Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
This is SO my favorite part!! Because we worked so hard to build the tension for this kiss and you pulled it off so well, Twinnie! And the mosh pit rescue??? SWOOOOON!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Onions. Relish. Sheā€™d insisted that those ingredients were a must on a hot dog. Which meant her breath was probably atrocious. She couldnā€™t let her first kiss with Clark be with onion and relish breath. It was bad enough that it might be at a Pearl Jam concert.

OMG I'M DYING. That's why she avoided the kiss?? LOL!!! And also LOL at the last sentence, really unfair tho grin

OMG how did she end up in the mosh pit??? This gave me anxiety!

Her babbling when she explains she doesn't like Pear Jam is adorable and funny. grin Great scene!

And we have three more chapters... things are looking promising!!

Looking forward to the next one! smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Features Writer
Features Writer
It's a good thing I'm alone in my kitchen, cuz I'm grinning at my phone like an idiot right now.

That was so hilarious and perfect. I loved his rescue of her out of the mosh pit and their confession of both hating the band was brilliant.

Can't wait for the next part ^_^

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
This is SO my favorite part!! Because we worked so hard to build the tension for this kiss and you pulled it off so well, Twinnie! And the mosh pit rescue??? SWOOOOON!

The mosh pit rescue was for you lol. I figured you'd like it

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Anna B. the Greek
Onions. Relish. Sheā€™d insisted that those ingredients were a must on a hot dog. Which meant her breath was probably atrocious. She couldnā€™t let her first kiss with Clark be with onion and relish breath. It was bad enough that it might be at a Pearl Jam concert.

OMG I'M DYING. That's why she avoided the kiss?? LOL!!! And also LOL at the last sentence, really unfair tho grin

OMG how did she end up in the mosh pit??? This gave me anxiety!

Her babbling when she explains she doesn't like Pear Jam is adorable and funny. grin Great scene!

And we have three more chapters... things are looking promising!!

Looking forward to the next one! smile

Lol!!! I'm glad you're enjoying it. And we are a bit mean to Pearl Jam, but to be fair, L&C wouldn't love the band ha ha!

I will link the two songs the opening band play (Moist). They are awesome!

Thanks for reading!

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Blueowl
It's a good thing I'm alone in my kitchen, cuz I'm grinning at my phone like an idiot right now.

That was so hilarious and perfect. I loved his rescue of her out of the mosh pit and their confession of both hating the band was brilliant.

Can't wait for the next part ^_^

Yay! I had to do something with the mosh pit since Jimmy liked it so much and I got lost in a mosh pit once at a Moist concert (the opening band) when I was 15 lol

-Angel
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
One of my favourite movies is the 2005 Pride and Prejudice, in which, there's a scene where Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are dancing, and everyone else in the room fades away. It's just them, dancing to the music.

The solidness of his body and the fact that he seemed to know exactly how to touch her caused the rest of the setting to drop away, leaving room only for them.

This made me think of that moment. I can see them in my mind, standing there, the music playing in the background, and no one around them...

Loved Clark rescuing Lois from the mosh pit! Laughing at the onion and relish breath.

Looking forward to the rest of the fic!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
The mosh pit rescue was definitely memorable. Such a fun part. Love this story.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Toomi8
One of my favourite movies is the 2005 Pride and Prejudice, in which, there's a scene where Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are dancing, and everyone else in the room fades away. It's just them, dancing to the music.

The solidness of his body and the fact that he seemed to know exactly how to touch her caused the rest of the setting to drop away, leaving room only for them.

This made me think of that moment. I can see them in my mind, standing there, the music playing in the background, and no one around them...

Loved Clark rescuing Lois from the mosh pit! Laughing at the onion and relish breath.

Looking forward to the rest of the fic!

Ha ha! I love Pride and Prejudice as well! Maybe I was subconsciously channelling that...either that, or Buffy and Angel at prom wink

Thanks! I love the mosh pit rescue too lol

-Angel
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by bakasi
The mosh pit rescue was definitely memorable. Such a fun part. Love this story.

YAY! It was my favourite part as well lol! Thanks!

-Angel
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Let me just echo everything already said about this chapter. You definitely knocked it out of the park! Such a fun read. Congrats on creating what turned out to be the perfect date after all.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
David Usher is cute!

These two are having a wonderful time despite being at a concert for a band neither of them likes.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Saras!

And their banter had turned to flirting and the flirting had been beyond exhilarating.
awwwww

, and then out of the corner of her eye she spotted Clarkā€™s hot dog clutched in his hand. Onions. Relish.
See? See? /Eyes previous FDK/ well, the Saras did see wink

Once out of visual range, she searched through her clutch and was relieved to see sheā€™d thought to bring her breath mints after all
laugh

and she couldnā€™t even bring herself to tell him she didnā€™t actually like the band heā€™d paid so much for them to see.
Yeah! Hey, and he canā€™t bring himself to tell her that he likes to dress in tights.

As it was, what kind of foundation did they hope to build if their first date was built around Lois lying to him?
CLARK: ummmmmmā€¦

mosh pit. She tried hard to picture him throwing himself at other people with the sole intent on smashing his body into theirs and it caused a giggle to bubble up inside of her.
shock

She knew heā€™d gone out of his way to get good seats, but they were awfully close for her poor ears.
Yes, he waited for the last minute so he could buy them at a premium. Alsoā€¦ laugh

He said something to her, though she couldnā€™t hear it over the din.
It was either ā€œIā€™m Supermanā€ or ā€œI have super funā€.

she found herself distracted by the rest of their set as she leaned into Clarkā€™s body, and he wrapped his arm around her, rubbing her arm ever so softly with his thumb
Their own personal mosh pit!

Surely Clark wouldnā€™t be quite so fixated on her once his favourite act took the stage.
laugh

It suddenly occurred to her that sheā€™d had quite a lot of liquids, and that if she wanted to use the restroom before the main act began, now was the time.
She was never at a big event like that, was she?

ā€œIā€™m going toā€¦ā€ she gestured to the door, hoping he understood. For some reason she didnā€™t want to say ā€˜I have to peeā€™ to her partner. What was wrong with her? He nodded, thankfully sparing her the embarrassment, and she told him she would be back in a few moments.
And thatā€™s how Clark learned that Loisā€™s favorite activity is investigating large scale operations for backroom dealings.

Thankfully, she had brought it with her in her clutch and she took a moment or so to re-apply it. Pearl Jam could wait.
Best make them kissable?

She wandered forward trying to get a better look, but with the music so loud and the venue so dark, she had no idea where she was. She decided to turn around and head back out again, when suddenly someone slammed into her, knocking her to the ground hard.
And this would be the obligatory gun runners.

Fear shot through her as she realised she had somehow managed to stumble into the mosh pit.
laugh Clark will think that was intentional!

Clark making his way to her, a determined look on his face.
He couldnā€™t have heards her heartbeat over that noise, could he?

ā€œYouā€™reā€¦youā€™re bleeding!ā€ he said, touching her chin. ā€œAre you sure youā€™re okay? Maybe we can find a first aid kit orā€”ā€
She got banged up worse by the gun running rebels in the Congo. Almost didnā€™t make it out alive, in fact!

She liked being able to look at Clark. She liked being able to hear Clark when he spoke to her,
laugh

ā€œYouā€™d rather not get thrown out of a plane on our next date,ā€ he said, somewhat flustered but with a tone that told her he was very much enjoying her touch. ā€œGot it. No planes.ā€
Laterā€¦
CLARK: Jimmy, x-nay on the parachute-nay.

Feeling a little bolder, she reached up and pressed her hand to his chest, running it gently down the broad planes of his abdomen. He gave a sharp intake of breath, letting her know that sheā€™d had the desired effect. She smiled.
Good thing theyā€™re doing it this way around and that Lois has stopped where she did, otherwise thereā€™d also be desire affected.

she allowed herself to say what sheā€™d been thinking all evening. ā€œI donā€™t want to go back in.ā€
Oooooohhhhh!

ā€œI donā€™t like Pearl Jam. I mean, I really donā€™t like them. I only agreed to go to see this concert because you wanted to go so badly and I wanted to go out on a date with you.
rotflol

Oh no! Had she ruined their entire night?
No. In fact he's going to explain to her that he can't be friends or possibly even close coworkers with someone who doesn't appreciate the melodious range and intricate details of their songs.

pressing her body against him once more in what was supposed to be an innocent hug.
Yeah, no, not innocent. Though itā€™s a good thing Clarkā€™s not wearing a kilt to the outing.
LILā€™ PULITZER: Mom! Dad! Are you telling me I was made at a Pearl Jam concert? Gaaaaah, thatā€™s so embarrassing! /rushes off to room and slams door/

ā€œI know a good place around the corner,ā€ he started to say. She interrupted him by placing her finger against his lips.
Heā€™s not living around the corner, is he?

He stilled immediately and she felt herself smile mischievously.

ā€œWanna come back to my place for coffee?ā€
shock

That had soundedā€¦really forward, suggestive. Especially because that flirty tone had somehow turned sultry.
Yep, sounds like sheā€™s inviting him in for ā€œcoffeeā€

. ā€œI meanā€¦I meant, like, actual coffeeā€¦ā€
laugh

This keeps being entertaining? When does the quality drop? /eyes part count/ Oh, I see. Part 11 may present a steep decline in quality wink

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (Itā€™s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Saras!

And their banter had turned to flirting and the flirting had been beyond exhilarating.
awwwww

, and then out of the corner of her eye she spotted Clarkā€™s hot dog clutched in his hand. Onions. Relish.
See? See? /Eyes previous FDK/ well, the Saras did see wink

Once out of visual range, she searched through her clutch and was relieved to see sheā€™d thought to bring her breath mints after all
laugh

and she couldnā€™t even bring herself to tell him she didnā€™t actually like the band heā€™d paid so much for them to see.
Yeah! Hey, and he canā€™t bring himself to tell her that he likes to dress in tights.

As it was, what kind of foundation did they hope to build if their first date was built around Lois lying to him?
CLARK: ummmmmmā€¦

mosh pit. She tried hard to picture him throwing himself at other people with the sole intent on smashing his body into theirs and it caused a giggle to bubble up inside of her.
shock

She knew heā€™d gone out of his way to get good seats, but they were awfully close for her poor ears.
Yes, he waited for the last minute so he could buy them at a premium. Alsoā€¦ laugh

He said something to her, though she couldnā€™t hear it over the din.
It was either ā€œIā€™m Supermanā€ or ā€œI have super funā€.

she found herself distracted by the rest of their set as she leaned into Clarkā€™s body, and he wrapped his arm around her, rubbing her arm ever so softly with his thumb
Their own personal mosh pit!

Surely Clark wouldnā€™t be quite so fixated on her once his favourite act took the stage.
laugh

It suddenly occurred to her that sheā€™d had quite a lot of liquids, and that if she wanted to use the restroom before the main act began, now was the time.
She was never at a big event like that, was she?

ā€œIā€™m going toā€¦ā€ she gestured to the door, hoping he understood. For some reason she didnā€™t want to say ā€˜I have to peeā€™ to her partner. What was wrong with her? He nodded, thankfully sparing her the embarrassment, and she told him she would be back in a few moments.
And thatā€™s how Clark learned that Loisā€™s favorite activity is investigating large scale operations for backroom dealings.

Thankfully, she had brought it with her in her clutch and she took a moment or so to re-apply it. Pearl Jam could wait.
Best make them kissable?

She wandered forward trying to get a better look, but with the music so loud and the venue so dark, she had no idea where she was. She decided to turn around and head back out again, when suddenly someone slammed into her, knocking her to the ground hard.
And this would be the obligatory gun runners.

Fear shot through her as she realised she had somehow managed to stumble into the mosh pit.
laugh Clark will think that was intentional!

Clark making his way to her, a determined look on his face.
He couldnā€™t have heards her heartbeat over that noise, could he?

ā€œYouā€™reā€¦youā€™re bleeding!ā€ he said, touching her chin. ā€œAre you sure youā€™re okay? Maybe we can find a first aid kit orā€”ā€
She got banged up worse by the gun running rebels in the Congo. Almost didnā€™t make it out alive, in fact!

She liked being able to look at Clark. She liked being able to hear Clark when he spoke to her,
laugh

ā€œYouā€™d rather not get thrown out of a plane on our next date,ā€ he said, somewhat flustered but with a tone that told her he was very much enjoying her touch. ā€œGot it. No planes.ā€
Laterā€¦
CLARK: Jimmy, x-nay on the parachute-nay.

Feeling a little bolder, she reached up and pressed her hand to his chest, running it gently down the broad planes of his abdomen. He gave a sharp intake of breath, letting her know that sheā€™d had the desired effect. She smiled.
Good thing theyā€™re doing it this way around and that Lois has stopped where she did, otherwise thereā€™d also be desire affected.

she allowed herself to say what sheā€™d been thinking all evening. ā€œI donā€™t want to go back in.ā€
Oooooohhhhh!

ā€œI donā€™t like Pearl Jam. I mean, I really donā€™t like them. I only agreed to go to see this concert because you wanted to go so badly and I wanted to go out on a date with you.
rotflol

Oh no! Had she ruined their entire night?
No. In fact he's going to explain to her that he can't be friends or possibly even close coworkers with someone who doesn't appreciate the melodious range and intricate details of their songs.

pressing her body against him once more in what was supposed to be an innocent hug.
Yeah, no, not innocent. Though itā€™s a good thing Clarkā€™s not wearing a kilt to the outing.
LILā€™ PULITZER: Mom! Dad! Are you telling me I was made at a Pearl Jam concert? Gaaaaah, thatā€™s so embarrassing! /rushes off to room and slams door/

ā€œI know a good place around the corner,ā€ he started to say. She interrupted him by placing her finger against his lips.
Heā€™s not living around the corner, is he?

He stilled immediately and she felt herself smile mischievously.

ā€œWanna come back to my place for coffee?ā€
shock

That had soundedā€¦really forward, suggestive. Especially because that flirty tone had somehow turned sultry.
Yep, sounds like sheā€™s inviting him in for ā€œcoffeeā€

. ā€œI meanā€¦I meant, like, actual coffeeā€¦ā€
laugh

This keeps being entertaining? When does the quality drop? /eyes part count/ Oh, I see. Part 11 may present a steep decline in quality wink

wave Michael

Ha ha ha! Thank you so much! The coffee bit had me giggling too!

-Angel

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard