. It just depends on my beta reader's schedule.

I've always lamented Lori's absence in more modern comics. She's such a fun character and is seriously under-utilised. Maybe merpeople would have been a bit far for Lois & Clark, but they've got multiple time-travel episodes, so I think they could've handled it.
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK: Challenger Deep (1/6) - 09/12/23 03:31 AM
Intriguing so far!! And very well written too!

Congrats on posting your first story!!! party

Sara smile
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Challenger Deep (1/6) - 09/12/23 05:33 PM
My goodness! This is a really different kind of story. Lori Lemaris, the mermaid, makes an appearance? Bring it on!
Posted By: JadedEvie Re: FDK: Challenger Deep (1/6) - 09/20/23 04:45 PM
I really enjoy your prose! Its fun to experience the Planet through Lori's eyes, and I love the subtle little by-plays between her, Lois and Clark. Great start!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards